Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Sum it Up!

Veteran
    Is this the garbage they force feed you guys in American schools?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by khedrei View Post
    Is this the garbage they force feed you guys in American schools?
    nothing garbagy over the sumerians, but wtf does it have to do with america?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by divinorum View Post
    Hitler wasnt a president. He was a reichkansler, and later 'became' führer. You lose. Just like the american who wrote this nonsense thread.
    Thanks for avoiding the crux of the mater with the specific of the exact title he was given for his position.

He was elected head of state. Chancellor of Germany if you will. Happy now?

Oh ye of little knowledge,who do you think has been given the technology and means to fight Anunnaki in 2012? Why do you think we've been holding down middle east advancement for so long? Where do you think the SEAT of Anunnaki will be in the middle east?

So now you know our reasons for protecting the Jews to the bitter end!
    BOOYAH!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by allonons View Post
    Oh ye of little knowledge,who do you think has been given the technology and means to fight Anunnaki in 2012? Why do you think we've been holding down middle east advancement for so long? Where do you think the SEAT of Anunnaki will be in the middle east?

So now you know our reasons for protecting the Jews to the bitter end!
    Why havent you responded to my post?

US never started a war?

What about the CIA intervenience in Southern America and the miliary juntas killing thousands of people? But maybe that s not your definition of a war. Well, it was a cold war. CIA funded the Afghani for their war against the USSR too.

This said, 2nd war against Iraq was started by the US. Negating that is ridiculous. You can start war with manipulated intel and by sponsoring regimes too.

And allonons, I understand a person s.a. Bush could be president when I read stupid comments like yours. We may have been gratefull after the two WW but what you forget to mention is that the Marschall plan was a hughe take over of our economy making us dependent from US corporations. Nothings free, especially in the US. US was rather hesitating on what side to chose since they had more sympathy (they = corporations and politics, not common people) for the devil himself but our markets where just bigger. What you also don t mention is that those same corporations did massive business with Nazi regime. Yes, Ford material killed US soldiers. What you people in US miss is respect for other countries and for their culture, they are just hughe markets to maintain US economy and military. This side of the story seems to be unknown in US or is known but accepted due to arrogance.

Also the point of your topic is missing a purpose or maybe you re Cheney in disguise lol

???!!! Is this guy joking or smoking?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by CumLaude View Post
    What you people in US miss is respect for other countries and for their culture,
    Maybe you meant "what some people in the US lack" (though I would venture to guess that there are more people in the US displaying that character trait then in most other western countries).

Nothing wrong with having some national attachment, but if you consider yourself a countryman first and foremost and a fellow human being second, you know that there is a problem.

The day most people consider that being from their country automatically makes them 'superior' to someone from another country is the day the hope for world peace ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    The day most people consider that being from their country automatically makes them 'superior' to someone from another country is the day the hope for world peace ends.
    This is why the view that America is somehow "The Greatest Country on Earth" is the one which actually damages the reputation of America and ironically detracts from it's claim.

America is an amazing place, when you consider the ideals it was founded on, up to today where it is still a land of opportunity. The majority of Americans live in good conditions, have all modern conveniences and have advanced technology

Many European and Asian countries, however, can claim to have as good or better standards of living. There are plenty of entrepreneurs in these countries, plenty of creativity flourishing, personal freedoms are on the whole balanced with America (some differences like CCTV saturation tip the balance to America, but on the whole you are as free in Germany, Canada, France, Italy, Japan, Australia, Holland etc as you are in America - and perhaps can drink earlier too ;)) Consistently in quality of living polls, many European countries rank above America. Health care is undeniably better in Europe than America - yes in America you can get better healthcare than anywhere else... but you can also get none at all.

To get back on topic, this feeds into one of the reasons why Europeans don't view America in the way a lot of Americans feel they should after WW1&2. Europeans are left with the feeling that Americans view them as inferior & not as equals who they saved during a dire time. (A separate point is if America had not intervened, the consequences would have been much worse, so involvement was self interest).

Whether or not America officially started many wars is not a very good bar to measure by. Selectively choosing events that have occurred in order to shine a better light on your country is really a poor strategy to gain the respect you feel you deserve. In fact, it is the second American trait that ironically plays against them - this idea that they can not do any wrong, and therefore never have. Recent events have shown that to be completely false.

*Anytime I generalise Americans, I am only referring to those who hold the opinions - a cheap way out, I know :P

As an american, sure, judge me by how many wars "we" may have or may not have started. Sure, I don't really see the harm in judging us in the form of black-ops or political assassinations. It seems completely legitimate.

