Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Skysail Treasure Co.

Kaltor had found the days had passed almost irritatingly slowly. He'd kept his word and had been running training drills with the crew. They were, for the most part, just competent enough to avoid getting killed in one blow. With a little bit more time he thought he'd be able to work on that, but he didn't have a way of creating that desperation and ferocity that would give them the edge in combat and he doubted they'd ever discover it working on a relatively comfortable and mostly reputable airship like the Requiem Dawn.

He could always hope though.

Aram had been his most enthusiastic pupil, even convincing him to give him some extra lessons. It had been slow going, but Kaltor would grudgingly admit if pressed that the bard had a knack for the blade. After the morning lessons that he gave the crew, he tended to continue on for another hour or two with his own practice, though regrettably Solomon had denied his request to set up a target for his throwing knives.

Didn't seem to trust a man with an eyepatch to not go wide with a throw and take out one of the crew.

Afternoons had been spent drinking and playing dice with the offduty crew. Kaltor cheated outrageously, but that was fine - so did everyone else. Apart from the daily training and dice games though there wasn't a hell of a lot that he could actually do. He leant a hand where he could around the ship, but he was a fighter first, not a sailor.

The clamour caused by the Orcs beginning to attack roused him from a lazy slumber. A little lethargically, he buckled on his weapons and cloak and headed up to the deck to take a look at the threat. He was just in time to see the exotic mage throw an attack that blew one of the rocs straight out of the air. A grin crossed his stubbled face. This was going to be fun.

The first wave of Rocs swept over the deck of the ship, their passangers leaping down with weapons in hand to join the melee battle. Without hestiation, Kaltor waded into the thick of things, swords drawn. His fighting style was hard, fast, vicious and dirty. The first Orc to cross blades with him went down as Kaltor calmly shot him in the head with his flintlock, shoving the gun back hurriedly into its holster even as he parried an incoming swipe from a particularly ugly Orc with a large battleaxe.

"BLADES UP YOU WHORESONS!" he roared as the crew spread into the growing melee, "REMEMBER WHAT I TAUGHT YOU OR I'LL THRASH YOU MYSELF!" The ugly Orc, believing his opponent to be distracted, swung a heavy swipe across at Kaltor's left, attempting to take advantage of his blind side.

It was the last mistake he ever made. Without a second of hesitation, Kaltor ducked down and lunged forward, the battleaxe passing harmlessly over his head. Shifting to a two handed grip on his sword, he shoved it upwards in a brutal thrust, tearing through a gap in the Orc's clumsily cobbled together armour. The point erupted out from the back of the Orc in a spray of blood as he let out a choking death rattle.

Moving like a snake, the pirate wrenched his sword free and spun away as the corpse crashed down to the deck. Grinning like the cat that got the cream, he threw himself back into the general fray and fought on.

Veteran
    With narrow eyes and stern countenance, the trio of archers took well-timed shots. The shamans would be a problem, that was apparent when one of the brutes chanted in his demonic ancient tongue. The sky seemed to darken around him as red lightning flashed forth in the clouds between his hands.

"Well then," Arlen grunted, nocking an arrow and drew back with a slow, deliberate, chest-widening pull of the drawstring. At full extension his loose and light shirt whipped in the growing winds of the elemental magic of the shaman. His clothing battered his body along with his hair, crashing against muscles that seemed chiseled by a master sculptor. Where before stood an ordinary traveler of middle age, a powerful hunter took his place. One final breath pulled in and he focused his eyes, calculating the path of the arrow, biding his time.

The shaman's hands held a black swirling orb, glowing red and flashing, above his head. He readied the release the powerful magics of his ancestors and their demonic masters. It probably wouldn't destroy the ship. More than likely not, or there would be nothing to gain, but it would undoubtedly wound it, and kill many aboard.

Arlen had his own evil to release. Letting his breath go at a steady pace, he let his fingers slip from the string. He watched as the arrow sailed in what seemed like a never ending flight. It curved slightly to the side in the increasing intensity and heat of the wind centered around the archers. "Hold your ground, men," Arlen growled to those beside him while he nocked another arrow.

