Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UTOPIA DEAD?! What do we play now? Suggest games.

UTOPIA DEAD?! What do we play now? Suggest games.

So what are the other big online text based strat games.
    I've tried Utopia Kingdoms and it sucks.
    It sucks like when a console game is ported to PC and the controls are all horrible.

Ummm..?

What about Omerta?
    Silly mod, I was no advertising FFS.
    barafranca.com

I think I tried this game a year ago and I couldnt work out what to do...

Check out this one guys!
    1000 AD it seems pretty fun!
    blitz.1000ad.net/

http://www.google.com
    You telling me I cant link to google because its a commercial site?
    Last edited by AeonBlue; 05-11-2009 at 10:30. Reason: no hotlinking to commercial sites

been some time since i last looked but i think planetarian is still running. you have to pay to play tho which sux, but from the ONE look i got at it like 10 years ago it looked awesome.
    and hey i love space

Postaholic
    planetarion was going to be shut down by jolt also, but i think someone else bought it off them and is trying to revive it

There's very little to offer people who like Utopia, because there's simply nothin out there quite like it.
    If you're looking for a challenge, hardcore strategy, and new things to learn, pick up pokémon, or play it online using the shoddy battle simulator. It's like IRC, but with pokémon.
    If you're looking for another community, I'm not sure I can help you. You could pick up warhammer 40,000 or warhammer fantasy, then play at a club near you, but it's a very expensive hobby.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Forum Addict
    Not my cup of tea but they did a good job, from the looks of it, once they got Jolt's claws out of it.
    Last edited by Bishop; 04-11-2009 at 21:32.

i am too strong in my principles to have anything to do with pokčmon, and the warhammer 40000 community in these parts is scant at best, so i guess im screwed :(

ill check out planetarion once this game dies/i go tired of waiting

I played that game way, way back.
    It wasn't what I was looking for, so I abandoned it.

Give pokémon a try. It's not a kid's game if you want to play in a competitive fashion.
    A bit like magic the gathering, but lots cheaper.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Being the hardcore strategy gamers that I know you all are, Cosmic Supremacy is a game well worth checking out. Its got nice graphics and its free to play with no hidden fees. It has an amazingly high learning curve, as you control most of the game through custom written scripts (If you get discouraged by failure then this is not a game for you!! Learning to control your empire with well coded scripts takes time), which tell the game what to do on your planets and when, as well as what ships to build etc. The game has an excellent community and developer support, the only reason I stopped playing was because my Uto KD was a priority and took most of my spare time. Now... well go check it out!!

lol VT2, yeah you know what, playing Pokemon is a lot like playing Utopia. Playing Pokemon on the first gameboy handheld: it was all in black and white, lots of hang-ups and crashes on the game part, and when your soldiers (army/pokemon) were killed off, you die.

You explore new 'worlds' as the game progresses, and fight everyone within the new worlds, just as you do in Utopia.

In fact, Utopia isn't like Obama, like they are talking about in this thread.

Dwarf fortress?

I love red and blue. It's so exciting not knowing what your attacks will do, and getting raped by glitches.

Post Fiend
    I play gatewars, have done in tandem with utopia for a few years now. Quite different but there is an active community and the game doesn't seem to be going downhill.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

Post Fiend
    Guys, hold on to Utopia for a bit. It pains me to see this kind of an end to it.

Post Fiend
    What is the point? It's ALL over in two weeks! THE APOCALYPSE IS NEAR!

R.I.P. DN.
    R.I.P. Secrets
    R.I.P. Ghetto Cats.
    I'm seeing a disheartening trend here. O_o

1000 AD seems fun for now.
    Ill check out Planetarian
    Can you give me any tips?
    Last edited by Bishop; 04-11-2009 at 21:32.

I will be here to the end.

/me goes down with the ship.
    - = Paintrain = -

Thread Information