View Poll Results: Which one makes the most impact in winning a War?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dark Elf/Mystic

5 8.06%
  • Elf/Mystic

21 33.87%
  • Orc/War Hero

10 16.13%
  • Gnome/Rogue

4 6.45%
  • Orc/Warrior

15 24.19%
  • Human/Mystic

3 4.84%
  • Dwarf/Rogue

4 6.45%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Combos For Age 45

orc war hero rocks. not everyone wars in fact its generally done 1-3x an age in most kds. and most kds who do war more then that are warring ghettos so who cares they wont get ambushed much anyway
    My life is better then yours.

We went for more than 3 wars last age and we were not fighting ghettos... but heeeey, we were not orcs :P
    Go, Star Adder;
    You are the stalker, the hunter, the killer.
    Your prey stands before you;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior
    --The Rememberence Star Adder,
    Passage 5, Verse 17, Lines 20 - 24

Regular
    Doesnt seem presumptuous to assume that any attacker who doesnt play the Warrior will be ambushed? Think about it the returns for ambush are half that of a TD, so using one in place of a TD is a huge waste. So there are a small number of occasions for using ambush. One, you have addition off after attacking that cant be used for anything else. Two, your personal schedule is so that you can get an extra attack off before work or whatever by using an ambush then TD, Cq or raze.

Most importantly, Any half-decent KD is going to be using chains or targeting of some sort. So how are you going to ambush the 20 Orcs that just hit you for 130% the standard gain and +20% casualties? Oh your not. Well then assuming you (the target) finds himself in one of the situations describe, and is not overpopulate, you can then get off one, maybe two free ambushes to make up for the +30% you just lost on that rnd of attacks.

Situational factors like these, which are so prominent in every day play make static statistic comparisons useless and misleading.

srry if any of this repeat. I missed the 2nd page
    Last edited by SomethingClever; 28-10-2009 at 18:59. Reason: adds comas

Forum Addict
    Ok, coming back to the elf vs. de topic.

What is it that makes elf the superior A/M ?

Let's talk about elf/mystic vs. dark elf mystic first,
    like someone said elf needs huge amounts of towers
    especially for meteors. So, what the secret weapon
    to make up for that ?

Post Fiend
    cba to even talk about it... de will take the lead, but as the age follows elf will catch up and eventually bypass the de, like someone else said, its all situational..

like I try to put it: The best race ingame is de, as long as the province doesnt get hit.

imo overall: elf>de, and once you hit 2-3k acres you couldnt care less about the rune costs of the spells, since the cost/spell downgrades as your size increase + the fact that unless you get the head-start and manages to outgrow 95% of the server, the DE will quickly get beaten down due to static defense, unless your kd-strategy is "all de" if thats the case, hf vs certain setups in war *hint (troll defspec) hint*

Forum Addict
    lol.. no my kd is not all de and i am not really scared of trolls. :p

so you're saying the elf elite (6/4) is better then (5/6) of dark elves
    bc they can attack better ?

i guess the +1 mana is also a good point.

btw,

what a cba ?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    lol.. no my kd is not all de and i am not really scared of trolls. :p

so you're saying the elf elite (6/4) is better then (5/6) of dark elves
    bc they can attack better ?
    Yes, Dynamic defense (the ability for you to have defense that is based upon the offense you send) is a huge huge advantage; or you can say it is a huge disadvantage for DE that basically nullifies almost any other advantage you can give it. This only applies, however, if you're planning to get big and your strategy isn't to run full elite defense and just dice at the top OR if you plan on staying at 1k. If you're anywhere in between the biggest and 1k acres, prepared to be adequately randomed multiple times on a daily basis.

Elf A/M will outlast DE A/M in war. Elf have pitfalls, -50% losses and -50% wages, DE have additional wages and cannot ToG since mana is needed for offensive spells. If the other KD has thieves, D/E will need a hell lot of WTs to make up for CS. DEs need at least 7% more land to cover for Elf QF. Specs die faster than leets in combat so DE loses offense even faster. +30% magic eff means Elves have a higher chance for spells to succeed if at the same wpa/sci as DE. +1 mana more than covers for +30% spell strength.

What else do you want to know?
    Last edited by Asakura; 28-10-2009 at 20:33.
    Go, Star Adder;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior

DE Sage ftw.

DE/Mystic can be the superior T/M, though.

Of course.

I would like to remind everyone DE is the bastard child of faery, which was a great T/M race. It just so happened that someone decided it would be funny to slap +1 off specs onto them, making DE into some sort of abomination which seems remotely possible to hybrid.
    Go, Star Adder;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior

Yeah, I know that DE is Fairy. In fact one of the earlier DEs WAS Fairy with a differently priced elite (I think). IMO, DE should lose the +1 Off Spec and get either +100% honor bonus or +1 Stealth/Hr. We have attacker races, why not a T/M one?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
    Elf A/M will outlast DE A/M in war. Elf have pitfalls, -50% losses and -50% wages, DE have additional wages and cannot ToG since mana is needed for offensive spells. If the other KD has thieves, D/E will need a hell lot of WTs to make up for CS. DEs need at least 7% more land to cover for Elf QF. Specs die faster than leets in combat so DE loses offense even faster. +30% magic eff means Elves have a higher chance for spells to succeed if at the same wpa/sci as DE. +1 mana more than covers for +30% spell strength.

What else do you want to know?
    hmm.. maybe i should vote for a restart then ? ;)

you are definitely making good points, will try to make my de look at little bit better by trying to negate some anyway.

- pitfalls: not sure if this beats nightmares.. we have elves in the kd anyway so they can cast those on the targets that need em.

- dark elves have the cheapest offense, 6 points for 300 gold and a soldier.. so at least they can rebuild it faster.

- against "weak" targets, like attackers, a/t, +spell strength should be MUCH better than +spell efficiency since most spells go through anyway. (?) +1 mana makes up for that over time but still.. superior short time damage.

so yeah, -losses and -wages probably makes elves tougher in long wars. quick feet is also a pretty nice bonus.

thanks for all replies.

- pitfalls: not sure if this beats nightmares.. we have elves in the kd anyway so they can cast those on the targets that need em.
    Nightmared troops do not die. The trained ones at least. Unless you chain your target immediately he is all good again in a few hours.

- dark elves have the cheapest offense, 6 points for 300 gold and a soldier.. so at least they can rebuild it faster.
    Leets die slower than specs. Elf leets die even slower. When you get creds for an Elf, you train defense. When you get creds for a DE you have to split because leets are retardedly expensive.

- against "weak" targets, like attackers, a/t, +spell strength should be MUCH better than +spell efficiency since most spells go through anyway. (?) +1 mana makes up for that over time but still.. superior short time damage.
    Spells largely cost 2% mana on the low end in war. +1 mana will always be more damage.
    Go, Star Adder;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior

Sir Postalot
    Go dspecs with DE and attack with elites and dice with 130 mod dpa FTW.

Thread Information