Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Utopia blog 7th October

Agree strongly Crad. And with this much time to prepare, they have no excuse for not having a proper public feedback session about it.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magmalava View Post
    Does VT2 give you a bone if you sit up straight?

He knows nothing and does nothing.

Hallelujah.
    Well, he does something, he trolls and barks. I've asked Lydias to ban his ass for mass trolling but her extreme liberal views encourage anarchy on these boards, which ain't really good for none of the people that actually matter.

Oh well, I just recommend people ignore him.
    Ignore Who?
    Exactly.

Our KD already has had some say their goodbyes as well, sure some are so-so players that we can replace, but it hurts to lose good people, and if the KD's aren't kept together when it switches to new code, and OMAC doesn't give us enough Moves to gather our people back together, then I hate to say it but I too may just quit.
    As has been said before, I don't play for the game, I play for my KDmates, if they are gone then so am I.

And OMAC may finally be rid of this game they never really seemed to want to begin with......

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie
    Sean and Brian, have you considered

a) getting a solidly trained graphic designer
    b) simply restoring the look and feel of current utopia
    c) if the answer to both the above is 'no', what makes you feel that your user base will in fact like the changes and do you agree that form is function?
    I do somewhat agree with this, however they dont really need a graphic designer. They have the layout and everything already. That the game is already in text format is part of what makes it as appealing as it is. The lack of graphics is one of the things I like about the game.

B&S came in here as noobs, and they feel that THEY know better than US who have been playing for 10+ yrs what we want...

the beta, as it stands now doesn't have the look and feel of the old utopia in any way shape or form, although they have made a few improvements. but it looks "soft" to me.. it looks childish and sloppy. and OUR utopia does not.

So i'd like to see their answer to sweetie's questions
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

if people want the game to look like it used to then they need to stop suggesting interface "improvements" imo

and why would that be bishop? we were "promised" essentially the same game we have now, but they have not given that to us.

they aren't listening to those of us who have played the game for many years... they've made it sloppy and childish, and cumbersome to move throughout the game.

so why should be NOT make suggestions?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    and why would that be bishop? we were "promised" essentially the same game we have now, but they have not given that to us.

they aren't listening to those of us who have played the game for many years... they've made it sloppy and childish, and cumbersome to move throughout the game.

so why should be NOT make suggestions?
    because i can see the suggestions that are being made, as can you - and most of them are not to change it to what it used to be

i disagree with you completely bishop... everyone i talk to using beta atm absolutely HATES the user interface, they just haven't spoken out about it.

so don't tell me people don't want it to be something like the old look and feel, they do...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

heh, the people i talk to like it :p

Veteran
    the people i talk to don't like it *smiley face*

//edit
    i was gonna leave it at that like Bishop's post but it seemed too much like spam.

how about having a poll for it? maybe more people will voice their opinion through it?
    or maybe get the code to how it was originally promised, then try to improve it from there. The misunderstanding might simply be that most people (that i talk to, since they seem to be not the ones Bishop talks to) assume that we'll be given what we're promised, and that improvements are in the best interest of the game, so improvements will be made to what we were promised.

Did that make any sense? .-. i can make it better if it doesn't read well.

>>>2nd>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by lodestone
    4) Couldn't they have given the option for people to use the new or old layout? Considering that the information displayed appears to be the same, they could have done that and see if people prefered the old layout that much more. (note I do prefer the old one)
    http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...=600986&page=2

something like this
    Last edited by Nuriho; 14-10-2009 at 22:01.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but take this into serious consideration. When you create provinces, it's not random. It's in sequence. On beta, my Steel and I each created provinces at the same time and landed in the same kd one after another. To further our research, we had several more Sinners create provinces and they landed in our kingdom as well. Then we took it a step further. MorbidAngel and Bry both defected from their current kingdoms and they also landed in our kingdom.

Make it random seriously. That is VERY bad.
    #sinners <---click to join

Thread Information