Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Skysail Treasure Co.

Xavier cleared his throat, and continued eating, ignoring Cyradis' comment for a moment. "I was here first." He twirled his fork around his finger before sitting on his plate. He thought back on the memory for a moment, then pulled out his journal. He thumbed through a few pages, not able to recall exactly what the events leading up to his induction into the crew were. "Ah, here it is." He cleared his throat again. "Today I wandered into this town. My journey has been long and tedious. Desert is not fun. Make sure you remember that." He chuckled to himself. "Oh you. This city seems nice, it's awfully busy, I might get used to it. I saw an Engineer-For-Hire poster on a bulletin board, it seems that the ship, Requiem Dawn, has a broken flight mechanism. Maybe I should remedy this."

He closed the journal. "That refreshes my memory. I came into the city during my journey, it was right after my tango with a group of nomad's in the Derashi Desert." He shuddered at the thought. "There was a note posted by Gabe, the engine they were using at the time was out of commission. I talked to him, and after showing him some of my skills... most of the ship is the way it is now because of yours truly."

He took a bite of his food, swallowed, and continued. "I'd say I've been here about... thirteen months now? Just a smidgen over a year."

Name: Bleddyn (Ble-thin) Moores

Race: Human

Profession: Former servant/house-hand

Description: Bleddyn is short, standing 5 foot 2 inches, but powerfully built, he has dirty blonde hair usually held back into a pony tail. Bleddyn has deep baby blue eyes and fair skin (with a very slight tan), he has a blonde goatee-type beard, but due to the few opportunities he gets to shave he usually has a line of stubble on his jawline. Bleddyn dresses plainly but practically, off-white shirt, brown trousers and hardy well-worn boots and dark hooded travelling cloak. He also carries a pack slung over one shoulder which contains his few possessions, and a rapier-like blade at his belt.

Personality: Once happy with his lot, Bleddyn was cheerful and easy going. Though he was poor and an indentured man, he was not resentful of his lot. However his situation has recently changed, forcing him to grow up, this has left a more brooding, and cold man, where the young boy had once been.

History: A heavily pregnant Lillian Moores, alone and fearful was taken into service by the wealthy family De Sora, an unusual situation, the reasons were never fully explained to Bleddyn. Bleddyn was born soon afterwards, and though weakened by the birth Lillian was well cared for on the orders of the widow Lord Maximon De Sora. It became Lillians job to care for the child Rhiannon De Sora, her mother dying in child birth not long prior to Lillians arrival.
    Bleddyn and Rhiannon grew up together, playing as young children, with Lillian caring for both, and maintaining the house. When Bleddyn turned twelve, Lillian was taken with a fever and passed away. Bleddyn felt a debt was owed and stayed on as a servant. During the next 10 years as a general servant Bleddyn learnt much, to care for and ride horses, cooking, cleaning, simple blacksmithery as well as other things. He also became proficient in swordplay, becoming Maximon’s fencing partner. During what free time Bleddyn had he was taught to read by one of Lady Rhiannons tutors, and was free to use the De Sora library.
    Bleddyn was cared for by Maximon and treated well, however Maximon was becoming concerned by Bleddyn’s relationship with Rhiannon, though he was glad there was a close friendship, he was worried of it developing as Rhiannon was of high birth and would marry accordingly. Maximon became more and more distant with Bleddyn in the last three years, and began to find suitor after suitor for his daughter, all of whom she turned down politely. Maximon began to fear the truth, that Bleddyn and Rhiannons hearts belonged to each other.

ooc: just thrown my character sheet up, was thinking (if ok'ed im just about to run away be thrown out, can either do it where you guys set down, or catch the ship as it sails...

Gabriel Solomon

OOC: Accepted Mike, just have him stowaway or join either late at night or before they leave the next morning.

IC: It had been an interesting and productive day. A few new crew members – Sephara had briefed him in full later that evening – of which one was a former enemy. Kaltor Greycloak. Gabe brooded over that decision for a bit. He wasn’t one to hold a grudge, and the man and his sword arm would definitely be an asset, but he thought maybe he was too vulgar and brash for the rest of his crew. The man was a bonified pirate after all. Picturing Kaltor running amok on his ship made him laugh out loud, and then he decided to forget the matter.

