Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stop laying the blame purely on OMAC

Quote Originally Posted by Safri View Post
    omac changed its name to joltonline, omac no longer exists (i think)
    anyway they're all the one
    ok thanks for correcting me.. :)

then we should be updated to call out Jolt instead of OMAC since the name changed. Calling OMAC won't help much then right?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Utopia
    Earth
    Safri is correct.
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

OMAC is the name of the evil one. We shall not forget it.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    OMAC is the name of the evil one. We shall not forget it.
    dont get me wrong CW, i am not trying to defend their handling of the issues, but you know as well as i do that CGI errors/DDoS etc were around long before OMAC took over, their handlings of said issues is a completely different matter all together
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

What does that have to do with OMAC being the incarnation of evil? I'm theorizing that they bought Utopia with the express purpose of inflicting pain and suffering (to themselves as well, it seems).

Moreover, I saw some comments questioning the DoS explanations OMAC offered. I can't say what's true, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if they use it to cover themselves. I haven't really gotten on OMAC's case much about stability issues, I know it's tough to manage Utopia's stability. And there's so much other stuff to criticize them for :)
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

LOL.... if its a DDos attack thats caused all this mess, for now almsot 2 weeks time you would think that they would have tracked the script kiddie back to his or her address and had him arressted.

Frankly the mear fact that the problem seems to be ongoing too me means they have not even attempted to resolve the problem. They have given really no valid explaination of whats going on, and have only snow balled us for this whole time with the usual "We are looking into it" crap.

So if by some miracle of fait it happens to be a DDos attack, and its still on going... hence causing the continued server lag, I say its deffinatly all OMACs fault. Change the server IP, alter the domain names, or any of the very litterally hundreds of ways to cease the attack, up to and including pulling the server offline and tracking the kid down whos doing it, and for the love of god tell us what is going on and stop tring to playcate us.

S3

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral S3 View Post
    LOL.... if its a DDos attack thats caused all this mess, for now almsot 2 weeks time you would think that they would have tracked the script kiddie back to his or her address and had him arressted.

Frankly the mear fact that the problem seems to be ongoing too me means they have not even attempted to resolve the problem. They have given really no valid explaination of whats going on, and have only snow balled us for this whole time with the usual "We are looking into it" crap.

So if by some miracle of fait it happens to be a DDos attack, and its still on going... hence causing the continued server lag, I say its deffinatly all OMACs fault. Change the server IP, alter the domain names, or any of the very litterally hundreds of ways to cease the attack, up to and including pulling the server offline and tracking the kid down whos doing it, and for the love of god tell us what is going on and stop tring to playcate us.

S3
    i doubt the ddos hit is still going, it seems far more simple to assume that the hit screwed up the game db files in some way, and they are trying to recover/fix them

@Admiral S3
    Gee, if it were that easy, you'd think a leading nation in ICT would've figured it out how to stop DDoS before hackers took down their entire country's network infrastructure, wouldn't you?

And you'd figure that other advanced countries would've implemented similar measures that'd prevent hackers from breaking into sensitive data, wouldn't you?

Here, this might help:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=ddos

I'll bet you got this DDoS all figured out. Figured out how to stop it, how it's so damn easy to track the "script kiddie who started it all", how you can just change a number or two somewhere or another, got the whole damned 7-layer or 4-part or whatever, WW network topology all under your thumb.

Here, call this number : (372)6630299
    They could really use your help.

Fool.

I seriously doubt this is all OMAC

The prob is:

1. OMAC is NOT good at communicating with the userbase about what is happening, not happening or whatever. So Even if they have a good excuse, most people will never know about it. (hint: most of the players don't read all this forum)
    2. OMAC regularly does NOT make good choices about how to deal with problems that do arise.

1 and 2 combine to make sure that no one trusts them to chose right, no one knows what is happening and then when we do know something we don't believe it. If anyone does not understand this process read this story: http://tomsdomain.com/aesop/id87.htm

Chances are VERY high that OMAC is not at fault for the attack. but they are still at fault for how they deal with the attack and with the playerbase as a result of the attack.

Veteran
    must suck .-.
    i have had no problems with the game since 10 days ago. is it hard to login still for you guys?

The login is pretty decent now Nuriho, only takes about 2 minutes tops for me to login. The main problem I'm facing is the numerous bugs in the game now, and the hardcore lag and adwares is annoying.

Thread Information