Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In case Utopia Shut Down

Post Fiend

In case Utopia Shut Down

There's many rumors on Utopia might be shutting down.

Just incase:
    For those who addicted to Utopia, calm down your self and get a gathering with your local kingdom mate. Have a drink and farewell with the game. Life goes on.

For those who just played for fun, I wish you had been enjoying the game and do not take the aggresives word and attitude of others player deep. Hope you have learned some philosophy from Utopia.

For those who played to aim for the top ranks -which haven't achieve it, very sorry and go to aim high in your life. The chance is there and you only need to have good resolve and work hard for it.

Bye

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar
    It would make no sense to work on new code just to shut a game down. Rumours are just that - rumour.

Forum Addict
    Well, they failed. And failed hard. it doesn't matter how much money they put in it. This was their chance to get new people in to the game. And people who gave the game one last chance...you failed! 5k playing this game won't cut it, it is just not worth keeping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundergore View Post
    It would make no sense to work on new code just to shut a game down. Rumours are just that - rumour.
    NationStates 2 anyone?
    S E C R E T S

Again a different game - I'm not privy to the exact details but you're taking two different situations and two different games. If I were in charge I'd not see any reason to close Utopia.

It's like the chewbacca defense from Southpark - that doesn't make any sense.

(Yes my responses are a bit all over the place this morning. The community team have some behind the scenes 'fun' going on.)

I just made a simple reply to this comment. Jolt recoded NationStates... and subsequently shut it down.

Again a different game - I'm not privy to the exact details but you're taking two different situations and two different games. If I were in charge I'd not see any reason to close Utopia.

It's like the chewbacca defense from Southpark - that doesn't make any sense.

(Yes my responses are a bit all over the place this morning. The community team have some behind the scenes 'fun' going on.)
    Well I wish you were in charge, since at least you seem to have a head on your shoulders. What game it is doesn't matter, Jolt has proven their tendency to not make sense in a lot of their decision making. You can HOPE the game doesn't get shut down, that's about it.

And I don't believe a shutdown is imminent by any means, that's just the crazy people saying that. My guess is continued failures of the new version will slowly drain the player base, and this time next year we will have less than 5k players. THEN the shutdown talks start.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    And I don't believe a shutdown is imminent by any means, that's just the crazy people saying that. My guess is continued failures of the new version will slowly drain the player base, and this time next year we will have less than 5k players. THEN the shutdown talks start.
    No one could deny the logic of this example of how things could get worse. Getting worse however is clearly not a goal for the company. The new beta started very positively (though it's release was accelerated) and I hope it gets back on track - I know S&B are working very hard right now.

What it comes down to then is 'trust' and a lot of you express the fact you don't trust the company. This is a personal choice (based on your history with them) - and one that is tough to change.

It is in fact impossible for a CM to change but I am a wheel within a larger machine. I moderate and enjoy the chaos and try to set it in some order.

And yes I care about the community and want to do my best for them (limited as that is often through powers beyond my control).
    Last edited by Thundergore; 05-11-2009 at 12:26. Reason: Clarity

Getting worse however is clearly not a goal for the company.
    They are just so good at it!
    S E C R E T S

There are just far too many strands to that old argument (and they exist all through the boards) that I've stopped trying to defend and just try to support you guys!

Regular
    Thunder, I think u should just ignore weak pointless reactions as Dharan is giving...

Some of us have the view over how things DO work in the real world, not just in the little perfect world of people like Dharan...

People that do know these things will stay around and aslong they are around it's most likely that utopia will continue running... =]

I make it a point to take no sides - to in effect separate myself from 'right and wrong' where posters are concerned. I know only 'support'. I know only 'forum rules'.

I respect all opinions and remove any flames or attacks I see/that are pointed out to me.

It is the driftwood I cling to when the storm tosses me overboard.

Note to self: I should stop responding in metaphor.

Regular
    haha I like those responds :P

Brian said there are 0 plans for them to stop working on Utopia, since him and Sean are developing it pretty much on their own it would make sense for them to be aware of any such plans.

Money Money = NO Honey !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the game being down and revenues decreasing due to other games competition for advertising I do not see any survival.

Utopia live long and prosper. Would love to see another Medul take over and create a clone.
    Last edited by Wallfly; 05-11-2009 at 13:14.

Forum Addict
    Why not make a clone? We can easily move people to that game, just call it Mbutopia. All can get a notice that we don't want things to run the right way!

Sean and Brian, I feel sorry for them both...they must feel like such failures. Hope they won't commit suicide! I would if I was them! BOOM!

Thread Information