Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: America Sucks

I already did, you're just too slow to pick it up apparently
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    I already did, you're just too slow to pick it up apparently
    apparently your talking out your ass, yes the euro is worth more then the dollar good job, now look up whats held more as a reserve currency.

Currently its the dollar, but that has steadily been losing ground to the euro. About 1/4 of funds are now held in euros, opposed to 2/3rds in dollars. If the dollar continues to suck in about 10 years the euro will be dominant. If the UK joined the yoyo then it would be even faster.

Don't forget though that about a 3rd of all this is owned by china, a country who had less than 10% 10 years ago.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Currently its the dollar, but that has steadily been losing ground to the euro. About 1/4 of funds are now held in euros, opposed to 2/3rds in dollars. If the dollar continues to suck in about 10 years the euro will be dominant. If the UK joined the yoyo then it would be even faster.

Don't forget though that about a 3rd of all this is owned by china, a country who had less than 10% 10 years ago.
    that's true, currency wise concerned China made a spectacular growth

Post Fiend
    So now your agreeing

Actually my point backed up what freemehul said.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    Im pretty sure it backs up what i said
    Seeings i said the same thing a few posts back
    60% are dollars and 25% are euros.
    the reason i brought it up was cause the majority of the debt which is to the fed
    is causing the demise of the dollar (which was the original debate, trillions owed to the fed or to other countries and which is worse)
    which is why the dollar is falling as a reserve currency

Also in 10 years or so you'll not only see the euro equal or surpass the dollar but the yuan will be more dominant on the foriegn market.
    As china makes moves now to internationalize it.
    Last edited by Jo3MoMMa; 01-09-2011 at 13:26.

Um, no - you said pretty much the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3MoMMa View Post
    Please at least check yourself before you say something is false, from 99-03 the euro balloned as a world reserve currency, but it hasnt seen the huge gains since then. As of now the euro is around 25% wheres as the dollar holds strong at 60%. This is due to the GDP of the united states being the largest in the world. yes the combined efforts of all of europe does give it the slight edge, but the fact remains that they are a combined effort.
    Euro wasnt around really in 99 - it wasnt until 02 that it was a sole currency in countries. The gains have been increasing since it was introduced and today the euro is the currency with the highest monetary value in the world (i.e theres more of it than any other currency in circulation). The Dollar can hardly be described as "holding strong".

But again, china isnt really going to be collecting on the debt, not when the US is their largest market - reserve currency or not.

Post Fiend
    Also America is the issuer of the world's most dominant reserve currency and the world's most plentiful safe asset. Foreigners hold huge stocks of dollars and Treasuries and other dollar-denominated securities, and they therefore have an incentive to support the dollar and Treasury prices.

As the growing debt is accredited to the Fed all that goes out the window.
    You have to read this first, then he said this was false, so then i made that statement after.

So i was stating the dollar is going to be well, FAIL
    but as of now it is still the dominant reserve currency
    which your post agrees with me on
    and actually sayd the dollar is going to be well FAIL also

and im pretty sure i never said Holding Strong, but id definitely retract that if i did

psst Bishop, just ignore him (he doesn't appear to know what he's saying) ;)

Post Fiend
    Got to be a language barrier or or context barrier or something

What would you say the topic of debate was freemehul

Thread Information