Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Feature Suggestion: Warfinder

New Feature Suggestion: Warfinder

An issue of a KD I was in last age was that we kept trying to find a war for 3-4 weeks and nobody would bite. This lead to inactivity as people got bored pumping between trying to (unsuccessfully) goad other KDs into war.

I think it would be a nice feature for monarchs to have an option to opt the KD onto a "looking for war" matchup system based off of networth and KD size. It might make for some rather interesting random matchup (and occasional slaughterfest), but it would be KDs warring who want to war rather quickly.

Post Fiend
    I like the idea

I would like to see something in the forums like the recruitment thread for finding wars.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Free acres = good

Well, there doesn't seem to anyone who wants to post that they are against this. My thoughts is that it would work much like PVP random matchups in MMOs or online FPSes, and make it easier for people to find other people who are into a good fight.

utopiagod
    Yes, I like this idea, also. Too many KD's just don't want to war any more.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I would prefer a built-in 'kd search' feature where you can search by either name, kd nw, kd land, or kd honor and give a range.

I think there's room for both Transbot9 and Palem's suggestion (both are good).

Post Fiend
    This idea has some merit. But I can see where it could possibly be abused. But if there was an option for a monarch to "War Ready" it could trigger a button to randomly match it with another kingdom which has also indicated it is war ready and a predetermined war commencement starts. Similar to how the tourny worked.

If there was some sort of search function available then i think the details below would be of use:

A. Number of provinces in the kingdom
    B. Previous warring history (locs)
    C. WW # (which could easily be incorporated into B.
    (ontop of the info above NW, land, honor)

The only downside to this is nothing beats activity and you cant gauge that until in war:P

I think this idea is too automated. I like hunting for wars, finding the perfect match, one that will hit back. figuring out how to convince them to bite based on what I can see of the KD. Its part of the fun. First couple ages with this war system I hated it cause war was hard to find. but once you figure out how to get people to war you its no big deal.

What if it randomly picked a kingdom close to your networth and size? That would actually be pretty cool, but then it gets rid of a lot of strategy in the game also =P

Postaholic
    i would also prefer a search feature like what palem said

dont really like transbots initial suggestion, although i know it can be hard to find war, even hitting agressive kds doesnt always work, not sure how to fix it but a random matchup doesnt sound too appealing to me

Regular
    I'm sure anyone would use an automated war finder feature. Would any top kingdoms? The ghettos would be too scared of matching up against a well organised kingdom, and would those looking for an honest war suffer the prospect of facing 25 Gnome mystics? Sounds like a use once and discard tool.

Changing the 'Random Kingdom' button. To a 'Random Kingdom within 20%' of your kd's networth. That's a much more handy tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post

Changing the 'Random Kingdom' button. To a 'Random Kingdom within 20%' of your kd's networth. That's a much more handy tool.
    Best idea in the thread. Or just add the 20% button as a new one.

I really don't see any reason for anyone to be opposed to this, as long as it's an added feature and not something a kingdom is forced to do. Once you declare that your kingdom is ready for war (or 'enter the battlefields', or whatever cheesy name OMAC wants to assign to it), you're randomly paired up with the next available KD that is similarly matched in net worth, #of provinces, war wins, etc. But if you like looking for wars, you can still do that too. And the suggestions to add search engines aren't bad either, but seeing how those are already available on another site, I don't see how that would increase the frequency of wars.

Thread Information