Thread: What the hell is taking so long?

What the hell is taking so long?

Has there even been 1 single bug fix in the last couple of days?

It's not that ****ing hard to fix these simple problems, omfg. It's like they fix one problem and then take a week off.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

When you've sold a completely unknown company to Activision, for what's essentially pocket change in the real world of business, you have the god-given right to take the week off, and not talk to your clients, while letting serious bugs go unfixed.

It's all in the bible, OMAC edition.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

It's not that ****ing hard to fix these simple problems, omfg. It's like they fix one problem and then take a week off.
    Great, consider yourself hired... when can you start?

Stfu hallo, you have no idea what the **** I am talking about fgt.

Things like showing us how many invites we have left, and allowing us to fund dragons while we have one on us are all really easy bugs to fix. In fact, half the bugs on this page: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=603505 are easy to fix.

Working 8 hours a day and not being able to fix anyone of these problems, give me a ****ing break. Next time do some research before you open your mouth asshole, please do me a favor and get the **** outta these forums u idiot.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 21-11-2009 at 03:09.

* Game date is incorrect, it's 4 hours off due to the starting of the tick 3 hours too early and DST
    * Ability to CANCEL dragons is missing
    * Provs in protection can fund dragons
    * Inactive notifier (+) not working
    * Invites broken
    * Plague broken
    * Some kd have 26 provinces (see island eight)
    * Ops only take 2% stealth with no relations (bug or feature? lol)
    * Province news no longer shows on throne, you have to go to the news link to find it
    * Kingdom page doesn't update real time. If a prov is attacked, the kd page used to update immediately with new information. now it does not. It's happening at random times.
    * GP not working - not giving the additional +5% to ME
    * Can't remove banner? Can someone update me on this please?
    * Rankings randomly breaking still
    * Provs in protection are able to be spelled, even though screen says they can't
    * Display bug - Affairs of State still shows draft costs from previous day, even when draft is set to None. It does not deduct the amount though.
    * Display bug - Affairs of State still shows science costs from previous day even if threshold is set
    * Display bug seems to have returned showing an op or attack that is not what you did (someone else's return message) (still caused by lag?)
    * Clearsight (CS) not working as intended. it's acting like Shadowlight and disappearing after 1 op against you
    * MS is available to non-mystics
    * in CF screen, kingdom and island are reversed (showing island/kingdom instead of kingdom/island)
    * Non-Ruby dragon dropping ME -8% and should not
    * EOW bug - you can come out of eow before 24 hours
    * t/m ops - unreasonable failure rates, especially against orcs
    * Ambush - you can ambush plunders and razes and anon attacks
    * Ambush - Ambushing 1st hit instead of last
    * Town Watch (TW) is buggy. it's killing military units instead of peasants.
    * Guardstations (GS) not functioning properly?
    * Provs in Vacation Mode can be opped/attacked
    * Building Credits - you can gain more credits than land even as non WH
    * Province Sitting - when in the province you are sitting, it sometimes reverts back to your own prov. Ref this thread: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=603975
    * Prisoners - return at double what you send, but then disappear.
    * Professors/instructors disappear if you try to invest/train and have nothing to invest/train
    * SOM reflecting negative return times when troops are home already.

Of all these, it looks like
    * Ability to FUND dragons is lost when you receive one
    * Paper dates are incorrect, current date is not reflected (It's June, YR0, paper is showing as May, YR0, but has June news in it)

Are the only real "easy" fixes, everything else is very debatable.

For instance
    * MS is available to non-mystics

If they used OOP it's a simple fix, given they have spell objects and the spell objects handle restrictions. But this could be an incident bug, where another part of the code, independent of the spell restrictions, allow other people access to said spell.

This could be caused by the spell access menu, if they don't have a check after a player tries to cast a spell. Hell, it could be a problem such as a unintentionally shared variable thus changing the value that causes the restriction to something that is meaningless to the program.

I mean, you're acting like every bug on this list is as simple as saying
    bool bugs(false);

Alot of these look like they need added functionality (such as preventing protected provinces from financing / attacking the dragon) you'd have to add code restricting that

You don't know ANYTHING about the code. The functions that are called for "fund / attack dragon" may or may not have a parameter (argument) that stores the value of protection status. If that is the case, they'll have to either modify one of the parameter's objects or add a new parameter (and updating the function calls is FUN).

And SURE, you can be a noob and overload the function allowing one that has protection status and another that does not, but that, of course, can create greater problems (such as using the code without the protection tag for a value that should have it) and AGAIN, you can not be certain that all the subsequent functions that CALL the damn fund / aid dragon function have access to the protection flag info so THEY would have to be updated.

And AGAIN, you don't know ANYTHING about the code. It's not like it's publicly available. AND, if you come up with it then YOU can prove your awesomeness and fix all the damn bugs for us.

AND, ANYTHING, YOU, AGAIN...

How about...

STFU.

Tell your heroes to atleast give us some feedback at the end of the day then if it's so ****ing hard, a lot of players have been ****ed over by their invitations system, and that's fixable simply by telling the monarchs how many invites we have left over. Go to the Bug Report forums, the thread that's at the very top is the issue with the invites, and yet, a simple ****ing problem, no word at all.

I'll say this again, gtfo you clueless retard, stop acting like you know how hard everything is, it's not, it's a very easy situation, and S&B are handling it very, very poorly. I can't believe people are still backing them up, this is just beyond funny.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 21-11-2009 at 05:42.

Post Fiend
    jeez, Dude. Take a pill. All this aint worth all the extra high blood pressure, y'know.
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

Post Demon
    the war ops bug is absolute murder. :( and i'm not even a hybrid this age! just getting intel is hard.

Thread Information