Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why dont you make an instant in-game chat

Regular

Why dont you make an instant in-game chat

Im no nerd, and really dont know if its hard to implent, NOR do I know if this has been discussed (im rarely on these boards) but...

If you did this ppl dident have to use MSN or IRC, and in no time this game would have 5 K ppl more playing, ONLY cuz it would be easier to make friends/easier to coordinate...

Just my 2 cents...

Enthusiast
    How hard is it to post contact information in the forums?

Using 3rd party tools for communication actually brings in some privacy.

And what fundamental difference would in-game chat make, compared to the forum?

Regular
    Would make it so that ppl that DONT use either MSN or IRC also would have a chance to communicate, other than posting a message in the forum, or writing an in-game message and then MAYBE get a reply (if someone sees it before u log out) if you are lucky...

As is written somewhere, you cant "force" ppl to use any 3rd party tools, so...

And if people dont want to use 3rd party, I wouldent DREAM of forcing them to, but still I would LOVE to be able to communicate with them none the less...

Post Fiend
    lol they cant keep the game running for 2 freakin day and you suggest this wahehehe the game will run for 5 mins and be down the next 24 hours hehe

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by desert_foxams View Post
    lol they cant keep the game running for 2 freakin day and you suggest this wahehehe the game will run for 5 mins and be down the next 24 hours hehe
    No comment!

Enthusiast
    Well, Chrizz, you can use a web IRC in your web browser while you play Utopia.

If reason for that is "I dunno how" or "I don't wanna" or "that sounds complicated, I'm too lazy to do that", you can spank them a bit. Sounds to me they don't care, it's not that hard.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizz View Post
    No comment!

but in all honesty, i like the idea of ingame chat. makes communication much faster. also in countries with very slow internet (ie Philippines) having a third party software slows down na computer even more

They need to make game actually work first!
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Enthusiast
    Well, yeah, it could be implemented, but I don't think it's important as there are very good and viable alternatives, which have been used for years without real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by desert_foxams View Post
    but in all honesty, i like the idea of ingame chat. makes communication much faster. also in countries with very slow internet (ie Philippines) having a third party software slows down na computer even more
    An in-game chat client does not make it any faster.
    Go, Star Adder;
    You are the stalker, the hunter, the killer.
    Your prey stands before you;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior
    --The Rememberence Star Adder,
    Passage 5, Verse 17, Lines 20 - 24

Regular
    Well, even though its not that hard, some ppl STILL wont use it... Dont ask me why, but for ALL those ppl, AND for ALL the (hopefully) new players, an in-game chat could be just what would make this more fun for them, and make them keep playing (not deleting their accounts after they realize that not only is there no gameplay, but also that the way to communicate simply blows, and is from the stone age)

If I was the owner of JOLT, there is NO doubt I would make this happend asap!

Enthusiast
    ^ Rather get the game running again.

I actually doubt an ingame chat would be used by everyone. I've seen it in some games... In this example game they didn't reset it between age changes so it mainly was used for "Hello, this is age XX and we rock" kind of messages.

Regular
    Well ofc priority 1 atm is getting the game fixed for bugs aso...

Just suggesting that they consider it (if they want more ppl playing) personally I dont have problems rounding up my team for a wave, but some DO, and I keep seeing the number of players drop, so thought I´d make a suggestion as to what could be done to get NEW ppl here, and KEEP the ones that are on the verge of deleting...

Regular
    The strength of uotpia is not the amazing gameplay as fx. WoW has... What keeps (most) players here is the friends you make while playing, and there can be NO doubt that the way to make friends is through communication... Wich would be ALOT easier if there was an in-game chat... This game is confusing enough for new ppl that when they see they will need 3rd party tools to really be a part of a team, well, then ALL the little things that wouldent make you quit on its own, well they become little drops, and IF the drop that fills the cup is no in-game way of instant communication, then I say why NOT implent it?? As I said initially, Im no nerd so dont know if this is hard to do or what, and IF its too complicated then I´ll let it go, but if this could be done fairly easy, then why not???

Drop the idea pls. This is not feasible at all. Theres development cost, third party software licensing.. all is talking about $$$. And dont forget, this is a web browser game, it should stay light and progress as time goes.

Some more, there is so much tool out there for use.. skype..msn.. Why should they be bother to add and risk their server network to have overload issues.. And in the end, upgrade server? ($$$)

Are you paying for all this.. no..

Thread Information