Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guide

Post Fiend

New Guide

Um i been looking at it and cant find any of the numbers like the old guide shows and it seems like there going to remove the old guide all together what do you guys think i think they should keep the old one around its more userfriendly

Since Ezzerland and Toadi both got massively turned off by OMAC, the guide hasn't seen any actual updates.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

go coss!

check wiki bone
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

The wiki is dominated by Bijo, and other n00bs who don't understand the game.
    It's not to be trusted.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

no way the wiki is reliable, not to mention the navigation of it is quite cumbersome, and difficult to find even the simplest of information that in the old guides could be found with the click of a button or two.

Ezz is no doubt sitting back laughing at the whole thing
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Post Fiend
    the old guide was good. why need to make wiki in the first place?

Post Demon
    If you think the wiki is so much worse, why don't you go help with it? Or is that too much to ask? Maybe you just prefer whining

Ezzer isn't actually lauging at all, and probably still feels very, very sour about the whole thing - same with Toadi.

The old guide wasn't modern or hip enough for the kids, so it had to be replaced by something that was very hard to navigate, and didn't have many answers.

"If you think the wiki is so much worse, why don't you go help with it? Or is that too much to ask? Maybe you just prefer whining" If I change something faulty to be correct, Bijo and the other n00bs will change it back to being faulty again.

That's the problem with small wikis.

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    no way the wiki is reliable, not to mention the navigation of it is quite cumbersome, and difficult to find even the simplest of information that in the old guides could be found with the click of a button or two.
    why?
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Demon
    VT2: Why would they change something that's correct? You're just assuming things because you won't admit how fail you are and how little you have to contribute

FYI, this wiki is not the same as the one Bijo had earlier. And a lot of the information from Ezzerland's and Toadi's guide can (and has) been moved to the wiki. Mehul's guide was a joke. Extremely incomplete and with little useful information
    Last edited by Luc; 31-10-2009 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post

Ezz is no doubt sitting back laughing at the whole thing
    instead of whining at every turn why don't you actually do something about it. People actually spent time doing their research and helping the guide on their own time. maybe you should actually thank them for their effort instead of typing and you think you know it all
    Last edited by Bishop; 31-10-2009 at 17:55.

They'd change what's correct because they don't know it's correct.
    Case in point, the way the wiki pretended that dragons worked, which was inaccurate. That was changed to be accurate, then it was restored to being inacurrate.

After that, no one I know of felt like contributing.
    Another problem is this: the vocal veterans, such as Ezzerland, Toadi, Realest, Dharan, Catwalk, and myself, all have either been completely turned off cooperating with OMAC, for one reason or another, or they have all quit, taking their knowledge with them in the process.

There are very few people who combine knowledge, the will to share it with others, and the desire to work with OMAC left.

Post Demon
    OMAC has nothing to do with it. You'd be doing it for the good of the game. To help new players.

People changing back to things that are wrong is just a matter of communication and wiki management. That it went wrong before with a privately owned wiki is no reason to give up completely.

That you consider yourself a veteran in anything but years is laughable. I've never seen you present any formulas or things that were the result of your own research.

Make a choice. You can keep whining at OMAC and watch the game die, or you can suck it up, help with the Wiki and try to improve the game with something that OMAC are not involved in

OMAC has a lot to do with it, and at this point, I don't want to help them 'for the betterment of the game.'
    If they give me a large sum of money, I'll write them a guide. If they pay me a chunk of that money as upkeep, I'll update the guide for them on time.

you ppl realise the wiki and the "new" guide both came from the same source right?

Thread Information