Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia blog 7th October

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I can understand the thought process behind the reasoning as to taking the game offline in terms of WoL at least. You need to try and really make the effort of ensuring that you can transfer the kingdoms over that were on WoL. Otherwise you are going to and will run into a very very huge problem. You will kill off a lot of people in terms of them leaving the game if kingdoms were not kept together from within the game.

So many people that have been playing the game for a decade.... lets say that again, playing the game for a decade... are at breaking point. You NEED these people. These are the people that invariably are glue, gathering points, a force behind which keeps people in the game. You lose these people the knock on effect will be a huge line of dominoes falling over.

Keep us in the loop. Keep us informed. Please keep this game going. I love it for all its good and bad. For the people that I love and hate respectively. It is a world that we can all laugh with, cry with, pull our hair with. For a lot of people, especially those on here, we have put in fairly large parts of our lives into the game and to lose it so viciously is cruel. So please endure that doesnt happen.

I can't understand the thought-process, but it's clear that the people who run this game, and this forum, don't know what the 'game' is actually about, or why it's still around after 11 years.

I'm just disappointed, and a bit amused by the constant failure.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Are there going to be race changes?
    Are there going to be attempts to minimize scripted provs/multis?

If OMAC is going to run a half-a$$ed beta age, they should at least give us some interesting races to play with, give us ONE reason to keep playing.

Yes VT2, you've made your point. Go away.

leave VT2 alone... he speaks the truth...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by CGG View Post
    I wanted a quote box and forgot to change the name :-p

Then just hit the quote icon in the message window nublet!
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    Might as well restart age on genesis as you said and then instead of ending WOL and not restarting until new code just move the WoL to new code as others have said and let everyone on it test it out. You then will get the massive amount of players you wanted to test it out.

You will also get to test moving the kingdoms over fully as well. If people dont want to play on test WoL age then allow them to go into vacation mode in their kingdom and be carried over to the next true age.

Everyone would be prewarned that the game might be buggy and that the age could end at anytime if need be.

Post Fiend
    Please stop spamming the forums with your youtube links. I'm trying to look for actual content/someone from Jolt addressing the community's concerns.
    Last edited by Bishop; 08-10-2009 at 10:39.

There is no content to be had here.
    They've basically dealt the game a finishing blow, and even if they manage to magically make the next round function, few will remain.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Post Fiend
    Ehm, OMAC.. please just have a short age on the old code??? new code sucks anyways, and if you take wol down it's bye bye. THINK about what you are doing. If you care about utopia you will not take wol down.

Yes, because more 'short ages,' 'fun changes,' and 'last age on the old code' are good for the game.
    It's dead.

Dead, dead, dead.
    Everyone's leaving. We're not talking about new players, or 'casual' gamers, here - we're talking about people who've been here for at least five years.

I think you should make one serious post in this thread.
    Just one, then go back to your trolling routines.

I'll do the same once you've made one.

I made a serious post when I suggested to give everyone free moves to rebuild the kingdom.

Same should be done for beta so you can atleast play the beta with your current kd

I'm sad.

Sad because OMAC's explored new ground in the field of failure. They've managed to sink an 11 year old game, with no graphics to speak of, and a diehard community.

Even if the new code of theirs is simply awesome, there won't be anyone left here to see it in action, because OMAC cannot, and will not, guarantee that we can keep our kingdoms together once they make the switch.
    If they made a claim to the contrary, no one would believe them.

All this, because they never bothered to ask anyone why they were even playing the game in the first place.

They even bought the brand, so they could release that horrible reskin of Khan wars, which flopped horribly.

We're not here for the math, the tools, or the races. We don't stick around because we get to roleplay undead and elf. We don't care about the lack of graphics.
    We're here because of our fellow players. It's a community - not an actual game.

The 'game' is played over instant-messages, in-game messages, and forums. The math has little to do with the Utopian experience, because that's what it is - an experience.

Now it's been run into the ground, and interest has waned.
    We trudged on with no changes, poor support, no communication, and lots of downtime, because we're hardcore, and those things have very little to do with the actual experience, but we're not going to accept being robbed of our kingdoms, which are the reason we even play in the first place.

I can rant and I can rave, but in the end, it makes no difference.
    It's all been said and done, and only now, when they've got EVERY SINGLE POSTER ON THE BOARDS against them, do OMAC even recognize the need to attempt to talk to us.

Too little, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    I'm sad.

Sad because OMAC's explored new ground in the field of failure. They've managed to sink an 11 year old game, with no graphics to speak of, and a diehard community.

Even if the new code of theirs is simply awesome, there won't be anyone left here to see it in action, because OMAC cannot, and will not, guarantee that we can keep our kingdoms together once they make the switch.
    If they made a claim to the contrary, no one would believe them.

All this, because they never bothered to ask anyone why they were even playing the game in the first place.

They even bought the brand, so they could release that horrible reskin of Khan wars, which flopped horribly.

We're not here for the math, the tools, or the races. We don't stick around because we get to roleplay undead and elf. We don't care about the lack of graphics.
    We're here because of our fellow players. It's a community - not an actual game.

The 'game' is played over instant-messages, in-game messages, and forums. The math has little to do with the Utopian experience, because that's what it is - an experience.

Now it's been run into the ground, and interest has waned.
    We trudged on with no changes, poor support, no communication, and lots of downtime, because we're hardcore, and those things have very little to do with the actual experience, but we're not going to accept being robbed of our kingdoms, which are the reason we even play in the first place.

I can rant and I can rave, but in the end, it makes no difference.
    It's all been said and done, and only now, when they've got EVERY SINGLE POSTER ON THE BOARDS against them, do OMAC even recognize the need to attempt to talk to us.

Too little, too late.
    *applauds at the truth*
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Implement this, and the game is dead.

GG omac/frontsquare, this is the most fail idea i've ever, EVER heard.

EDIT: i didn't think id say this, but I agree 100% with VT2 here.
    Last edited by geln0r; 08-10-2009 at 01:49.

Thread Information