When Meg arrived shortly before the tenth bell it was all the fanfare of a genuine princess. Well, not exactly, but she had several trunks and cases with her. He’d watched in mild amusement as her workers carried her things on board and stored them in the last two rooms – she’d needed one just for all the extra cases.

“Anything else we can do for you mi’lady,” he’d increased her rank to better mock her.

“Oh, I don’t know,” she’d played along, “Have the chef send some iced tea with lemon slices to my room. And maybe a light snack.” Her smile reminded him of freshly baked cookies, so indulgently intoxicating. Meg had said she’d come prepared to undertake the full quest, having brought along several tools that might be needed if the book was genuine. Gabe wasn’t paying much attention anyways, preferring more to watch the effect of the moonlight upon her hair. It was the feeling of swimming in a translucent brilliance.

Sephara hadn’t missed a thing though. “You’d better stay focused on the job.”

“She is the job my dear,” he rebutted.

“She’s a Vasseen.”

“Speak a language we both understand would you.”

With unflinching eyes Sephara said, “A harpy, a succubus. She preys on men and uses them.”

“Well she can use me anyway sh- OW! What was that for,” he rubbed the back of his head where her hand had hit.

“I’m being serious Gabe. Be careful around her. “That was her last warning. He’d grumbled something about her needing a man, yelled at the few crew members who had witnessed his humbling to restore some of his pride, and retired to bed.

With the morning sun came the start of a new adventure. Casting off from the port of Coral, the Dawn and her crew sailed away from the rising sun. Spirits were high as the job was, by most standards, simple and straight forward. Easy gold was a most welcome thing for this lot.

Days rolled by uneventfully. The crew entertained themselves by taking turns trying to be the first to bed the new women who’d joined them. It was more a game of fun than anything else, as friends laughed at each other’s misfortunes and follies. The ladies took it all with a grain of salt, male egos were ever the same. Kaltor was good to his word. Once a day he took the crew through lessons with a sword the watched as they did some friendly skirmishing. It was a fact that Gabriel would thank the Gods for only 5 days later.

It was the middle of the fifth day and things were going as usual. The Dawn cruised the skies with only light clouds surrounding them. There was something about being in the middle of nothing that was both calming and distressing all at once. Blue skies above and blue waters below. Depending on your disposition it could be serene or maddening.

Gabe was enjoying a conversation with their new doctor, an enticing woman if he’d ever seen one, and a keen intellectual, as he piloted the ship. Her eyes never failed to drawn him in. There was something odd about her though. As friendly she’d been, Gabe had noticed she’d occasionally stare at nothing in particular and sometimes even make slight faces. Who was he to question the doctor though? He’d known a few brilliant minds in his time, and they nearly all had one or two screws loose upstairs.

Today they were talking about wines, and although he wasn’t by any means a professional, it was a subject near and dear to his heart. “Have you ever been to a vineyard?”

“Unfortunately no,” there was real regret in her voice, “I’ve always wanted to though.”

He chuckled, “I would have thought in your profession you’d of had some connections. You know, someone owing you a favour or two.” She smiled back at him.

“Well, I did take the doctor’s oath and all. I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to extort people,” she giggled a little and turned her attention to the aft, looking out across the empty sky.

Returning his gaze forward he continued on, “But seriously, even better, flying over a vineyard. Seeing the rows and rows of grapes is an absolute amazing sight to behold.”

“What’s that?” she said. He picked up a slight alarm in her voice like she didn’t understand.

“Well, you see, on Vineyard they grow the grapes-“

“No, no, no,” she scoffed, “I’m not talking about wine. What’s that?”

This time he turned around and saw she was pointing at something off in the distance. Squinting his eyes to see better he tried to pick up what she was pointing at but couldn’t. “Hold still for one minute.” He called one of the crewmen to take over and he picked up the spyglass that was always strapped to the aft railing and followed her hand to a spot in the sky where a small grey speck was.

The captain raised the spyglass to his eye, found his target, recoiled his head in surprise, then immediately looked through it again.

“What is it?” the alarm in her voice was heightened after seeing his reaction.

Gently removing his eye he turned to her slowly and said, “Trouble.”

