Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Race: Ancients

New Race: Ancients

The Ancients

The eldest and least noble of the races, the Ancients have always been in this world. Before the dead became Undead, before the Avians migrated for the last time, before they migrated for the first time, before the Halflings were thieves, before the first ship, before the first age, there were the Betas, and in them, the Ancients. Feared by some, loved by others, misunderstood by most, they have been shedding blood on the shores of Utopia since time before history. Where did they come from? No one remembers. Where did they go? Who really gives a sh*t? A few still climb these hills, sail these seas, rule these lands, bash these newbs. Over the many eons and centuries much has been learned, but much too has been lost. The Ancients remember. And they b*tch and moan about it constantly.

Bonus's:
    + Access to all thief ops and spells
    + Not affected by Diminishing returns on buildings
    + Not affected by Utilization
    + Attack times not affected by extreme downfeeding, 25 acres minimum grab on all nubs

Unique Buildings:
    + Mines, 50gc each
    + Shipyards, build 1 ship every 5 days, docks 10 ships. Each ship carries 100 soldiers. Armies caried by ships receive +10% offense, +10% gains and -10% losses
    +Homes hold 50 people
    +Plazas employ 50 people

Unique Spells:
    +Miner Mystique 25% more gold from mines

Unique attack:
    +Missionary Attack, kidnaps peasants, thieves and wizards

Unique Thievery op:
    +Sink boats

Downsides:
    - Peasants earn only 2.25gc each.
    - Specs are only 3/0 and 0/3
    - Elites are 6/6 1200gc
    - No log out bonus (there's a log out bonus?)
    - Get shuffled every other age
    - Must complain about the Happiness on the boards everyone once in a while, just on the principle of the thing.

Not witty enough.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnon View Post
    + Not affected by Utilization
    + Attack times not affected by extreme downfeeding, 25 acres minimum grab on all nubs
    +Homes hold 50 people
    - Peasants earn only 2.25gc each.
    - Get shuffled every other age
    All of these things are funny.

Director of Age Changes
    Where is Bloodlust? No taverns?
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No universities either

They should totally get bloodlust, and I thought Taverns just added to Happiness? I hated happiness. Happiness did not make me happy. happiness FTL.

VT2: I have no wit. I am not funny. You should not be amused. You should not laugh. i am the least funny person I know. I am more depressing that a funeral on a rainy february day in Utah. Utah is also not funny.

By the way, me and Catwalk were friends, so, myeah.

Happiness and free will are lies you tell yourself to sleep at night.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

You're right. Lies do help me sleep with your mother at night. She thinks I'm rich. But I'm not really rich. It's a lie. *shhhh* Don't tell her.

Score: MrAnon: 1, VT2: 0.

:P I'm a bad person on occasion.

Post Fiend
    no, you're an utter moron for stooping to " I sleep with your momma" levels.

Did like your first post tho, that was funny. I can immagige all the sk going 120 dpa 10 opa and growing 100 acre a day + exploring/dise.

adjin: Trust me, I did not stoop to any level. I exist. Above where I exist there is a level that other people stoop to say "I sleep with your momma". That level is way above me. And yeah, I use to use my Dwarf to attack with 6 generals for 150 acres twice a day. Easy easy land. :)

Guess what, despite all the whining, Utopia grew back then.

Enthusiast
    Grew back?

I still have to say, Dorf ftw.

Utopia grew, back then, in the old days. Despite people whining about being hit from above, the game was much easier for newbs. The only people who hit you were larger than you, and they never got all that much land for the trouble. The best thing to do was ignore the random and hit someone 80% your size to get your land back. Big fish ate little fish, and the circle of life worked well.

Now, newbs need enough offense to break themselves twice, and instead wind up get themselves quadtapped into obscurity, and wonder what they did wrong.

Newbs grew much better, and ghettos did much better, when the game didn't try so freakin hard to protect them. Just my opinion of course. :)

reset to age #, umm, doesnt matter just pick an old one lol.

Thread Information