The arrow found it's mark in the Orc Shaman's chest, exactly where he had hoped. The concentration and chanting of the Shaman was lost, though he still lived. The ancient magics dissipated while it released the ball of energy to fall apart behind him. The Shaman's hands found the arrow through one of its two hearts, feeling the hot blood pouring out beneath it.

Screaming for revenge, it raised a fist in blood curdling curses. Arlen's allies had already released their own arrows, and he grinned as one met its mark in the leg of the shaman and the other in the giant bird. Though the attack killed neither target, it was a start, "Good job men! Again for the wing! I will take care of the shaman!" They nodded and aimed, drawing and firing again.

Arlen ran up to the top deck beside the pilot's wheel and drew, aimed a little more quickly, and again fired for the shaman as the bird swooped past the ship's aft for another pass. The second shot caught the shaman in the back, another mighty roar told Arlen it still lived. That much Arlen was not surprised of, but he knew the Orc wouldn't live long. The shaman's seat was already sagging on the bird, in a moment he was sliding completely out of the harness and falling to the ocean below. "One down, Sir," Arlen nodded, as he passed the Captain and followed the path of the bird, continuing his hunt. "More to go..."

Sephara Na

OOC: So much to address ^_^

Zed, welcome. I'm glad to see your enthusiasm to get started, but I would say it's just a matter of courtesy and respect to, if so asked, wait for the GM to approve your character before posting. That said, I have no problems with him, so glad to have you with us!

My few words of wisdom to you. If you've role-played on other forums you'll find it's probably a bit different here. It's not a contest of who has the most bad ass character, or who can kill the most bad guys, or always be the hero. It really is an exercise in both writing and story telling. Ren's already mentioned, but proper writing is demanded here. Minor punctuation and spelling errors are always forgiven, but if you're ever in a rush again, save the post and come back to it later rather than write a poorly constructed offering. Of course, have fun with it, be creative, but always respect the vision of the thread creator and current GM (as it can change).

If you haven't already, you might wanna read the other posts to get familiar with the characters (not much has happened), but it's not a necessity.

With your character, you're going to really have to work to show why it would be plausible for him to betray his clan, because it could not have been so easy.

TO ALL - try to keep pure OOC posts to a minimum.

IC:

Even as the first Orc dropped his weapon and professed himself a friend, Sephara was shouting orders at the nearest men she could see, “Seize him!” Not one, but two men jumped on top of the savage who’d cut his own brethren down in the process of what he would no doubt call his defection. One flew in horizontally and tackled the Orc while the other pressed his weight on top of the first to keep him down.

For Sephara it was like watching her tribesmen wrestle with an overgrown pig as he scrambled to get loose beneath them. She found some rope and raced to bind his hands, methodically doing so, not wanting to risk an escape. Once that was done, she tied his feet. Now he truly was like a pig on a spit, only the rod was missing.

She stood up, “Take him below,” she heaved two deep breathes, “Lock him in a cabin, double time,” she gave her keys to one man and watched as the carried him away. His intentions could be decided later. As of this moment she’d take no chances. Orcs, she knew, could be cunning, and ruthlessly so.

Soon after the first Orc’s compatriots began to land on the deck, but only after a quick rain of throwing axes had been hurled at them. As she rushed to meet the first wave of attackers with her dual white feathered ronin blades the corners of her eye saw that a few of the axes had found victims and impaled themselves in skulls or chest cavities.

Feeling a rage boil within her body she let it fuel her onslaught. These monsters she’d fought before, and she knew of their strength, so she would not fight on their field. Feinting to her strong side the Orc went to make a defensive parry, but she was no longer there. Twirling to her left she felt her left blade slice into the unprotected neck, the steel ripped open flesh and she felt a warm spray on her skin.

“Ah!” she screamed, not out of fear but surprise as a sword raced toward her head in a slicing overhead blow. Completely off guard and exposed she only barely managed to get her other blade up in time to deflect the blade, but the power was overbearing and she fell back as the steel cut across her right forearm. Pang! It was the sound of her demise as one of her blades skittered across the nails in the planks.

