Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Blog 30th September

Bishop, shut up. and how many of us have been literally screaming at them to end gen. it's at 6.5 months.

and as i've said before, i will not desert my kingdom until the bitter end. we're top 4 so my quitting would hurt them.

But since they're not bringing it back up right away, why CAN'T they just say, ok, you have 24 or 48 hours and it's done. absolutely no one will scream over that.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    no one is forced to play gen - just quit.
    horrible logic. No one is forced to play WoL but if WoL was up for 6 months everyone would be saying to bring it down immediately. I know Gen is a joke but some people (like Luth) take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    horrible logic. No one is forced to play WoL but if WoL was up for 6 months everyone would be saying to bring it down immediately. I know Gen is a joke but some people (like Luth) take it seriously.
    im forced to play wol by my kdmates that i play with age after age, not so on gen

i quit about 2 months ago :D

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    But since they're not bringing it back up right away
    so, since they're not bringing it back up right away, end it so there's no genesis for 2 weeks?

well, why didn't you tell them that nobody (you) wanted to play genesis in the first place? they coulda just ended it 3.5 months ago and had everyone (you) wait for 4 months to play new age.

yes, Nuriho... that's exactly what i'm saying.

they COULD have started a new age 3 months ago, but chose to prolong it to be a lifetime thing... REALLY stupid choice. Absolutely NO ONE would have been complaining then because we would have only been looking at 2 regular ages. instead of the promised 3-4 WEEK age.

no one is going to miss it for 2 weeks.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I get "This account is inactive."

Even though I was logged in earlier the same day it appeared.
    It;s cos u didn't activate your email. You know, yellow thingy on topright corner :)

That's how i lost 2 accs so far
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidangel View Post
    that's how i lost 2 accs so far
    ban the multi!

Forum Addict
    Good to hear the visual issues will be fixed. I created an account but found it so unappealing i cannot bring myself to bother to log in (even if it's working)

I find it unlikely that the code will be ready to go in October if the number of bugs is that great. I don't play Gen so do not care either way tbh.

Veteran
    A side effect of having so many testers is that we’re now receiving more bug reports in each day than we can triage. By triage, I mean the process of categorizing the reported bug, looking for duplicate reports of it, figuring out if there is really a problem, deciding what next actions to take on it, and prioritizing it. At the moment, we’re at capacity just triaging the bug reports, with little time left over for actually fixing them.
    Why not ask someone, or a small team, from the player base to help out with Categorizing the bugs? There are plenty of us that would like to help speed things along.

Quote Originally Posted by denial View Post
    ban the multi!
    you fail :)

one got pwned, i created another that got pwned too...
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Demon
    I don't agree that the attack message should be split into paragraphs. I dunno how the other bots work, but for mine it's a lot easier if all the important stuff is in the same line. You can do what you want with highlighting etc. but splitting up so I have to look for prov name, attack time and gains in different messages just makes it harder to parse

You're all being stupid.
    Adapt your tools to fit the game - don't demand or even consider for a second that the game should be adapted to fit your tools.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ^ that

Post Demon
    Oh yes. They should of course do everything they can not to help people make tools. Why don't we split the attack message up in lots of parts instead? Wouldn't it be much more fun if every word was on it's own line? That way it will also be harder for the tool makers, which makes the game much easier and enjoyable to play. I also think we should ban anyone who uses angel while we're at it, or at least make it so hard for the developer of angel to parse info from the game so that he doesn't want to do it anymore. All for the sake of the game!

Or we could just work together and try to make the game better? Because I really don't see how it hurts anyone to try to make things easier for people both ingame and through supporting the creation of useful tools.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I dunno how the other bots work, but for mine it's a lot easier if all the important stuff is in the same line. You can do what you want with highlighting etc. but splitting up so I have to look for prov name, attack time and gains in different messages just makes it harder to parse
    I agree with Luc.

Thread Information