Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopian Dream Team.

Utopian Dream Team.

I have been thinking about it, and since the forum has been flooded with people being unhappy and hating omac (myself included) I thought about how many good players are out there. How many people from the top that are basically awesome at this game. In australia in AFL we have a night of nights where we select the best players from our beloved game and create and "All Australian Team".

Basically this is all the best players from all the teams selected by an impartial team to choose a dream team.

I propose we do the same with Utopia. Clearly there are too many players in the top that I do not know, and I dont know how they play, even the players I do know I dont know how they play.

I want, players from top Kingdoms to select their 25 best players. And also select a monarch to run the, dream team Kingdom. Clearly this is all superficial and just for kicks.

Players that wont to nominate a Kingdom must have a standing within a top kingdom. Regardless of whether you like a person or not, try to be unbias. Give credit where it is due.

Hopefully we can have some positive input from this. Its not a competition to see who the best player is, but to see who the 25 best players are.
    - = Paintrain = -

Veteran
    Idea is interesting, but problem is that top players usually have a hard time playing with other top players as interests, opinions, strategies, etc all differ and can clash creating bad blood.

The game evolves around sound strategy and activity, and having 25 good players really means nothing, better would be selecting 25 of the top players and requiring them to create a competitive KD that evolves around strategy to fight off the 24 other KDs that have top players at their helm.

Top KDs have good players obviously, like Greenie especially, but my knock on them is that the few that i have played with dont allow enough of a persons OWN personality in them, sometimes i want more thievery sci and income sci, but strategy on umunk insists otherwise, this is the main reason i have retired into a mid-tier KD, it allows for me and others to grow our KDs the way we like and test out different things. The game for me is something like legos, i dont wanna be told how to set them up, even if it will not end up as a masterpiece, it will still be something that i have put my thoughts and experience into and allow me to lead by example :)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Man View Post
    Idea is interesting, but problem is that top players usually have a hard time playing with other top players as interests, opinions, strategies, etc all differ and can clash creating bad blood.

The game evolves around sound strategy and activity, and having 25 good players really means nothing, better would be selecting 25 of the top players and requiring them to create a competitive KD that evolves around strategy to fight off the 24 other KDs that have top players at their helm.

Top KDs have good players obviously, like Greenie especially, but my knock on them is that the few that i have played with dont allow enough of a persons OWN personality in them, sometimes i want more thievery sci and income sci, but strategy on umunk insists otherwise, this is the main reason i have retired into a mid-tier KD, it allows for me and others to grow our KDs the way we like and test out different things. The game for me is something like legos, i dont wanna be told how to set them up, even if it will not end up as a masterpiece, it will still be something that i have put my thoughts and experience into and allow me to lead by example :)
    flattered, but no... there is many people out there much better than myself =) many in my own kd, im just one of the more vocal people =)

btw in regards to the personality, i've found often people in gen/beta think i'm an untalkative prick =P
    why? cause i dont have time to dedicate to them, with 50+ hours a week and WoL, im hardly active in the other games =)
    Last edited by _greenie; 29-09-2009 at 08:49.
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Very good point turtle. This is more of a fun thing really. I think it will be good to see what players are respected and are considered excellent players by their friends, peers and competition.

Well Greenie, name a few of the top players that you think are strategically minded and are outstanding players that are a cut above the rest.

Once we have more input from other top players from different kingdoms we will start adding people to the list, and maybe knocking some off. Got to try and keep it unbias. We wouldnt want a kd full of secrets now would we. :P
    - = Paintrain = -

Don't we have world charts for this?

Land
    Honor
    Networth

The rest of the game and how good you are at it can be interpreted differently by almost every player out there. Things like activity, team play, self sacrifice for a greater goal, communicatioin, leadership, recruiting. How do you rate these? You can't. All players are rated by there own kd, and most kd's will hold there players in better regard than anyone elses regardless of how 'good' they play, because that's who they see every day.

Veteran
    Well those charts are all quantitative figures that could be due to luck, competitors focus on different issues, or simply using game flaws like aid via GB protection.

Some people are meant to be generals, and some soldiers, i.e. some follow orders better, other hand out orders better, or a rare combo of both. Look at guys like VT2, nothing against him personally, he is a great individual player, but strategy, i have seen nothing yet that impresses me :)

Whereas in my little snuggly mid-tier KD home, the monarch we have now is amazing, he is very good with his communication and strategy skills and his overall vision for the KD is shared by everyone. When i entered the KD, i knew strategy decently, considered myself an above average player at basically any race, but what i really learned from him were his diplomatic and political smarts.

Good players are what we want them to be, some people consider good players someone they can learn from, others consider good players someone they can consider their shephard :)

How is any dream team chosen. Dont you understand the concept, its a dream team. So its not real. What you stated is exactly the same as an All Australian Football team. How are the players choosen, clearly they are all extremely talented players because they are in the top league of the game, but due to circumstances arising over a players judgement, strategy, skill level, fitness, leadership, self sacrifice for their team we manage to choose a team from a field of talented players.

All players are rated by their own KD, yes, but obviously some of these top players have encountered each other some way along the line havent they. I asked for an unbiased opinion, clearly their are players that dont get along, but just because they dont see eye to eye doesnt mean they arent a good player because one other player says so. Hence why I asked for a broad spectrum of the top to make an unbiased decision based on their knowledge of who they think deserve mention as a exception player and should be nominated to be in the dream team.

If your not keen to participate then dont. I didnt ask this to be a debate about the merit of the "dream team". Clearly everyone is going to have different opinions about who should be placed into the dream team. And I am sure that their will be people that think this is just a huge waste of time. But I thought we might have something else to talk about other than the server being down. If you dont want to help out, then dont post.

Clearly this is a topic that will be widely debated, but this isnt a thread about merit. Its like any poll, or vote. It all depends on the people that are voting.
    - = Paintrain = -

Lets try to keep this to nominations rather than debating the conditions of being an exceptional player please.
    - = Paintrain = -

Veteran
    I vote u Jobolob

May i get a hug first tho for ur hostile tone? It made me kinda cringe :(

This isn't more than a "I vote my (best) friends and you vote yours"-contest :p

Utopia isn't rocket science. There will be a bunch of real strategic players as well as diplomatic ones, but if you look purely at player skills, you'll end up with a huge list as this game isn't really hard to play.

**** it then. delete this thread, if its too hard for everyone to be mature about it for two seconds and nominate players that are worthwhile good value exceptional players then **** it.

Turtle my hostile tone was directed at groover not you.
    Last edited by Jobolob; 29-09-2009 at 09:34.
    - = Paintrain = -

Veteran
    does this mean no hug for me than?

I think we can make this a positive, who does everyone think is the best leader in the game to lead the dream team?

Imo it is Greenie, his comments make the most sense regarding strategy and his cool is perfect for times of war

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    They have clearly missed the concept of a theoretical dream team.

I would go with Trysil and Carsten from my EQ days. Really good guys to boot as well.

As long as those who support Collingwood can control their urges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X4R_IDP4aA
    IMPERIALS KLA

You have just discovered why there is an independant body that usually votes for these type of dream teams, not the players :)

Thread Information