And there she lay, watching the blood pool beside her. Sephara watched her opponent standing over her, mouth curled up in a vomit-inducing smile, those hideous features basking in her helplessness. She wouldn’t turn away. Death was to be faced bravely. He began his lunged and she braced herself for what would come next.

BANG!

The Orc fell toward her and she scrambled to get out of the way as he flopped down like a falling tower. “What?” she muttered, then she looked up to see her saviour.

“Well get up already,” Gabe said nonchalantly, “I’m not paying you to rest. There’s work to do,” he pointed around. Grabbing his proffered hand she stumbled onto two feet, then retrieved her ronin.

“Gabe. Th-“

“Not now Seph,” he said with his usual smile and wink. Only that Gabriel could brush off death in such a way.

“Fine. Go on. I’ll go find the doc and get wrapped up.”

“Do that, and get back her quickly, we’ll need you,” he placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder and then moved past her, off to protect his baby.

With all the speed she could muster she vanished below deck and found Jade’s makeshift sick bay. “Doc, I need a little help.”

OOC: Alright, I believe the count is 1 Roc dead, 1 shaman dead, 1 Orc defector, 7 Orcs dead. That leaves 11 Orcs and 2 Shamans.

Regular
    Aram put his shoulders into holding up the giant mirrors. Once Cyradis had ripped open the first Roc with her attack two thunderbirds broke away, the shamen focusing on the mage at the fore of the ship. Cyradis was forced to focus on defense for a minute while Aram adjusted the reflectors. Once again in position, Aram deflected the first magic attack harmlessly away. A second magic attack passed slightly to the left, missing the ship completely though not by much.

One of the thunderbirds reared back it's head and opened it's beak. For a slight second a crackle could be heard from its throat and then a flash errupted. The lightning slammed into the mirror on Arams left, knocking Aram off his feet and shattereing the reflector. At the same time the bolt jumped back at the thunderbird. The bird looked no worse for the bolt, but was momentarily stunned at recieving a shock from its own weapon. Aram climbed to his feet as quick as he could manage after the last attack. he could still feel the hairs on his arm standing. Hopefully Cyradis could take advantage of the stunned beast...

OOC: Just a little post to hold Aram over. Gotta go to work, will hopefully have more in the morning...
    Last edited by Darlok; 08-09-2009 at 00:37.

Wintrow Mesprit

Ooc:Awww I was hoping to fight more but it was the only sane thing anybody would do.....oh umm im useing full stops in place of commas the button doesn't work so just bear with me.

Ic:Laying on a bunk in a small dark cabin, they hadn't even bothered to light a candle.sounds of fighting could be heard coming from on deck. All he could do was wait for the fighting to end, maybe someone would come and check on him......

Dropping his pipe, Xavier thought it would be better to maintain the ship the best he could amongst all the carnage, the ship was taking damage; lightning damage. "Damn it all." He mumbled under his breath, using all his strength to push a piece of pipe that had broken off of the wind generator back into place. He managed to wedge it back into place, then used his jacket to tie it into place. "That should hold..."

BAM. Another lightning bolt had hit part of the mast. "Ugh." He looked up, it was just some singed wood, nothing too major at the moment. He turned, surveying the carnage. Something caught his eye and he ran forward, grabbed the pipe off the ground and shouted. "Gabe, duck!"

He swung his hand forward, releasing his rusty iron pipe into the air, letting it soar towards the face of an orc attempting a sneak attack on the captain.

Post Fiend

Jade & Jasper

Jade could hear the battle commence from outside and she nervously bit her fingernails while staring at the open door leading into the sick-bay. She threw Jasper an anxious look over her shoulder but all he could do was to give her was a crooked smile. They didn't have to wait long until one of the deck-hands was led down by another. The poor boy, who couldn't have been more than 17, was bleeding from an open wound on his leg.

