Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jolt has be sold!!!

Post Fiend
    Positive: Sounds like we can expect better advertising.

Negative:
    Legends of Zork, Utopia Kingdoms, and Trukz are a few of the titles published by Jolt, as well as the upcoming Playboy Manager.
    Where is Utopia? Don't sound promising! Did they sell/give the game to Brian & Sean. Or, are Sean&Brian's work on Utopia a test for their coding skillz to
    create online games for game titles and brands that aren't currently being exploited by the publishers themselves
    ?
    Last edited by ewlo; 05-11-2009 at 13:29. Reason: I+English=not good

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wenjie View Post
    You sound like u're extremely pleased with OMAC - cos u didn't get farmed OOP? And that u're thankful for the downtime?

Or maybe u have the same level of competency as them. Go apply the vacancy available at OMAC :p
    Well clearly more competency, patience and knowledge then you have.

And i haven't been able to log in since oop, so i have no idea, just that i had a proper defence and proper build so i need not worry, you clearly on the other hand...

Not thankfull to the downtime i just understand how things go in the real world =]

Grow up =]

Post Fiend
    Jayro, you do have some valid points, but you still miss the fact that they are now 4 months on overtime and can't even keep a playable beta up. That is 4 months of taking it up the arse for the players and accepting it, now the community is fed up and you blame them?

There have been 0 development or improvement since the game was taken over by omac, we accepted a 3week downtime after the last age to give them the opportunity to get the new code up which in the end was omacs decision and none others due to "the constant attacks on the old code".

If omac/jolt had had the slightest clue on customer relations they would have tried to stop all rumours, but until that happens how can anyone NOT believe most of the rumours flying around now?

if they are such a big company, 1st thing they will do is return the favor to the players.. this means reinstating utopia to its redesign the fugly template and friggin horrible design in the current gameplay

Post Fiend
    wow how right was I?

I told you guys months ago that they had gone bankrupt.

Post Fiend
    Only jayro can understand OMAC's brain - cos he has the same level of brain as them.

Don't have to explain to him anymore, it's useless and a ****ing waste of time.

Post Fiend
    ps.

wenjie, could you please please stfu as you're only embarassing yourself and showing to all here how low intelluctuated you are. you are doing no one any good and frankly i don't think anyone gives a rats ass about your arrogant attitude.

Post Fiend
    No, u won't now.

But u will soon, if u are in range with my kd.

Quote Originally Posted by ewlo View Post
    Positive: Sounds like we can expect better advertising.

Negative:

Where is Utopia? Don't sound promising! Did they sell/give the game to Brian & Sean. Or, are Sean&Brian's work on Utopia a test for their coding skillz to ?
    sean and brian were contracted to develop utopia, jolt still own the brand afaik. And i would imagine its not advertised because you dont advertise a game that doesnt work ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicco View Post
    *walks over to nearest concrete wall to bang his head a little as that creates less headache than the need to repeat himself*

Lol'ed at that one.

I am going to remain hopeful that the game continues, and not be irritated that the game is having problems. I expected this, it being a beta. We've lost 7 from last age already, and all 6 of my replacements went inactive days ago. I have a core of 14 addicts i'm really hoping to see again. In my opinion most of the loss of players is due to troubles in the past month, and some of those will probably migrate back once the server is stable. If they can get the bugs worked out and get a functioning game up, numbers will climb. They won't fall, we're all that's left. So upward progress is all that can happen at this point. If the game comes back up. And I think it will.

If we want to help the game recover, once it is up we can all advertise within our various sub-communities. A nice influx of players on the new and (hopefully) operational code would go a long way towards restoring faith and fun in the game.

As far as the conspiracy theories and overwhelming hate go, you guys go ahead and continue to "investigate" and "constructively criticize" all you want, but you have to understand something. There are several of you who post here who have very strong opinions on EVERYTHING. You don't care if anyone cares, you enjoy arguing. If anyone tells you to calm down you explain in detail how stupid they are, why they have less right to post than you do, why their posts are worth less consideration than yours, how stupid they are, how affronted you are that someone disagrees with you, and how stupid they must be for that. Half of your posts should be removed, and if they really cared about their community forums you should have been banned for excessive everything. Stop acting like 10 year olds. Mostly I just tune you out. Like i'm going to do to responses to this.

Regular
    Nicco, good u can have a decent conversation, in contro with other people around...

Ever asked yourself why there is downtime? Is it incompetence, coz of the attacks? Or is it coz the attacks cause other problems that S&B having real problems with?

Post Fiend
    nd i would imagine its not advertised because you dont advertise a game that doesnt work ;)
    iI understand why they haven't advertised it up til now. I agree with you on that. I meant in the future. But, while we are there.... they mention the upcoming Playboy manager. Why wouldn't they mention Utopia? Is there a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by ewlo View Post
    iI understand why they haven't advertised it up til now. I agree with you on that. I meant in the future. But, while we are there.... they mention the upcoming Playboy manager. Why wouldn't they mention Utopia? Is there a big difference?
    if i had a game in the works with the playboy brand in the name id advertise it too, even if it turns out to be vapourware

I think it's funny how many whiners think they know how to run a software company.

a one-room cabin with a dirt floor in montana. i have satellite internet.
    what's really funny is this is the future of the world. i hear mars is nice this time of year.

Thread Information