Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions

Lightbulb Some suggestions

Elf 6/5 elite, tog up to 100-150% more costly. That way we don't nerf DE.

DE 7 offspec.

Orc Elite cost 500-600. Gain elite and normal specs.

Gnome 5/5 elite, stables hold/produce 2x horses.

Dwarf +35% increased thief looses when doing ops. Not that other thief penalty.

Human... Increase science effects for everyone please.

nn
    ILM.

Post Fiend
    There's a suggestions section where you can put this so everyone can ignore it. FYI

Lol. Just a sketch, not worth putin' it there.
    ILM.

why is suggestions board better than UT? All suggestions should go there, just look what crap there is
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Enthusiast
    Yup, move it to suggestions please. Crappy or well thought, it's ment for suggestions :)

It's also about utopia. And it also won't get implemented. So it's ment to be here, not in suggestions. I just want some opinion about these race changes, that's all I give a f about. So stop posting what should be and should not be and get to the point- What do you think about those changes.

Thanks, I hate you, bb.
    ILM.

Elf 6/5 elite, tog up to 100-150% more costly. That way we don't nerf DE.
    A stronger elf elite? Are you nuts?
    The ToG cost won't matter to Mystics, runes are plentiful.
    Overpowered.

DE 7 offspec.
    Don't have a problem with it, but don't see what different it really makes.

Orc Elite cost 500-600. Gain elite and normal specs.
    30% Gains and a 600 gc offense heavy ownage Elite, who would play anything else?
    Overpowered.

Gnome 5/5 elite, stables hold/produce 2x horses.
    Reverts back to Gnome having imba turtling ability, which is what the game is trying to get away from. A space saving building gives even more opportunity for turtling and sending less offense out. I won't call it overpowered, by certainly on the imba side.

Dwarf +35% increased thief looses when doing ops. Not that other thief penalty.
    Is this supposed to be an improvement or a bigger penalty, I can't tell. I prefer it the way it is if this is supposed to be somehow not as sucky, because it's not.

Human... Increase science effects for everyone please.
    What?
    S E C R E T S

just remove tog from elves.

Out of those suggestions, i would agree only to 2x stables, and maybe increasing pop sci modifier. Rest I don't

now plz move to suggestions boards
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    30% Gains and a 600 gc offense heavy ownage Elite, who would play anything else?
    Overpowered.
    Maybe ELF? :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

lol yea, doesn't solve any of the current problems anywhere in those changes.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Well, if you make it a 7/0 DE off spec then I'll be DE that's for sure. 7 off for 350 gc?

Veteran
    You could make DE off spec 8 and I still wouldnt play them.

Elves need to lose ToG and maybe give them back QF. I think thats a nice balance.

Orc, like DH said, too overpower. Maybe make their elite more expensive because they need to be nerfed slightly.

Enthusiast
    Remember, we'll be playing by the age 42 rules when the new code launches.

Age 41: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=571433
    Age changes, 41 to 42: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=581226

Saveid: Take those in mind. That's what the new code is based on (current Alpha).

Veteran
    Thanks MrCaid. I know I forgot about that.

So that means no Undead, and no cleric, and artisan is back I guess.

I guess elf won't have ToG, but should still have QF. They don't list a specifi spellbook in that update. Humans would lose PF I guess too.

Thank you for reminding, MrCaid.

Dharan, tell me please, mate: What are the current problems of utopia? Low player base, huge OMG I AM UTOPIA GOD attitude in the forums, money laundering developer? How the hell do you fix that with race changes?

These are ment to get some more fun in. Now, to your notes.

To use tog now(using all mana, mystic), you need about 7%(I think, never counted for sure) of towers with no science. So if you bump up the cost by 100%, the towers will have to go up by 100%. Get the cost up by 200% if you think 100% is not enough. Everyone agrees, that tog is too good. One of the ways to balance it is to make it expencive. And that way you won't take a powerful spell away from DE which need it badly. Elves suck without tog. Yes they have -% looses but that doesn't help a lot when you can't get a lot of army in. And without tog they build up(army, **** science draft and so on) too slowly.

Same for orcs. Orc is really a crap race. Really really. There are so many of them, because organized kingdoms use them for chaining effectively and orcs can have nice offence to bottomfeed(top kds... pfff). For people who do not sit in irc all day, and have a life, they are not that good. Same as elf- too slow economically. Thats why I made their elites cheaper. Also, you have to understand, that +30% gains work on plunders and learns.

Player base have dwindeled(I don't know how to spell that word, and I don't give a f, you know what I mean anyway), plunders are HARD to find(again, take someone with a life in mind), science was nerfed, learns are almost non existant. Orc elite is the only thing it has that really makes it powerfull. MAKE IT CHEAPER.

DE. As someone said- 7 attack for 350 doesn't change anything?.. This change means insane offence for DE, it means keeping insane offence during wars. It means having better defence and lower draft because you need less specs. And lots of other things...

I don't know if the game is going away from turtling or not, but gnome has always been about insane DPA and TPA. Gnome can not afford to get attacked a lot, not to mention DT's. That's why the stables- you have lots of attacking units, because their base attack is low. So you use a lot of horses. And they grow twice as fast. This helps gnome to keep hitting longer in to the battle.

Dwarf. Now this is where you didn't really think, before replying. It is A SERIOUS buff.

Thief penalty means anyone with same tpa can nuke your arse with thieves and you can't do anything about it. WT's are a must for current dwarf. And, because you have lower TPA, you loose more thieves anyway. So taking all of that out and keeping the thieves looses. This will make dwarf more appealing also, because it is a strong race, stronger than most of the others, definetly stronger than silly orc, but it is a pain in the ass to play just because of the thieving part for common players.

Human is simple, I thought you're smarter, but I will point it out to you DH(<3)- human has bonuses on science a race. If you buff science, you buff human. And also, I don't like small numbers..

Thanks, I'm starting to like you all, bb.

P.S.: I think about the lower activity players more, becase they make up the bigger part of the game's population. Most of them are newbs not worth mentioning, but if we get a lot of new newbs in, we get some smart people in with them too. Thats why you have to think about all levels of play, activity and son on.
    Last edited by Saveid; 21-09-2009 at 08:40.
    ILM.

Thread Information