Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about hospitals

Question about hospitals

There comes a point where if you have enough hospitals that every attack you make actually increases your offence. This point happens when you get more credits than losses during your attack. Obviously this point occurs at a lower % for orcs and elves in general, and especially for war hero's. It would be a function of the amount of elites you have vs specs, base casualty rate (~7% i think) and esp the credit rate (no clue). Some races/pers may never be able to reach this point but I'm fairly certain orcs can, especially war hero's. Has anyone ever set up an excel program or figured out this magic hospital %? BTW, I'm orc/merchant.
    Last edited by pzak640; 03-11-2009 at 23:57.

Post Fiend
    Sorry mate, I do not know how military losses works in combat - as well as credit gain.

I having 0 experiences on that since I re-join the game in mid of last round. Best of all, I was using Undead + War Hero. Everything is kind of... out of idea about how a normal race works.

Veteran
    Lots of top kingdoms that run orc/war hero's do it for the reasons you mentioned and do make a profit off random grabs. There isn't a simple magic number though as relative size of the target, their def etc. will affect it each time. Having said that why settle for breaking even when you can make a big profit?
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Regular
    It is pretty reliant on how often you attack in order to make it worthwhile though. if it's one attack every 24-36 hrs then i won't recommend hospitals.

Yes, orcs Always get more elite specs than the deaths, noting the fact that elites die less than specs. The higher up acerage you go, the bigger the difference noticable. However this is with an ave of 15-17% hospitals at 85%BE. if you were running 20% at 100%BE i would think there would be a even nicer difference.

However don't forget that relative size is very impt and whether you do oversend or not.

Veteran
    All troops die at the same rate in combat (excepting peasants, prisoners etc.), you can easily check this by noting how many sols/specs/leets you send on an attack, then how many of each die and you'll calc that they die at the same rate. Leets are only tougher against ops and spells.

The maths is a bit more complicated for working out the profit/loss nature of the situation as most of the factors do not cancel out easily. For example while losses and credits are both partly based on relative networth, losses are also based on the total number of troops while credits are based on the defense points. Thus those running a higher OME will get more credits:losses than someone with the same off, but lower OME. This then all depends on how often you are attacking (as misashi pointed out), which you use to compare the use of hospitals to other buildings.

In the end it is very interesting, and great to look at, but only a handful of people have ever built simulations or calculations that account for most of the important factors involved.

Very interesting to know Clampy. So if I run say at least 15% hospitals, have a high ome, + WH I should always be gaining a substantial amount of credits.

If I raised hospitals and ome I would get more credits?
    - = Paintrain = -

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    Very interesting to know Clampy. So if I run say at least 15% hospitals, have a high ome, + WH I should always be gaining a substantial amount of credits.

If I raised hospitals and ome I would get more credits?
    no... what clampy has said, is that credits are directly related to the defense of the target, the higher the defense, the more credits you get
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Veteran
    _greenie ftw :)

More specifically, the higher the targets defence, and the closer they are to your networth, the more credits.

To reduce losses having a higher OME does help because while the percentage of troops you lose will be the same, you won't need to send as many troops, and thus lose less troops overall. This is something to consider in the argument for/against homes usage.

For an example hitting a target when you're a orc/wh using leets with horses with 15% hosps at about 80% BE and an OME of 130%, enemy same size with 10k def.
    10k def / 1.3 (OME) = 7692 off
    7692 / 1.09 (generals) = 7057 off
    7057 / 9 (leet+horse) = 784 leets + horses
    Say, 800 for a safety margin.

You'd expect to lose around 7.5% *0.7 (hosps) = 5.25%
    5.25% x 800 = 42 ogres + horses lost

Leet credits:
    10,000 def x 1 (nw ratio) x 0.0055 (credits constant) = 55 leet credits

42 ogres lost is worth around:
    800 (training cost) + 50 (draft roughly) = 850
    850 x 42 = 35,700 gc

55 leet credits is worth around:
    800 x 55 = 44,000 gc

Net profit = 8,300 gc

These conditions will obviously vary depending on a range of things such as networth difference, relations etc. though you can see there that gaining those credits typically outweighs the loss, in this case by about 23%.

Clampy, _Greenie, you are both legends in my book.

Thank you.
    - = Paintrain = -

Regular
    Your entire offensive army should be elites anyway, don't really need more credits than losses to achieve that. Just banks and armories.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAndJerry View Post
    Your entire offensive army should be elites anyway, don't really need more credits than losses to achieve that. Just banks and armories.
    True, but if you can train all elites with credits, then your economy will be better off not wasting gc on them.

Of course my Orc already has an all elite army oop, and I should have been double tapping noobs by now.

/mutters "Stupid Jolt, stupid oop downtime"
    - = Paintrain = -

Post Fiend
    clampy rocks.
    some skd run 5% hospital until 1500-2000 acres and increase them to 8-10% above 2k acres.
    Last edited by Bishop; 06-11-2009 at 13:01.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoFTW View Post
    clampy rocks.
    some skd run 5% hospital until 1500-2000 acres and increase them to 8-10% above 2k acres.
    *shrugs*
    5% hosps seems kinda pointless to me...
    Last edited by Bishop; 06-11-2009 at 13:01.
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoFTW View Post
    clampy rocks.
    incorrect, you dont run hospitals based on your land, you run them based on your elites. 5% hospitals is pretty pointless. most people use 10-15% once they are all trained.

edit: btw, no personal attacks will be tolerated.

Bishop, I hate to love you, but you are right, and I am drunk.
    - = Paintrain = -

Thread Information