Only because even in the happen stance that we are completely honest; or simply agree to any accused geo-political tampering of any sort, I've yet to see the country to stop "us".

Quote Originally Posted by s.p.u.d.6.6. View Post
    In fact, it is the second American trait that ironically plays against them - this idea that they can not do any wrong, and therefore never have. Recent events have shown that to be completely false.
    Which recent events? Terrorist attacks from people we trained, well pretty much, trained how to fight to begin with?

Teutonic, Frankish, Highland, Spanish, Druidic, Russ, and Scandinavian Terrorists pulled the same crap on the Romans. MULTIPLE TIMES OVER.......... Yet somehow that doesn't mean anything at all. Which is all beside the point because after the attacks happened, what was the first major thing we did... topple some other government. And who, even remotely put forth a valid attempt at stopping the US?

Everyone loves pointing out that any involvement the US had in WW1&2 was purely an action of self-interest. But not as much as forgetting that when Germany first declared war on France and Russia we had no treaties with those countries worth talking about. There was no need to butt into the fighting at all until other such countries began to be attacked. And even then, "we" still had the option of pulling a Sweden on everybody. So if taking an interest in globalized dictatorship or aiding allies is a bad thing... then maybe the Europeans should've handled Germany on their own from the word 'go' instead letting 1 country basically march across a continent + change.... /shrug. And by WW2, most of Europe was still the hate filled ashtray that it was at the end of WW1.

Healthcare... OMG... HEALTHCARE. I've been in so many countries and seen so many different forms of healthcare I'm, personally, ready to back to the days of herbalist and medicine men. Some countries literally don't do anything... almost half of all their taxes can goto healthcare. Some countries offer literally free healthcare... but at the same time they tax >=45% of your gross income, and the governments portion goes up every year. I've seen countries where there was a sort of "free" healthcare, but part of your bill had to be paid off by studying what put you in the hospital and 'volunteering' to help similar cases. So if your willing to screw people over, or do nothing else... yeah, there are simply magical things you can do with an American Healthcare reform. I'd just be more interested in knowing which model you wanted to use first.

Quickly, before I go get my subway, I'd just like to say that NO.... No, America is not a great place based on the principles by which it was founded. Oh, hells no. That random crap faded so long ago I'm pretty sure even Washington forgot it before he died. America, as country, America spanks booty is that it will always change. The America I know, you know, and our kids know... will always be different. From generation to generation it will constantly evolve until it finally kills itself off.
    When the nay-sayers pipe up with talk of exploitation through strategy and planning I'm reminded of a Jack Nickolson quote, "I think of a man, then I remove logic and reason from him"

Just to clarify; USA helped Europe during WWI&II, didnt save... Reasons for win are:

WWI- massive protests within German Empire
    WWII- USSR

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by allonons View Post
    Yes.the point is every war we've been in was started by others,tho some have been unilateral action due to the UN's failure as a world body to deal with the situation.

As long as Russia and China vote/veto against everything the U.S and or it's allies take up as a actual legitimate cause the UN is useless and needs to be disbanded at the very least/blown up at the best.

And just because the US did not find WMD's in Iraq does not mean they were not there at one time,Iraq moved all it's air power (what was left) to Iran,there's nothing to say those WMD's are not in either Syria or Iran.

You Euro's need to think where you would be if not for Americas intervention in WW1 and WW2 ,try talking to some of your older relatives and see what they think what America means to them.

To be the big boy on the block you have to maintain an attitude along with confidence in your ability to control the neighborhood from other bully's and yes that means sometimes being the bully yourself!
    Aswell as anyone who is going to take over your post as the big boy on the block, cause u don't like that.

The UN is already dead. It died right about the time it was taken over by a bunch of tiny insignificant nations who cannot back up their decisions with force. If powerful nations are not backing resolutions, then those resolutions get ignored. Noone will listen to those little nations and there's nothing those nations can do about it.
    Last edited by HumanoidTyphoon; 09-10-2009 at 07:31.

Post Demon
    Ah, the fascinating talk of who will get the big piece of the pie long after I'm dead: the US, China or the EU.

My money goes on China.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyPanda View Post
    As an american, sure, judge me by how many wars "we" may have or may not have started. Sure, I don't really see the harm in judging us in the form of black-ops or political assassinations. It seems completely legitimate.
    Why would I judge YOU for your governments actions?
    Last edited by HumanoidTyphoon; 09-10-2009 at 07:32.

Thread Information