"Here quickly. I'll take it from here. You go back up again!" she told the other boy, slightly older than the first one. He looked at her for a brief moment, almost as if he wanted her to ask him to stay, but Jade shook her head.

"I got this. You go back and help your friends. They need you more than I do! Go!" Reluctantly he ran back outside.

"You'll be fine," she soon followed with a re-assuring smile. "We'll just patch you up and you'll be up and running in no time. But maybe wait with the running until tomorrow eh?" The boy smiled at her which turned into a grimace of pain as the alcohol used for cleaning touched the wound.

"Gauze!" she demanded just as Sephara entered the room a couple of minutes later and the gauze as if by magic was rolled on the table towards her. In truth it was Jasper doing the actual rolling. With some practise they now worked well as a team. It had taken Jasper a bit of time before learning all the instruments and vials from another, but now he was a perfect although sometimes grudgingly assistant.

"Oh, are you ok?" Jade asked with worry in her eyes, quickly scanning Sephara before tightly wrapping the gauze around the boy's leg.

"There, might hold off the running for a while, but it is so small so I'll doubt you'll have any troubles with it. Now, lets take a look at this," she turned to Sephara as the boy limped away. As she removed some of the cloth around the open wound she couldn't help but to feel a bit ashamed. She had avoided the talk with Sephara for a couple of days now, partly because she wanted to avoid any uncomfortable questions but perhaps even more so because she was afraid that Jasper would do something stupid if she was around her too much. She wanted to know that she could trust them before telling, even if it in turn meant that she held back information from them.

"It looks like a clean cut," she told Sephara taking a closer look at her arm while cleaning the wound with some pure alcohol. The first mate winced slightly.

"I think it's best not to warn patients when it is going to hurt," she told her with a smile. "Some people react strangely if you do... You want to do it quickly and get over with it. Now, to do this properly I would probably have to do a couple of stitches... or do you want a quick wrap and go?" she asked the First Mate. Jade wasn't a fighter herself, but she knew one when she saw one, and they always wanted to go back into the fray.

Ooc:umm guys since I discovered your little backstreet of roleplaying I went searching and discovered a city lol well more of a website with dozens and dozens of RPs with many players it is called roleplayerguild.com so if you wanna join me there my name is Zran there I shouldnt be too hard to find though.

Gabriel Solomon

With wings spread wide the Roc’s and their riders had soared to meet the Dawn as they climbed. Gabriel figured they’d already spotted them, but he had to try to run and hide. Now there wasn’t much left to do. There was no point in trying to out manoeuvre the birds, so he resigned himself to just keeping the ship steady and giving his archers and easier time with their aiming.

After a minute of steady travel he called up Yoren and told him to just hold the Dawn on its current course. He turned around to join Cyradis and Aram as they waited patiently for it to begin. He found himself thinking about the young man who reminded him so much of himself. A keen mind and an eagerness learn. Gabriel hoped no harm would befall him in the upcoming exchange, and made a promise to himself to keep an eye on him.

Once the birds were close enough he could see Cyradis was beginning her work, so he began his, “You know, they really are majestic creatures,” he could feel the upraised eyes as they heard his offbeat comment, but he just pressed on, “Such grace and elegance as they move through the air. Especially those thunderbirds. What a lovely bright yellow feather jacket. Have you ever seen a more beautiful bird Cyr?”

“Busy Gabe.”

“Well I think they’re beautiful. Ooh, nice shot Cyr,” the mage had released her magic and ripped one of the birds to shreds. Cyradis relaxed, the weight of the spell dissipated from her. “I always thought we should have got you to play marbles for money. Could have made some nice pocket cash.”

“I think you can stop now Captain,” she’d seen his routine enough times before to know he was just trying to lighten the mood. It would get all too serious soon enough.

“Right,” he said with a faint voice. “Prepare yourselves everyone. Archers, follow Arlen’s lead,” the man’s survival experience had not been fabricated, “And skirmishers under Kaltor’s command.” Boy he was happy about that decision. Sephara was a great organizer, but a poor battle leader. She’d want to hunt as a lone wolf. Meanwhile, with everything going on, it would be his job to coordinate everyone and tend to all the unexpected events that would occur.

