Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guide

Regardig the wiki, it does atm miss updates but thats well not impossible to get.

I belive the wiki needs a few things to become usefull

1. the wiki is imo missing a proper menu system, custumized for utopia to make the navition easy-

2. it needs tags, for those that are not familuar with wiki system, i mean that each page need to get tagged from for example 3 pre defined tags
    for example
    a. official supperted by game developer
    b. User added and concidered correct
    c. guesses and diffrent strategys ( not the only correct way but one way)
    (this is only about right not the exact tag names :) i dont care to do indeep atm)

3. each topic also need to get an a footer that tells who updated it and for what age its updated.

If these things was in it, me and many others might take time to help keep it updated. but atm i feel it is not usefull at all.

One would also concider to look at the old utopia wiki and see whats in there and how its built.
    #officialjerks a kingdom full of the players we all love to hate.

The Dragon Portal a community site giving online tools and formaters, IRC War bot, IRC poster script, Firefox extension for Utopia.

They only made the wiki because:
    1. It seemed cool to have a wiki just like everybody else;
    2. They cannot ever get the guide updated properly;
    3. If it works someone will do the dirty work for free.

And it obviously is not working.
    Go, Star Adder;
    You are the stalker, the hunter, the killer.
    Your prey stands before you;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior
    --The Rememberence Star Adder,
    Passage 5, Verse 17, Lines 20 - 24

We need an official guide, that has actual answers, not a wiki that anyone can edit.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

4000 pounds, and I'll get some actual quality art added to the guide, too.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Post Demon
    Why would they pay 4000 pounds for a guide full of "do this, because I say so, and I know best. I can't motivate why, and I don't know the details, you just have to listen to me because I myself think I know everything"?

And again, what you think OMAC should and shouldn't be doing has nothing to do with anything. You have an opportunity to help the game. Take it or leave it. Most of you will show your true colors in making it clear that the only thing you know how to do is whine, not produce anything worthwhile.

Celien, if you know how to do that, go help!

As much as I love the game I feel no obligation to help a company that fails to attend to it properly.
    Go, Star Adder;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior

Post Demon
    Who cares if you feel obligation to help OMAC. It's about the players, not the company running the game. If you truly care about keeping the game alive, you will put your hatred toward OMAC aside and help save the game.

They'd pay me, because I'm the only veteran remaining who's willing to help them, only I'm not going to do it for free.
    See the lovely position they've put themselves into yet?

Post Demon
    You're a veteran in years, but you'd fail utterly at creating a useful guide.

Oh, yeah?
    Why don't you pay me 3000 pounds, and see for yourself? If I produce something below-par, you're legally entitled to not pay me, because then I'll not have provided you with the service you paid for.

Post Demon
    Why would I? I already know you'd give me cow ****.

You're narrow minded. You can't be objective. You have a very limited perspective of the game. When there's something you don't know, you just make something up and call it the truth. You don't have detailed knowledge about game mechanics. The list goes on and on...

Conclusion: a guide written by you wouldn't be worth spending money on. You talk a lot, but you can't back it up

If that was the case why do you not write the guide yourself then. Or ask someone who you think is up for the job. Makes more sense than arguing here.
    Go, Star Adder;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior

He's arguing because he's angry that he didn't think of it first.
    I'm dead serious, by the way.

3000 pounds for a guide.

Veteran
    the guide needs someone who can simplify numbers and create easy to understand stuff for the basic users. Remember the basic users, consider us the weakest link in your hierarchy of 'superior mathematicians,' so your goal should be to simplify things for us so that ultimately if we understand what the guide means, it is successful!

on the subject of VT2 giving advice, tbh the reason people dont like u or ur advice is because u leave space in the middle where we have to use our own brains. You dont give us an actual number we have to work with, and i appreciate that. Utopia can be played in a simple manner or a really complicated way, that is personal choice. I like ur advice because u put things into perspective and really just point into a direction where we can go and find out things on our own.

A guide made by VT2? hmmm, i would take my time to read it that is for sure, and with the help of useful guys like Toadi and Ezzerland, i think it can be made a LOT better than what we have now.

Post Demon
    I edited the wiki yesterday. I never said anyone should write the guide alone. I just think it's pathetic for people to whine about OMAC's mismanagement of the game when they've contributed **** themselves.

Thread Information