Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the ___ for?

Thumbs down What the ___ for?

I've played this game since Age 2 or 3. As of now I believe the new code is useless. The new servers are inadequate. The company/hired-help are not committed enough to run a game of this nature.

So here's some food for thought I guess. The Game's been down longer than it's been up this age. The "New Code" was supposed to help and it's done the complete opposite in all aspects. The "attacks" on the servers are apparently still happening. The New Code forced Temple to create and debug a new angel. It forced Scotty to rework his work in progress with Pimp v2.1. And worse yet, it's going to force all the bots people have made for IRC to be re-written. And I've seen some intricate ones.

Big question.... WHY THE ______ DID YOU EVEN PURCHASE THIS GAME?!

OMAC/Jolt/Jolt Online Gaming has and never will show interest in whats best for the game. This game NEEDS Utopia Pimp and Angel. Newcomers will find it re-assuring to have tools that allow them to negotiate the dynamics of this game so smoothly. And what happens, you put the entire community in chaos, from player all the way to devoted coders making programs to work with the game. The only major thing I've seen happen is a re-masking of one of their current games and base it all on Utopia. I played it, sorry to say, it's too boring and the replay value is nil due to a lack of community involvement. People like THIS Utopia for as simple a reason as keeping good company in your KD. Many kingdoms recruit based on personality compatibility with the KD.

Next Big Question.... DID YOU PLAY OR RESEARCH THE GAME AT ALL? JUMP ON IRC AND GET A TASTE OF THE COMMUNITY?

I liked the Old Code. I even liked the old look. I do digital art and design and I think this new setup is so gawdy and chaotic, slapped together look for sure. I liked having Mehul and his Staff to fix errors right away. I liked how Mehul was so involved that he knew OOP was a mass login. That he knew when critical times for his players were. Now his legacy has been reduced to a fading replica of what was once the most successful browser based free game for years and years. Somebody should e-mail him and let him know that over 10 years of hard work has been desecrated in a mere 12 months or less. Maybe he'd offer to take the game back for free so Jolt Online Gaming can move on to destroy more games.

Another Question for anyone reading..... WOULD YOU LIKE THE OLD CODE BACK? DO YOU BELIEVE THERE WAS EVER A REAL PROBLEM? OR HAVE THE NEW OWNERS OF UTOPIA BEEN LEADING US ON AND ON?

I have NEVER raged on these forums, NEVER. And I'm at the point where I think this game is heading to an end and there nothing JOLT can do about it. This game needs a miracle to bring it back to life. This games back in BETA over 10 yrs since it graduated to AGE 1!

Anyone who's gonna come in here and try to say, Brian & Sean are trying, or JOLT has done some good. Let me say this first. B&S are just that, B&S. They do what they're paid to do, they code and debug. In reality, it's 8hrs a day and just a pile of code. They have no respect for what they're working on. They have no comprehension of what makes this game so successful. It's not Pretty and Organized code. The game was popular despite it's "outdated frame style". All B&S are here for is to help work out the kinks and the same problem remains..... THIS GAME NEEDS 24/7 ATTENTION. And as for Jolt and all its aliases. They bought a game, ripped off it's theme and remade their own game based on a game they also offer. WOW! Two games exactly alike. Worse yet, word of them being bought out adds to the damage as they show that they had no idea what they were doing. All this game was to them, was a potential for revenue.... now lets think, most successful FREE browser based game...........Revenue? Try and defend them, they don't care about you, haven't they proved that yet?
    Last edited by Eudoxus; 05-11-2009 at 22:57.

They bought Swirve for the names, and the brand-recognition.
    Really - that's it.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I have to applaud what has been said in the main post. Well said mate.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    They bought Swirve for the names, and the brand-recognition.
    Really - that's it.
    Well they are makin a name for themselves now... although I have thought of a few names myself....
    SnooZzZZzzage

And this helped them in what way? I see less players and UKingdoms may have lots of new comers but how many inactives are there? How many people try it from a couple days to a week and say yeah, CRAP! It's like an over sized Electronic Pet that listens to orders like "get the resources" or "attack that other guys Pet". The games too slow moving. The game is fruitless.

Forum Fanatic
    Amen to the main poster

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

It didn't help them at all, but their owner is little more than a remnant of the 90's IT-bubble, and can't make good decisions.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Put it this way, I didnt even go to the login page or home page of UK. I knew it would be ****e straight off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    Put it this way, I didnt even go to the login page or home page of UK. I knew it would be ****e straight off the bat.
    I figured I'd try it out, I gave it a month and even joined Duece Six Clan.... The game is a huge failure if you ask me.... like a beautiful girl with no intellectual aspect to her. Just simple button pushing and waiting, and waiting, and waiting... my god.

It was just too much of a rip off of all the other games.

They should have just focused on utopia from the start. There was never anything wrong with it. It just needed exposure. People in the game. Feet on the ground and the gaming dynamics, kingdoms, monarchs, players, would pick it up from there. etc.

Exclamation How is this going to help?

"2. A few provinces' data had become corrupted because there was an issue with training. To fix this in the short term, there is now a cap on how many individual batches of troops you can have in training at any one time. There's a similar new limit on the other schedules, e.g., learning and exploring."

What batches? Why do this? Is ridiculous. Trying to make everyone the same?
    You only use one resource request no matter how many troops you're inputting.
    No such thing as 'batches'. It takes away the advantages ppl have chosen & negates the spirit of the game.

& the tick thing? For x extra time, if ppl are online near the tick, means they're stuck online. Means higher server usage. Who cares if kd times are a minisecond different. Deal with that later b4 the player base fades away.

Been playing since time began & nvr saw anything that corrupts the integrity of the game like this does. As if they're trying to make it lame..
    Shaken not stirred.

Regular
    Great words. I am in game kinda late, not since age 1, 2 or 3, but years. I don't remember 5, maybe 6 (it was age 25th afair). I had even break. But came back, because this had "something".

Now I think Jolt's politics is only to buy for name and destroy... Years spent here, calculating, attacking, fighting with and against people I know. It comes to an bitter end. I hope, that even in worst cases we will be able playing this kind of game. Even rewriten by some hardore "mages of code" from our community (yes, I thought about it, even asked somebody who can do it).

Ah, one more thing about defending Jolt (or OMAC, who cares). Let's look at Earth 2025. They simply closed it. Maybe doing it with Utopia is their target?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    yup! i went one step further and managed 20mins before it was a case of... eh!?
    If they had of put the time and effort (and £ no doubt) into uto instead, we wouldnt be in the situation we are in!
    I honestly fear for the future of this game, which i love and (more recently) loathe at the same time...

Applause for the OP...couldn't have said it better. Game is now up. Oops! Sorry we'll try again tomorrow...

Damn, don't think any of us could've said that any better OP.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Thread Information