Thread: Building diminishing returns formula

Thumbs down Building diminishing returns formula

I'm working on an excel simulator, and I'm a little confused by the Guide's explanation of the "diminishing returns" of percentage based buildings. Does anyone know what formula the game uses to calculate this?

The maximum effect description makes little sense too.
    "Unless otherwise specified, these buildings have a maximum effect of 25 times the number listed below. With normal building efficiency, this maximum is reached by dedicating 50% of your land to that building."

Right now, I'm running the simulation with the buildings having a maximum effect, regardless of BE, of 25*(base value) For instance, maximum effect of Armories being -50% wages. So with 125% BE, the maximum effect would be reached by 20% armories (1.25*2*0.20 = 50%)

I suppose I could slap together an equation which would have that effect, but I was just hoping someone may already know the answer to this.

Percentage Based Buildings = Base Effect * BE * % of building * (1 - % of building)

Thanks.

Looks like I'll be using the ol' quadratic formula.

Post Fiend
    They cap the proportion of total buildings that can be designated to that particular building at 50% because if you notice, the formula actually reduces the effect after 50% due to the maximum of the parabola =D.

If it weren't for the diminishing returns effects, power builds can go almost all out TGs and forts.

Thread Information