He was so focused on making sure everything was in order for the attack, he didn’t even see the throwing axe until it imbedded itself in the wood a few feet away causing him to jump in surprise. “Alright then,” he gulped uneasily.

Battles weren’t something he was particularly fond of, but he’d seen his fair share and had a unique ability to watch them like a true general would, with nothing but strategy in mind. More axes peppered his ship and he saw some of the crew falling. Even the cabin boy had been hit, but luckily it looked like just a flesh wound and he was helped below to see the doctor.

After the first barrage the crew watched more intently, and more easily dodged the projectiles. A few were still clipped, but no deaths on the second pass. The next thing to hit their deck was no weapon, but an Orc. Gabe had watched astonished as he’d turned on his fellows and even killed a couple before jumping onto the Dawn. Sephara had wasted no time in neutralizing whatever it was doing, but it left them a few men short for when the raiders boarded.

They dropped like giant rain drops, rolling expertly to their feet and hacking and slashing at whatever was closest. Suddenly Aram was off balance having taken a direct hit, but his mirrors had deflected the magic and protected them. He bounced back to his feet, and Gabe let his concern fade away. But on his main deck he saw an instant cause for concern. Without thinking he bounded down and cocked his pistol.

Sephara couldn’t see the trouble that was waiting for her, and sure enough as she came out of her spin an Orc had sliced at her and knocked her to the ground. He stopped dead, held his breathe, and squeezed the trigger. The bullet flew true, and the Orc tumbled to the ground. Gabe helped her up and sent her off with his usual bravado, but for a few instants he had been scared to death that he might not make it in time, or that his aim would be off. Of course, his friend would never know that.

They made quick work of the first raiding party, but took their share of losses. Four dead he’d counted, and probably as many injured. When he looked to the skies he saw one of the Shamans was dead. A slight relief, and Arlen beamed a quick smile at him.

“Nice shooting,” he complimented the team.

The rocs were heading round for another pass. This time, the drivers themselves would drop down. The birds would make their way home, and the Orcs didn’t seem to want to go away empty handed. The numbers were pretty much equal at that point.

Lightning tore through the hull sending splinters of wood in every which direction. “The hell!” he yelled even as he covered his head. Attacking his ship was like a personal insult. “You ugly bastards! Have some decency!”

“Captain, the Shamans!” it was Cyradis who was calling and pointing. The 2 remaining Shamans were chanting and had their eyes locked on two of his crew members. The attack was time perfectly. Just before the Orcs swooped down his crew was throw into chaos by Orc magic.

One of the archers took his notched bow and swung it around to point right at Gabe. “Hazem what are you- Woah!” he dropped before he could even finish his sentence as an arrow sang just over his head. When he looked up Hazem had dropped his bow and unsheathed his sword. Everyone around was dumbfounded, but Cyradis’ next shout brought everything together.

“It’s the Shamans! They’re making them bloodlusted!”

“Oh, goodie,” he commented sarcastically and raced to parry a blow directed at the bowmen in front of the cursed man. “Traggy, roll right!” he yelled a warning. Luckily sailors were a superstitious lot, and used to taking commands, so rather than the average response, which would have been to turn and see just why he should duck, Traggy actually rolled and saved his own life as the sword sailed wide.

Arlen and the others took notice and went to tackle Hazem. “Don’t hurt them if you can avoid it!”

So, as if things weren’t bad enough, now he had to worry about his own crew. ‘I really hate Orcs,’ he thought as the second wave of attackers landed, and he charged to stick one with the pointy end of his sword.

OOC: I have an account there too, and to date I haven't been that impressed. It's true, there are many more people, but those of us here have stuck it out because of the other people that remain. We know each other fairly well and, dare I say, mostly like each other. It's become a pleasure to RP with these guys. It's not about the quantity, but the quality of the interaction here. That said, I am somewhat hopeful to find something decent on those boards, and if not, I might try something myself just to see what it's really like.
    Last edited by Geco; 10-09-2009 at 01:10.