Dashing off the back rail he ran directly opposite, to the rail above the main deck, and spotted his first mate as she was helping Xavier with the repair of a small wind turbine that turned a generator which powered some minor machinery. Leaning, his body almost fully over the rail he yelled at the top of his lungs, “Orcs!!! Prepare for battle!!!”

Chaos erupted like an anthill being crushed. Despite the flurry of activity that followed that seemed to have no rhyme or reason, there was method to the madness as the crew knew their duties well. Some of them did at least. He couldn’t be sure of the new arrivals.

He relieved the interim pilot and immediately began to push the ship upwards, deeper into the clouds. “Doctor,” he called, “Go to my cabin and get me my rapier and pistol. After that,” he cast her a solemn look, “It would be best to prepare for the worst.” He said it grimly so she’d know he was serious. During his career as a sailor he’d seen men die from nothing more than lack of preparation and he wasn’t going to make that mistake.

“Orcs?!?” Sephara’s tone was slightly disbelieving, “This far south?” She took the Spyglass found the raiding party Gabe had seen moments earlier. “Khutra Nom,” she swore in her tongue, “There’s at least 8 Rocs and 3 Thunderbrids.”

“It could be worse,” he managed a weak chuckle, “There’ll be two riders to every bird. The Thunderbirds will be carrying Shamans. Best get Cyradis ready. Those things like to shoot lightning.”

“I thought this was supposed to be an easy job,” he heard her yell as she practically jumped down the stairs.

So did I Seph, so did I.

OOC: Alright everybody, let the fun begin. Feel free to start the attack. As mentioned in the post, there's 22 Orcs in all, and 3 Shamans. Each bird carries 2 riders, the one controlling the bird and the fighter. The 3 Thunderbrids carry shamans who can cast basic magicks and those birds themselves can shoot lightning.

In an air battle you're trying to kill the crew, not destroy the ship. Destroying the ship means destroying the loot obviously. The ship is armed with 2 boltcasters, fore and aft, that can pivot and act like big crossbows spraying 8-10 heavy bolts at a time.

Let's kill some Orc!

OOC: brilliant, stowed then, sorry for length of post, but its an intro

IC: 5 Days previously.

“Keep your defence up, Bleddyn” Maximon shouted, though short of breath from the exertion of swordplay.
    Bleddyn lets his guard drop again, deliberately and turned with it, avoiding Maximon’s thrust he stepped aside resting the point of the training foil at the nape of his back.
    Maximon sighed and dropped his own training blade,
    “enough for today boy, we need to talk”
    Bleddyn nodded at sat in the offered chair, brushing a stray lock of blonde hair that had come out of the pony tail.
    “I have appreciated your work these past years, and the companionship you have shown to myself and my daughter”
    Bleddyn suppressed a smile, was he going to give his blessing to himself and Rhiannon?
    “But I think it is time for you to spend time with men your own age, learn a trade. These are also important years for Rhiannon, she is becoming a lady and needs to conduct herself as such”
    Bleddyn was stung by the mans insult, not only to himself but the audacity of talking low of his own daughters reputation and manners. With a curt nod, Bleddyn left and retired to his own small room.

Throwing himself on his bed, Bleddyn clenched his fists in anger. What did he have to do to prove himself to that man? he had cared for his daughter for as long as he could remember, her eyes, the colour of her hair filled his mind.
    As if thinking of her could conjurer her close, there was a light knock at the door.
    “Ble?”
    The door opened and Rhiannon walked in, smiling at the site of her, his face quickly darkened as he remembered her fathers words.
    “I am being sent away Bleddyn, to my aunts house in the south, in a carriage at first light” came her tuneful voice, choked with the tears she wouldn’t let fall.
    “Your father spoke to me, he will not allow you to be with someone of low birth”
    “But I love you”
    “And I you Rhi”
    A well-exercised stubborn look set her features into an impasse,
    “I will not marry, no one but you dearest Ble”
    Bleddyn held her in his arms, and felt her tears wet his shoulder as he told her his decision .
    “I am leaving, I will seek my fortune and return when I can show your father my mettle. Can you wait for me?”
    Between sobs, Rhiannon told him she would wait, forever if need be.

