Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jolt has be sold!!!

Post Fiend
    GameStop announced today that they have acquired Jolt Online Gaming, a publisher of free-to-play browser games.
    GREAT!!
    Acquire and kick all the ****ing useless ppl there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    maybe it will be a good thing... more resources perhaps?

i honestly have no idea.
    Well in the city i live in there is 3 gamestop shops, they do have a policy of being cheap when buying stuff from you, but other than that they deliver a good and solid value for the money.

They are not relying on "Jolt" to survive as their main income, so i think they can pull some very good strings here, if we are lucky :)

Lets hop so, have had em as sponsor for a different game back in the days, but never had a bad experience "prays" so hope im not about to have one now ;)

hum how convenient for GameStop;they get to buy a business (Jolt) in caos which I asume the price was very cheap due to major trouble.

Dos attack! hehehe could it have been done by GameStop?

another reason also would be that Jolt have share holder and those investor lost a huge pile of cash.
    yeah that's me sitting on the hood with my brother

Postaholic
    wonder what their position on utopia will be

Who owns the game now & why did we go to Beta instead of finishing our age in wol?
    Shaken not stirred.

Are they aware that Classic exists? Will Jolt & S & B be continuing with UT till new co. takes over?
    Shaken not stirred.

Regular
    deville coz the community was so impantient and totally incompetent to judge it, but still they had to go along with the community...

Post Fiend
    It really is funny I must say.. To see all the people that have no clue what is going on blaming the community..:)

Jayro, the "new code" was supposed to be brought online june 4th 2009. We are now in nov and omac/S&B are still incapable of even managing to have a running beta

(a beta is a playable workable almost finished version of a game meant to find and eliminate the last small kinks in the game code before it is released as finished just so we are clear and not have to repeat yet again what a beta is as there are plenty here thinking a beta mean we must accept getting a flagpole up the arse).

This is just incompetency on S&Bs part and omac in general, and you blame the players??
    If the game had been playable about 7/10s of the posters here wouldn't even had had an acct on these boards and you wouldn't have the stream of disgruntlement as you have now. The community is in it's full rights to be pissed off at omac as they are incapable of even delivering the minimum service of having a game we can actually play.

Nicco is right many of us would not be here at all if it was not for this. For nine years I have been reading these boards without an account until a couple of days ago.

Regular
    Yes I do blaim the players...

It was said it was not ready yet to go into a public beta, but because of a mixture of community pressure and attacks they took it down to take up a still buggy beta, we all knew that at that point the beta was still that buggy. If we'd continued with the old age we would now be playing still (yes with cgi errors).

S&B are working on the code, which I happen to know is a hard job, have you ever scripted yourself? I suppose not else you would know the 80/20 rule very well =]

Oh and i play since i was 11ish, i'm 19 now so i know how it used to be... And also i knew it should be online for a while now...

The thing you COULD blaim S&B for is making a way to short timeschedule for the beta... Better to make a to long planning then to short...

Post Fiend
    *walks over to nearest concrete wall to bang his head a little as that creates less headache than the need to repeat himself*

Post Fiend
    Bierkrug > I didn't have an account when Mehul was in-charge of this game. I created this account when OMAC took over with their amazing low-level of competency.

jayro > if scripting is hard, please go and do other job. If it's not suitable, just GO TO HELL. Do what u're good at, not what u're bad at.

un freakin real!

Regular
    lol i'm not gonna even bother posting here anymore, all I was pointing out is that S&B are working hard to get it right, and that some people aren't as much of a pessimistic wankers as you guys are =]
    Last edited by jayro; 05-11-2009 at 13:26.

Post Fiend
    You sound like u're extremely pleased with OMAC - cos u didn't get farmed OOP? And that u're thankful for the downtime?

Or maybe u have the same level of competency as them. Go apply the vacancy available at OMAC :p

Thread Information