Ooc:Well I have found several that seem to be pretty good one in particular is Last stand of the Elves and they actually have two threads per Rp the Ic one and the Ooc this thread seems ok and there are some positions open still. That I have found another forum doesn't mean I am abandonin this one....but there isn't really much my character can do yet lol

OOC: That's cool Zed. I'll take a look. However, please refer to my comments about not making pure OOC posts. It's not really the place here. Having this convo in the RP Msg Board thread would be a lot better.

OOC: I made an account there, mostly because I'm able to give attention to a few threads at a time, and usually there's only one major active thread going on at any given time here. I do like the variety on these boards though, so rest assured, Utopia will come before anything else. The talent here is just a rung above the others.

IC:
    By the time the orcs began landing on the deck, Cyradis had recovered from the brief aftershock of her first spell, and had dipped again into her bag of marbles - so to speak. Three of the iron balls were rotating in no particular pattern around the hand to which the bag was tied. As the rocs and thunderbirds passed the ship on their first pass, Cyradis turned her attention to the orcs that had boarded. Sephara seemed to have captured one and ordered it secured belowdecks. Cyradis didn't have time to contemplate that much as two of the oversized brutes came rushing up the short staircase towards Aram and Cyradis, no doubt meaning to end the source of the destruction of one of thier prized birds.

One of the iron balls casually floated to Cyradis' other hand. She extended her arm palm-first towards one of the hapless growling raiders. Like before, the ball began to spin quickly. As Cyradis closed her open hand into a fist, the ball became a projectile not dissimilar to a musket shot, albeit much more accurate. With the familiar boom of a flintlock weapon, the iron bearing planted itself in the orc's head, sending the big creature sliding to a stop on the wooden planks.

With Aram busy dispatching the other orcs foolish enough to come after her, Cyradis turned her attention to the remaining shamans. Alerting Gabe to the curse, the mage let the two floating bearings slide back into the pouch as she held both her hands out in front of her as if grasping a ball. Her purple iris' flared up again as she concentrated her magic. This time, the enemy would get a real taste of magic. Cyradis was dubious about unleashing gavitic energy around the airship, as it had a tendency to be... erratic. But from the safe distance of the thunderbird, it seemed a good oppertunity to try and scare them off. They had already fired thier lightening attack on the hull, and the Dawn still had to be at least remotely landable after this was all over.

The shaman's concentration was unshaken, perhaps foolishly, as the distorted air around him began to become visable. She had to give the orc credit for keeping its cool under any circumsance, though. Eventually, the distorted space around him registered , but far too late. Pulling in his dark magic, he immediately saw Cyradis as the source of this strange magic. Offering him a wicked little smile, Cyradis squeezed her hands with obvious effort into fists.

The distortion became a reality as the gravity field she created collapsed on itself. The shaman's eyes grew wild as he released his spell. The force around him, however, drew the energy back within itself, causing a small explosion as the poor orc was crushed into the size of a few grains of sand, along with several dozen of the tunderbird's feathers.

There was no firey display or flashy conclusion to the spell. The distorted space merely shrunk and shrunk until it was gone, leaving a satisfied expression on it's caster's face. Cyradis truely hoped the crew could wrap up the rest themselves, though, because the bag of iron bearings on her wrist suddenly became very noticably heavy.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

OOC: It's been a while since I've done any sort of RP, and this seems cool and exciting so I was hoping I could join up before it really takes off maybe? :D

::Character sheet::

Name: Kaias Toan
    Race: Human

Profession: Navigator

Description: Standing at a moderate height of five feet, eleven inches, this lean man possesses a weathered look despite his youthful appearance, as though he has traveled the world several times over. His eyes are an almost unnaturally brilliant blue, and serve as a stark contrast to his dark, shoulder-length hair and lightly tanned complexion. Framing his mouth is a moderate amount of unkempt facial hair, as though he has neglected to shave for over a week. Covering his torso is a thin black coat, its front opened enough to reveal the plain white shirt beneath it, while two bandaged hands peek out from its sleeves. Loose pants are held up by a heavy cloth belt, both the same black as his coat, and well-worn sandals adorn his otherwise bare feet.