Rhiannon sat on his bed and watched, staring blankly as Bleddyn grabbed his few belongings and threw them into a pack before strapping his sword to his belt. A thought struck Rhiannon and she left quickly without saying a word.
    Bleddyn walked out of his room and the only life he had ever known, as he got to the front door Rhiannon returned. She threw her arms around him and they shared a desperate kiss. As the embrace ended Rhiannon put a small parcel into Bleddyn’s hand, he threw it into his pack and took her hand.
    “I love you” she said,
    “I love you too” Bleddyn replied, opening the door with his free hand.
    Bleddyn stepped out into the night and the door shut behind him.
    “Take care” Rhiannon whispered as the door closed on the man she loved.

Bleddyn looked up into the night and looked for inspiration, and saw it, a sky ship. Bleddyn’s mind was set and he moved quickly to the sky port. On reaching it he looked around, the first ship that caught his eye he walked up to, the Requiem Dawn, reading the notice about the skysail treasure company he shouted to the deck.

“Need another hand?”

Bleddyn herd no response so climbed on deck, seeing no one around (they were below having the meal) Bleddyn slipped below deck, found an empty cabin and laid down, wondering how long it would take before he was discovered, Bleddyn drifted to sleep thinking of his Rhiannon.

Today.

Days had passed, no had looked into the cabin, because no one was using it. The first night in the confusion of the new crew getting organised, Bleddyn had managed to aquire food and water, he meant to introduce himself but the more he thought about it, the more concerned he was that he was going to end up overboard.

However he herd the shout of Orcs, and realised they may all soon end up overboard, grabbing his blade he left the cabin and jumped up onto deck. Looking across at the crew getting assembled he saw the man at the wheel and decided if he wasn't in charge he would know who was,

"I want to say sorry, but time for that if i live. I am on your side. I am also a fair shot with bolt or bullet if you have something i can shoot at?"

Bleddyn looked at the grim faces turning his direction, this would be over quickly, one way or another, and he only had to deal with the consequences of his actions if he survived them...

OOC: some liberty about being hidden for so long, but i hope you don't mind.

Regular
    Aram loved being in flight. Many a night was spent on deck, fingers plucking his guitar as he sang a beautiful ballad to a blushing lass as the rest of the crew laughed. They would gather on the deck and sing along as he strummed out a lewd chorus...

For the past four days, Aram had been relied on three times a day for meals and spent an hour a day with Kaltor learning swordplay. Sometimes he would even convince the pirate for an extra lesson or two, bribing him with an extra snack or two. Aram was a glutton for knowledge to expand his ever increasing roles. After the past four days, he had recieved a good understanding of the basic strikes and parries. Today it would seem he would need them.

He was in the kitchen cleaning up from lunch when Aram heard a loud yell from Gabriel above deck. Only one word came through clearly, but it was enough to send off warning bells in Aram's head. "ORCS!" Aram through the pan onto the table and grabbed his scabbard hanging from the apron hook. Fastening it around his waste, Aram exited the kitchen, through the mess hall, and took the stairs two at a time up top. On deck, The crew was a perfect example of orderly chaos. All together they looked panicky, disorganized. But they had been trained well by the captain and first mate in emergency procedures, and it had saved them before. Heading to the front of the ship where he would meet Cyradis, Aram set up the Proto-Reflectors. Duel pieces of steel polished until they mirrored, the steel was then enchanted with a spell of reflection. once mounted, Aram would use the steel for two purposes. The first was to reflect oncoming magic back at the casters and away from the ships mage standing behind him. The other was to redirect any sunlight into the eyes of the crew, or in this case mounts, to serve as a distraction allowing Cyradis an openning. Hopefully Cyradis would be able to take down the Rocs before they could drop off their passangers. Orcs always hunted riding Rocs.

As Aram placed the Reflectors in their place, he overheard Gabe yelling something about Shaman and froze. Could he be talking about ORC shaman? That meant Thunderbirds. The reflectors could handle shaman magic, but Aram had no clue of the effect of Shriekbolts, the Thunderbird's natural weapon. Having set up his station, Aram turned to one of the men running around. "Where's Cyradis? Where's the mage?"

Xavier pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed to himself. "Great. Just as I get everything working again..." He sighed and dropped his wrench, allowing it to hit the deck before pushing it under the gadget he was working on with his foot. "Alright. Let's get to this..."

