Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Genesis Layout - you lost one more core player

Angry Ugly Genesis Layout - you lost one more core player

I just want to show my disappointment from what OMAC did to this game.

I play Utopia ever since 2000 but since OMAC took it over everything is going down - slow servers, constant errors, many adds.

But when I saw the new code on Genesis... it is terrible.

I am no longer willing to play the crap they made from Utopia. If they plan to implement that code on WoL they will lose not only me but many players who used to play the game for years.

So let me get this straight. You're a "highly dedicated" player, but you'll quit because of an ugly layout?

Makes perfect sense, because utopia was always based on flashy graphics.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pinko View Post
    I just want to show my disappointment from what OMAC did to this game.

I play Utopia ever since 2000 but since OMAC took it over everything is going down - slow servers, constant errors, many adds.

But when I saw the new code on Genesis... it is terrible.

I am no longer willing to play the crap they made from Utopia. If they plan to implement that code on WoL they will lose not only me but many players who used to play the game for years.
    Bye! You are no longer willing to play a free, text based browser game because the layout was changed? Good riddance. Utopia will only die if others are like you, it will keep going if people get past ridiculous complaints like this.
    Last edited by trollgar; 09-10-2009 at 15:41.

Did anyone of you take a look at Genesis!?

And no Utopia was not that bright colorful thing they made now. Everything is scattered so even on my 22'' monitor I have to scroll down to see my throne page.

Utopia was alive because of dedicated players like me and will turn in to crap because of people like the two above - remember my word.

Yes, i have taken a look at it. I played beta since the first day.

Utopia was alive because of dedicated players like me and will turn in to crap because of people like the two above - remember my word.
    I seriously doubt that. Dedicated players don't quit because of layout issues. Have you accomplished ANYTHING in this game except whining? No? I didn't think so.

Regular

And no Utopia was not that bright colorful thing they made now. Everything is scattered so even on my 22'' monitor I have to scroll down to see my throne page.

Incorrect.

Veteran
    STFU pinko, the game was never based on graphics and this is called BETA, so ofc its not the final piece, quit blaming your personal burned ass on OMAC

STFU pinko, the game was never based on graphics and this is called BETA, so ofc its not the final piece, quit blaming your personal burned ass on OMAC
    I bet you did not even check the new Genesis - the one that started today, did you?

NVM once they start the new Age on WoL we shall see who's right. For now most of the players there have no clue what is comming on since most do not bother to check genesis.
    Last edited by pinko; 09-10-2009 at 16:33.

what new genesis?

personally i like a new layout a hell of a lot more than the current one, bar one or two areas.

instead of griping about the layout perhaps try suggesting, in the blog thread, how they can improve it

Regular
    LOL whiner, if you don't like it make suggestions, Sean and Brian have already implemented several suggestion from the community in the beta. And 9 out of 10 was an improvement :)

I bet you did not even check the new Genesis - the one that started today, did you?
    afaik gen didn't start yet.. If it did than dang.. :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

I haven't seen it, I'll say that right up front.

BUT, as long as it's functional Ill get used to it, I didn't like the current layout on WOL when OMAC first changed it either. But I learned to accept, if not like, it.

The Game is the People who play in your KD, not how it looks. Your KDmates are what matter, if you all get along and war well together then the game is a blast no matter how it looks.

I got 2 Rules:

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.

2. It's all small stuff.

Last I checked, the layout was messy and lame, and not at all related to the smooth, bare-bones, and very functional one the game's always had.

To be fair, I didn't really care, since it's just cosmetic, but a whole lot of people did, and I was under the impression that things had been changed for the better in the newest version.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Forum Fanatic
    To me its more about getting used to the lay out and finding everything. It seems to run a hell of alot smoother than the other code so atleast maybe its a first step.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Did they combine all 'diplomacy' into one tab?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information