Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Blog 13th October

Saava

Umm

Ok not sure where to put this.
    I've logged in to the 'new' beta I guess and was wondering (as I ended up in a kingdom with NO ONE in it) how do we get back to the kingdoms that we opted to stay with last age?

I'm Ohhhh so lost here.

i <3 you too free mehul

*muah*
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Saava
    I hope you are not laughing at me ~Luth~ *raises eyebrow* I've been around utopia for a LONG time and for me to be lost is serious! I want my kingdom mates back

Quote Originally Posted by Saava View Post
    I hope you are not laughing at me ~Luth~ *raises eyebrow* I've been around utopia for a LONG time and for me to be lost is serious! I want my kingdom mates back
    you have to wait till next week, WoL is not restarted yet

Quote Originally Posted by Saava View Post
    Ok not sure where to put this.
    I've logged in to the 'new' beta I guess and was wondering (as I ended up in a kingdom with NO ONE in it) how do we get back to the kingdoms that we opted to stay with last age?

I'm Ohhhh so lost here.
    wol does not restart until next week - the beta you logged into is just that - the beta

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    ugh... pay attention.

° beta is still running (i think you can still sign up, but you won't be with your kd from wol)
    ° gen is down indefinitely
    ° wol will restart with freeze time on beta code on wed oct 21 (kd are supposed to be transferred from current wol at that time)
    Put this in on the gameportal page, its very confusing for some :/

Quote Originally Posted by xhansax View Post
    Put this in on the gameportal page, its very confusing for some :/
    there is a direct link to the announcements on the game portal page. there was also a message on your throne room for a week asking you to check the announcements, as that should be where game start/end times etc are posted. the blog (www.blog.swirve.com) also has more in depth info.

Postaholic
    out of interest, is there any plans to develop earth2025 when the major work for utopia is finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Igor444 View Post
    Suggestion:
    -Run WoL and Genesis at the same time (+-a day or 3 days or a week etc. if it will help with server loads)

Quote Originally Posted by Magmalava View Post
    No, there's no time and there are no (human) resources to do both servers. They need to focus on WoL.

Genesis is a test server. It can wait.
    I'll agree with this, so, let me revise.

-Run WoL and Genesis at the same time
    -Have the main focus to be on fixing bugs on WoL

-Let Genesis run rampant, making their bugs low priority, only fixing their bugs (if they are severe AND they can be reproduced in WoL as well) OR (if there are no more bugs to fix in WoL) OR (if regression bugs appear)

-Continue to do lots of small updates to Genesis so that they have a small player base to work with (2-3k players play Genesis?) Then as bugs are successfully regressed send WoL a bigger package of these fixes.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Safri View Post
    out of interest, is there any plans to develop earth2025 when the major work for utopia is finished?
    They said they were going to work on Earth after they were done overhauling Utopia. Idk if they are actually going to but that's what they said.

Exclamation Agreed

I know it is popular to refer to Gen diminutively as a "Test Server" but ppl who actually play Gen don't think of it that way. In general, you get a far superior class of player on Gen per capita with most ppl who take Utopia seriously playing both.

Personally, I prefer Gen. It's wide open. It's a lot more fun.

Many people play Gen exclusively.

Since the coding will be the same, totally agree that to run both games simultaneously will cut the debugging time in half & keep our Gen core intact as well.

For ppl that play both servers, there is still a gap. Some other game to fill that void must be found as well if Gen is gone.
    Shaken not stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    there is a direct link to the announcements on the game portal page. there was also a message on your throne room for a week asking you to check the announcements, as that should be where game start/end times etc are posted. the blog (www.blog.swirve.com) also has more in depth info.
    I never had a problem with this, but most ppl in my kd never check other forums than the one in our kd. They will most likely be gone next age..

Quote Originally Posted by xhansax View Post
    I never had a problem with this, but most ppl in my kd never check other forums than the one in our kd. They will most likely be gone next age..
    the message was on the throne room too though - if people refuse to read the info provided there isn't much that can be done for them.

he ment - that there was no easy info to players - what noticed - WHEN aprx game is up again

why bother with gen atm? let them get wol up already, geez...

and saava, what reason would i have for laughing at you?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information