He calmly walked towards the main mast of the ship and felt around it for a moment, before producing a large, rusted metal pipe from a hidden compartment. "I hate to have to use this again." He twirled the pipe, dropped it, them embarassingly picked it up, shifting his eyes left and right before patting it in his hand. "You gonna give me a bigger paycheck for all the damage I have to repair tonight, Captain?" He shouted to no one in particular, taking a stance.

OOC:
    I'm heading to Vegas until next Monday, I can't promise I'll be on. You guys are more than welcome to RP around me or close-post for me. Xavier is mostly a swing-and-hope-I-hit-something-that's-not-my-friend kind of fighter.

Delorted
    Last edited by Kichigaijen; 03-09-2009 at 03:50. Reason: Double post.

Veteran
    OOC: That holds for sea battles as well. ;) Geco, you sly devil. You used Casablanca as inspiration for Gabe's meeting. The Blue Parrot with Ferari?

IC:

A life aboard a ship was different, yet similar, to life wandering the wastes of the land. Finishing your work for the day only took a four hour shift of your life and then you were free for much of the rest of the day. Until another four hour shift four bells later. Twelve bells you were alloted before the next shift. Enough for sleep and four bells of activity.

Really quite an equitable arrangement, as there were two other shifts besides his own, rotated every other day so no one got only night and evening shifts. Rather regimented and a nice change of pace. Arlen had to admit that it was quite enjoyable. He couldn't help but chuckle while he looked up at the men try to impress the young ladies aboard. Though not old and impotent, the concerns of the young were at best childish in this regard.

It was apparent that few truly understood the way to a woman's heart, and Arlen was not one to claim he did. However, he had indeed found many ways that led to their wrath, mostly in the days of his youth. Flipping carelessly in the journal, remembering old days, Arlen's fingers found an often read line. His eyes looked off past the pages and wooden deck a few moments and his jaw squared.

Ever so faintly, he could hear it and closed his leather bound journal, wrapped it ever so practiced, and calmly walked to his cabin, number 19. No use carrying it with him and getting it ruined in battle, if the ship went down, he wouldn't be reading it any time soon.

Sighing, Arlen girded a shortsword upon his person and followed it with a bracer. "I had hoped I'd never have to actually fight for my life again. Such is the life of a treasure-hunter," he grumbled. Grabbing a bow and quiver on his way up, as they were being distributed, Arlen gave it a couple test pulls. Good weight, firm and springy. Taking an arrow he sighted down the shaft and eyed the fletching. Gabriel spared no expense when it came to surviving an attack, as the bowcasters told on either side of the vessel. He'd leave that to the younger men with a little more strength to expend and a little less skill with a bow.

Arlen's eyes narrowed as he saw the giant birds, getting a clearer sight. His gaze went to the men on either side and back forward. "Aim for the wings, mates!" Arlen called out. "It's no different than a pidgeon from hell, shooting fire from his eyes and lightning from his arse!" He chuckled, but it was more of a nervous one. There weren't many on the crew, but at least it was a varied one. Some skilled, some probably not. They would come through if they worked together.

Cyradis was cross-legged on the floor of her cabin, her eyes closed and her hands resting lightly on her knees. In front of her, a small, solid rod of black minerals was extending from the floor to just over her head. The material of the rod was visable shifting and churning, and an odd distortion filled the air around the rod, as if the light itself was being bent around it. Periodically, small sparks of static would zap out from the creation, and the brow of the young mage manipulating the minerals would furrow in concentration.

As shouts and fast beatings of feet from above increased, so did the number of static discharges from the rod. Cyradis was clenching her teeth now as the numerous distractions vied for command of her attention. The rod began to tremble, sending ripples through the gavitic field surrounding it. A bead of sweat rolled off the Kellan girl's temple as the rod became charged more violently, sending sparks across the room. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Cyradis threw her eyes open, and the rod fell to dust, settling in the small iron coffer beneath it.

"So close..." Cyradis lamented as she twirled her finger in the pile of various minerals. Sighing again, she shut the coffer, locked it, and slid it back under her bed. Rising to her feet, she adjusted her robe, and pulled her hair into a ponytail in front of her mirror. A sudden pounding on her door caused her to gasp in suprise. Pulling the door open quickly, she greeted the crewman with a chastising expression.

