Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is illegal trading a "real" offense?

Is illegal trading a "real" offense?

This was brought up when trading was legalized, subject to certain restrictions. Opponents of legal trading would argue that it'd be difficult to make kingdoms respect the legal rules.

Let's say a kingdom is formed in a single round through illegal trading, on basis of a shell. 25 players join the kingdom and set about playing. Let's further say they go and win the land crown or something. Do you consider this foul play, and do you consider them unworthy of the crown?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Regular
    yes

Obviously yes.

Hell for a second I thought you was talking about Sonata ;)
    "Mike Hawk Owns U"

u break the rules u cheat. whats so hard to understand there?

Post Fiend
    Catwalk i dont thinks its foul play if your going to allow tradeing you should allow it as a whole makeing restrictions only herts the weaker players

what i mean is "eather everyone can trade into any kd they want or no one should beable to trade into any kd"

Multi on the otherhand extream foulplay

and if you would have asked this before tradeing was legalised i woulda agreed with everyone else and said yes its foul play but the way its setup now it benifits the stronger kds alot more then it benifits others for
    #1 who wants to trade into a ghetto LOL
    #2 full kds dont have to use trade codes since there full jest an acaision replacement
    #3 moderate kd's cant get "good" recruites normally recruites unless they played with them in the past meaning its not a getto or moderate kd its a "copycat SK' jest remade again

Post Fiend
    first round back since tradeing was legalised so i dont know the exact rules on it eather

Enthusiast
    No. I can imagine omac might have a problem with the lost revenue but I don't see why anyone else would care about that

mero mero, I agree completely that it's cheating. Cheating is clearly defined by the rules. Would you consider any accomplishments made by employing illegal trading unmerited?

Bonesplitter, the restrictions generally don't apply to weaker players. For the most part, they have plenty codes to handle any recruiting they're capable of doing. The restrictions are mainly intended for a scenario such as the one above, forming a new top kingdom overnight. Is it fair to have restrictions for that kind of scenario, or should people be allowed to do so freely?

Post Fiend
    i dont see 5 codes a round being plenty expesially when your a ghetto so 3 of the codes used to trade in would probubly end up defecting back out or useing another kds code to move up the latter

and yes i think a SK should beable to spring up overnight it jest makes for more compitition for the rest of the SK This game has way to manny situations witch benifit the stronger players more then the Inexperienced "none of witch make the game unplayable or harder for the inexperienced" jest more benifits for the others keeping the inexperienced in the stone age for twice aslong before finding there own SK

how is the trading done to create this kingdom any different than how previous crown winners won it?
    The End of an Era

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan TA View Post
    Hell for a second I thought you was talking about Sonata ;)
    im pretty sure thats what the reference is. lol

interesting to bring up catwalk :)

Crimson, I'd never dare accuse the mighty and honourable Realest of any such thing. And I was actually mainly interested in the general topic. Do people feel that the achievements of a kingdom that pops up overnight are worthy?

But since he's here, was Sonata formed via illegal trading Realest?

did we get deleted?
    The End of an Era

Thread Information