Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have what it takes to challenge vines?

Veteran
    VT2, i am in ur gen kd u wierdo, Okie Dokie?

LOL... I didn't actually see that coming... though it would make everything pretty interesting.
    When the nay-sayers pipe up with talk of exploitation through strategy and planning I'm reminded of a Jack Nickolson quote, "I think of a man, then I remove logic and reason from him"

Veteran
    lol... i like this thread.

I want to get owned by vines, which will happen since this is only my second age playing.

Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    lol... i like this thread.

I want to get owned by vines, which will happen since this is only my second age playing.
    You wouldnt, just ask someone on here how to play a basic province, and you would win.
    - = Paintrain = -

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    You wouldnt, just ask someone on here how to play a basic province, and you would win.
    I was joking, lol. But I still want to have a go at it.

Veteran
    Where be vines?

Forum Addict
    Guys

vines is right

Seriously

I didn't believe him

I went to 90% homes

HOLY

CRAP

First of all, your BE is nuts

Like over 100%

Sickkkk

Second, you have tons of population

OMG ITS HUGE

Your peasants grow like rabbits ****

Sickkk pop growth

No building is better than homes. I'd run 100% homes if I was Undead, but I need farms

Will stop to Wizzie pump at some point (50% guilds), then I'm going back to my Homes strat

Big thanks to vines

Also, thanks DHaran, because I know anything DHaran says is wrong and he said vines was a tard, so I knew vines had to be awesome

<3

Veteran
    I cant tell if your serious or joking...

How is the one hit overpop therock?

Edit: I'm going to actually make an argument.

The reason mass homes is as worthless as it is is net worth. In a standard build, opnw and opa are pretty indistinguishable, but when you inflate your nw so much with homes (which give extra units, aka networth), they become pretty innefficient. You may get a bit more raw offense out of homes than out of training grounds, but the your offense per networth is much higher with training grounds, since homes require new raw units.

Also: I think he's just being stupid. Because excess peasants can't get BE over 100. That can only be done by dwarf/sci.
    Last edited by UtopiaOfGreed; 02-10-2009 at 13:06.

Veteran
    Mostly correct, but i believe having a **** load of homes does increase BE, now...having more than 10% homes is overkill for any non-gnome, homes are a very slow process, and if u are gaining land fast, their effects take TOO long to effectively settle in, i.e:

first build and wait for homes to be done > wait for extra pezzies to populate > wait for them to get drafted > wait for them to be trained

Gain some land and ur back into that hole, just takes too long imo, having some is good, too many is inefficient and usually ineffective. In fact id rather have TG or stables instead to increase offense, TG give immediate effect, and stables u just have to wait for a little while for the little ponies to populate

Veteran
    ok... glad to see you were joking.

soooo.... who wants to play niniature golf while we wait for vines?

Banned
    I can tell Turtle Man has nevery played high homes. With high homes everything happens faster. Drafting, birth rate everything is bigger and better. Say you're a 50% but you still want to draft t0 60%. When I want to make two points first of all it will take less time for your high home province to draft up to 50% because you have more population meaning 1% of your population is more than the normal. And because you have high home your 50% darft is more like a 60% when compared to a province with little homes.

just a few points in that logic thier vines. When dealing with percentages if you are at 50% draft and want to get to 60% draft, by drafting 1% each hour, it is going to take the exact same amount of time whether you run 50% homes or 0% homes. Also, you where right that a 50% draft at 50% homes is simliar to 60% draft with 0 homes becuse it would yield a simlair sized miltary. however if the person with 0% homes ran 25% forts and 25% TG his miltary is going to put out far more OP and DP and at lower NWPA....

Veteran
    Vines,

i think that you are really no where on the homes strategy where we will discuss the fact that more than 50% is defo about 60% in which case high homes are much more useless, however you would not understand that since you urself are which in case we should bring about the point that because bigger and better homes on a province would still eat up a good portion you no how good sci pump would be in the case of heavenly monkies coming down and handing books to a poor little province where the you no vines is really coming around on this whole idea of we dont no what the **** u are saying or what the **** u are trying to point out

Just an example of the type of headaches that can be endured when reading Vines-esque points, if u need elaboration on that, Vines can help u out

You all should get off of vines' penis already.
    #sinners <---click to join

Thread Information