"You don't have to knock splinters from the wood for me to hear you. What is it?"

"Sorry, Cyr," apparantly some of the crew decided one more syllable was too much to handle in adressing her, "Orcs are attacking!"

"What!? Don't prattle like a child if its that serious!" Cyradis snatched a leather sack of iron ball bearings from her dresser and slid past the crewman, who was obviously new to the prospect of battle, and ran onto deck. She looked around quickly for the source of the attack, but there were no ships or other threats starboard or port. Climbing the short staircase to the aft deck, she saw Aram was already set up in his little custom-made battlestation - with a decidedly annoyed look on his face due to Cyradis' lateness. Standing in the center of Aram's disks, she could see the Rocs and Thunderbirds tailing the Dawn, and getting closer. They would be in range soon.

"Thunderbirds?" Cyradis decided not to comment on her lack of alertness of the attack, "Why would they bring ship-killers for a raid?" The lightening from the thunderbirds was inaccurate at best, as any lightening tends to be, but it was certainly capable of destroying hull and engine components as well as crewmen. No, the only threat from the thunderbirds were the shamans on thier backs. They could cast direct targeted spells and thin ranks without causing damage to the ship or getting in bow range. The thunderbirds would only be ordered to attack if the raid turned into a rout.

Using the little amount of time she had left, Cyradis tied the pouch of ball bearings to her wrist and loosened the thong holding it closed. Retrieving a few of the heavy iron balls, she rolled them around in her palm, as she cleared her mind and drew in the tiny fraction of the infinite power of the universe she could safely control. Her hand, and the bearings in it, began to spark with visable blue tendrils of energy as Cyradis built the magnetic field around her. Her silken robe swayed in an unfelt wind as she parted her eyes and looked clamly at Aram.

"Get ready," she said simply as her purple eyes began to glow, the trademark sign of any Kellan arcanist ready for battle. Focusing on the nearest Roc, Cyradis held open her hand, plam out towards it. The bearings, despite hanging in mid-air, clung to each other tightly and began to rotate, quickly gathering speed. Drawing her hand back into a fist, the bearings remained hovoring, and spinning fast enough to heat the air around them.

As the first arrow sailed out from the neared Roc, Cyradis threw her fist ina striaght jab, as if hitting a punching bag, and recoiled as the bearings fired from their resting place with a cannon-like boom, leaving a visable shockwave and a trail of superheated air. The three bearings split into a small spread and impacted the Roc with the force of cannonballs; tearing apart the poor creature and sending its riders on a long lonely trip to the ocean surface.

OOC:
    So long... anyway, that spell was just something show-offy to start the battle. Another would take too long to cast, so I'll stick to less powerful attack for the rest of the battle. In any case, Google or YouTube rail gun/cannon if you want to know what an electromagnetic weapon looks like when it fires, and what I was thinking of (albeit on a much smaller scale) when I tried to describe the spell.
    Edited for clarity/typos.
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 03-09-2009 at 06:18.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend

Jade & Jasper

Jade was standing on deck enjoying the Captain's company. Jasper, to her annoyance, was standing close by, listening in on the Captain's every word. He of course, as he had told her many times now, thought the Captain was not to be trusted when it came to non-captain-y things, or simply put when it came to heart-matters. Jade was used to him never approving anyone around her, but even if it annoyed her she could never blame him for doing so. How could she, when she owed him so much. Her eyes began to water but she quickly pushed the tears and the dark memories away. Instead she turned to give Gabriel a warm smile.

One second they were in the middle of discussing wine and the next second everyone was starting to prepare for battle. She ran down to fetch Gabriel's rapier and pistol, barely catching a glimpse of the interior of his cabin. One thought formed in her mind though, the cabin looked very much like the Captain.

"I'll be down in the sick-bay," she informed him. "Send down the ones that can walk by themselves. It is better for all of you if we are not in your way up on deck. If you need me up here, send a runner."

She turned on her heels and ran inside again, but instead of running direcly to the sick-bay she took a detour to her own cabin, pulling out a sword from underneath her bed wrapped in a green cloth.

"Don't use it unless you absolutely have to!" she told Jasper as the two quickly made their way to the sick-bay. "I need to be able to help the injured! Promise me!"