Personality: At some times loud and boisterous, others quiet and withdrawn, he is always alert and wary, as though expecting danger at any time. Though he prefers to avoid violence whenever possible, he's often the first to throw a punch when there's no other alternative. He also enjoys cooking, reading, and tending to his herb garden.

Special Abilities: He possesses a high degree of skill in a number of martial arts, exhibiting no small amount of grace and control in combat, though he refuses to take up a weapon for any reason.

History: Some number of years ago, around twenty-three or so, a man and a woman performed certain acts after a rather hazy night of drunken revelry, resulting in the woman becoming fat and irritable for about nine months. She never did learn the man's name, for he had left that very night, never to be seen again, claiming he had to "work in the morning" or some such thing. Regardless, at the end of the nine months, Kaias was born. His mother had loved him, as much as a mother could love the bastard son of a man she never knew, but as she worked often and late, more often than not he was left alone. Things weren't helped by his mother's tendency to drink herself into a stupor when she did come home, and eventually he ran away, where he somehow found himself in front of a dojo in the middle of a forest. There he trained diligently, and by the age of seventeen, had learned all his master had to teach him. Not long after, he set off to see the world, and has been wandering the countryside ever since, improving upon his skills and learning all he could about the world.
    Last edited by Lord_Quinton; 12-09-2009 at 02:38.

OOC: Yay for sucking another person back ^_^ This thread is most welcome to have you Quinton. The profession was really more of a what are you going to do on the ship, cause you kind of need to do something. Pilot and Navigator are the two biggies still open. Other than that you can always just be muscle if you want ^_^ (which seems to fit your char more).

I have one request about your character, and that is that you bring down his martial arts abilities. I know it's fantasy, but I have this thing about wanting to be realistic. 23 isn't too young necessarily, but as you haven't given any history for me, and I haven't rp'd with you before (at least that I can recall), I'd feel much more comfortable if he was just really good, not already super bad ass.

You'll have to work you're way into the story. Easiest way is to already be a part of the crew and you can just start posting. Otherwise, if you want to wait until our next locale, send me a message and I'll reply with some details.

FOR EVERYONE >>> for the first time ever as GM I'm being proactive about incorporating you all into helping develop the story ^_^ Throughout today I'm going to be sending messages to you all and assigning you your responsibilities so to speak for the upcoming place where we'll be. You may be working with others as well, so keep that in mind, but essentially I'll be asking players to create the world we end up in and moderate any quests that, of course, tie back to the overall theme. Once you get the message, you'll see what I mean ^_^

And if you don't get one, it's not that I don't like you, it's just I couldn't think of anything specific for you to do at this time ^_^

Ooc: so if we don't get missions do we get land leave? Or maybe not me? Idk I think things will be clearer when the battle is over.

Ic: Laying on the bunk in the cabin Wintrow tried to sleep but every time he started to doze off there would be a thud on the deck above, or a faint yell, or the ship would rock a little, presumably from the thunderbirds. He'd heard what they could do in battle to an airship, when they hit of course. Also he was to the for of the ship near where he had sighted the mage rip apart one of the rocs that he had trained since her birth. Since all of the Rocs were young and hadn't seen battle before he hoped a few escaped to return home

He greived a little for his beloved Rocs his only friends in the world. He was glad he hadn't been along Slicer, an older Roc he had grown up with and his first friend in the world. He was restless in his bed becuse above was one of the shamans were bloodlusting and being part Orc it had some effect on him. It made him to itch to do something but he need if he went up on deck like this he would try to kill everyone aboard. Instead he just relaxed as much as possible and lay there.

Ooc: I hadn't planned on writing so much ps I want some feedback on how I could improve my writing. Quality over Quantity....I wonder which wise man first said that....ok i edited it it ids shorter
    Last edited by zedpcee; 12-09-2009 at 07:38. Reason: disliked post

Thread Information