Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Blog - 2nd September

Your latest trip out from castle OMACskull does not amuse the masses, nor are they willing to be lulled into a false sense of security this time around, which you will have some problems dealing with.

Ignoring the broken, senseless, and stupid attempts to 'modernize' the 'old code,' you have a perfectly functional game at your disposal already.
    What you lack is a person who's professional and experienced enough to maintain it, which is just lame, given that it was made by one person, who had no formal training, and was largely self-taught.

Since you've failed so extremely miserably at acquiring human resources possessing the ability to maintain this game, which is so extremely time-consuming, it sucks all of two hours away from someone's life once every three months, you should really consider option B: pay Mehul cash, so he keeps your failboat from sinking, until such time that the 'new code' is more working product than epic fail.

I'm dead serious.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Great job guys.looking forward to the new code.
    Keep up the good work.
    BOOYAH!

When you open up the beta to try and get real time testing done .... will you let people try out multiple accounts at the same time ?

This was used on the training grounds server, and might help out with traffic crashes.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post

Ignoring the broken, senseless, and stupid attempts to 'modernize' the 'old code,' you have a perfectly functional game at your disposal already.
    What you lack is a person who's professional and experienced enough to maintain it, which is just lame, given that it was made by one person, who had no formal training, and was largely self-taught.

I thought he went to Texas Uni ... (what ever that school with the cows is) .... and learned coding there ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

It takes about nine months to do programming of any meaningful length. Not surprised about the delays. December is a much more realistic time.

As for restarting Gen and WoL, restarts have always been a disaster. Careful what you ask for.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Director of Age Changes
    Deadline failed again... I knew I should have taken a break.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Veteran
    Epic, epic, epic, epic, epic,

Did I forget to say, EPIC!!!

FAIL!!

You guys are pathetic.

+1 to what DHaran said. Is next age going to be a short one too?

I could have learned programming from the ground up, and made myself an all new game, in less time it's taken for OMAC to get this far.

Ever heard the terms vaporware, or development hell?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Veteran
    I could have learned programming from the ground up, and made myself an all new game, in less time it's taken for OMAC to get this far.
    qq moar

i don't see you showing them a complete utopia website that can be run by "professionals," VT2. actions speak louder than words, and they are infinitely further along than you, as you haven't even started.

try starting to do what they do, VT2, then you might be posting less as you know more.

Post Fiend
    It's funny how some of you manage to whine at about every fork in the road.

OMAC sets a date:

"Well, we KNOW you won't make it, fail moar OMAC!"

OMAC fails to make the date:

"Wow, how could you make us believe you were gonna make the deadline OMAC? You're so evil! Fail moar!"

They're clearly wisening up now that they've stopped setting deadlines (publically at least) and are being more realistic about the timeframe of the new code. This, in my view, is a good thing, as now we'll get more realistic handling of the game (no more 'short age' promises etc). Of course this view isn't shared by everyone, but I guess it's good that the opponents are providing such a plethora of realistic alternatives for OMAC to consider. (read: if you couldn't do a better job yourself, why don't you shove off?)

Veteran
    I could walk to the moon and back in less time than it will take OMAC to put this code out.

Enthusiast
    Bottom line is it'll happen when it happens.
    People can either cry about it or make the best of it.

I think they are smart enough to know that releasing a product not ready would be far worse than delaying (once again as everyone says) it and getting it right.
    “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

Quote Originally Posted by khedrei View Post
    I could walk to the moon and back in less time than it will take OMAC to put this code out.
    you cant walk to the moon :))

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Thank you captain obvious

Enthusiast
    Are we going to get more movecode's to compensate the longer age? LAst age we only got 2 codes for the extra weeks, hope they make it a few more this time (like 4 new ones) Just to keep our KD's stocked with players .

Thread Information