<As long as you are down here you will be in no danger,> Jasper said. <Unless it goes very bad, but then I guess you will have no more to heal.>

"Don't speak like that," Jade said quickly as she placed the sword against the closest wall.

<But I make no promises if you are pulled on deck.> he said grimly to her.

"But I'm their doctor. What good am I too them if I'm passed out?" she asked.

<What good are you to them if you are dead?> he retorted quickly.

Silence filled the air between them as Jade made sure everything stood in its place. Next to her on the floor was an emergency kit incase she was called onto the deck. Pulling her black hair back into a ponytail she was ready for the worst.

Name:Wintrow Mesprit

Race:half human/half orc

Profession: Ship's boy

Description:6 ft and not yet at full mans height being part orc. He has shaggy jet black hair and a small horn on his head that he usually hides with a hat or the hood of his bright red albeit travelworn cloak. He has a hand-and a half sword on his waist and half a dozen throwing knives. He has golden eyes in an otherwise nondescript face and worn clothes Orc-style clothes.

Personality: Boisterous and loud on the surface with ambitons to own his owe ship one day and like most men hides his softer side from all.

Special abilties: Wintrow is well trained with his blade and many other weapons.

History: Claims his grand father war a great sea captain. He knows little else since his father couldn't believe what he had doneas a result he ran away from Wintrow leaving his mother to raise him in a small Orc tribe named Jalimbal where he was shunned by most the Orcs. As he got older it was ovbious he was would be a good Roc rider and was immediately put into training.

On his 16th birthday he received his first mission where he abandon his raiding party to become part of the crew on the Dawn.
    Last edited by zedpcee; 06-01-2010 at 06:10. Reason: typos left bits out

Wintrow Mesprit

Ooc:I couldn't be bother waitin so im just gonna post this.

IC: As the airship came in to sight Wintrow planned his escape hoping the crew of this ship would be grateful to him. He let his Roc lag back to the tail of the party and watch the crew as they became alerted to the parties present scurrying across the deck to grab their weapons. He also notice a sign which from this distance was barely ledgible it read Skysail Tresure Co.

As the thunderbirds and shamans came in range they blasted the ship with lightening that missed by inches. Now he thought as he booted off the rider behind him. who grabbed his leg jerking him and the Roc to one side he drew one of his knives and threw it through the Orcs eye at Then looking back to the battle he notice two of the Rocs had already gone down this was a well trained crew alright.

Drawing his sword he wielded it one handed the other on the reins he caught up with the nearest Roc. He swung his sword at the orc wielding a bow and sawed the bow in half the orc then drew its short sword and slammed is down on his Rocs wing. Wintrow sliced off its leg and it lost its balance and fell from the Other Roc noticing his Roc was starting to spiral downward he steered it as best he could to the ship. Got as close as he could then jumped from the Roc. landed heavily got up and dropped his weapons yelled out "stop don't kill me im a friend I've come to help!"

OoC:One Roc down and one orc
    Last edited by zedpcee; 07-09-2009 at 02:41. Reason: no puntuation

Veteran
    OOC: Zed. :) Good attempt. Though highly unlikely i like the idea. I would say try to duplicate some of those writers in the thread to create a dramatic effect. Don't expect it to happen over night, and don't expect to be like any writer here. However, the first rule of thumb is minding your punctuation. You MUST mind your punctuation. For whatever reason, i have found europeans to have a difficult time with this. You're supposed to be more learned than us americans, show it!

I personally have no issue with his history, because characters in a story are supposed to be decidedly different and unique somehow from their surroundings so that they do NOT fit the mold of the norm. A hybrid orc wielding fire magic sounds okay to me AS LONG as it isn't like fires from hell licking the soles of those on earth. However, like all things, it is down to the GM. Feel no angst if others post without any mention of your post until Geco okays you. It's how things go.

edit:

I figured that you were European from the Zed. but Australia works. ;) Distant cousin. :) I'm actually going to that area of the world soon on a 2 month trip.

Anyway. As I said, It's up to Geco. I like your style. Just refine it a bit and you'll be slashing and burning in no time. ;)
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 07-09-2009 at 15:17.

Ooc:That's fine I was thinking he could only use fire magic through his sword and im not european im Australian lol will fix up puntuation didn't do it cause I only had a short time to post it

Thread Information