Thread: Discrepancy for in-game forum posting depending on browser

Post Demon

Discrepancy for in-game forum posting depending on browser

Whenever I post in the new in-game forums using IE, it considers my input to be html formatting logic (a resulting behavior being that very little implicit formatting is done on my input) and thus allows me to plug html formatting directly (with tables, columns, rows, styles, etc) into the game (no JavaScript though, good catch :P).

Whenever I post using Firefox, it considers my input to be text and formats it properly (and of course displays any html formatting I put verbatim without doing the actual formatting).

I would venture to guess that the Firefox behavior is definitely the desirable behavior here (besides I can't make in-game javascript forum tools with IE anyhow and even if I could, allowing users to insert javascript into the forums would be a security hazard) so perhaps it should be made to be the IE behavior also.

Post Fiend
    Yep, not working with IE. And that's what we have here at work :S
    This is a game, not a job...

Post Fiend
    The strange thing is that with IE, I have that drop down menu here in this forum, but not in the ingame forum or mails.

I don't mind about the colours, but for the Monarch I am it is very annoying I type plain text, without paragraphs.

I hope B&S fix it soon.

Post Fiend
    The bug is not browser linked. I tried FireFox now. Same prob. Nothing else but plain text and no menu.

I've no problem with it running IE8 - although there are times when it seems to load up text/code at first before changing really quickly to what it is suppose to be (a second at most).

Regular
    Eh I can see why...

In editor.js there there is an extra comma at the end of TinyMCE's config parameters. FF ignores that but IE doesn't...

change

content_css : "/media/game/css/tiny_mce.css",

to

content_css : "/media/game/css/tiny_mce.css"

Thread Information