Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehuls Coffee Shop

Mehuls Coffee Shop

I yelped it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dominican-joe-austin

4+ stars. He was always so good with his customers.

Dominican Joe

-------------------------------------

"Was walking down South Congress with my friend A and we noticed Dominican Joe tucked back just off the intersection of S. Congress and Riverside. We walked in to a relaxed atmosphere full of a twenty to thirty-something set clicking away on laptops, conversing or reading a variety of books or papers, all while enjoying a mug of something undoubtedly delightful.

I myself struggled over what to order -- A ordered the intriguing flan latte so I went with the very tasty chai tea latte, a cute little leaf pattern in my foam. The flan latte, which I got a sip of, was very tasty -- like hot, liquid flan with foam. After reading the description of the Stickybun Scotti, I also had to order a piece of that, and then also went back for another after enjoying its delicious caramel flavor.

The staff was friendly and produced our beverages promptly. A and I also enjoyed free copies of the Onion and a round of checkers and tic tac toe from a game set provided by the coffeehouse.

Aside from the fantastic drinks and chill atmosphere, Dominican Joe has an inspiring story behind its business. They work with one farm in the Dominican Republic to procure their coffee from start to finish. Their efforts support education and fair treatment and wages for the people in that region.

Definitely my new favorite coffee place. It's a shame it's about 1,700 miles away."

"I am a self proclaimed coffee house junkie...a rough morning, terrible day, dreamy evening, or slow afternoon all make me want to go hang out at a coffee shop.

Dominican Joe is the one coffee shop that when I go there--I get coffee. Their coffee is AMAZING--it's hard to describe the flavor. It almost has a minty aftertaste? I have started buying their coffee by the pound (perk-you get a free cup of coffee when you buy a pound!) and now exclusively drink that coffee at home. I'm still trying to get my new coffee pot to brew it just right.

What it boils down to is that everywhere else I go, I get a high maintenance 2 pump skinny hazelnut latte, but the second I walk into DoJo, all I want is a coffee. A little bit of half n half and one packet of splenda--this stuff sends my morning into full throttle greatness!

The morning staff could use a bit of a pep talk sometimes, but--no fault there. I can too (that's usually why I'm at DoJo to begin with). I've had some of the nicest line conversations with other patrons, and love it when I have a few minutes to sit down and relax before jetting off to work. I've also been to a few of the evening events that they have hosted. The atmosphere is always jovial and pleasant--if it gets too noisy, the patio is a great alternative.

AND my affinity for Taste No Evil Muffin Company--started here! DoJo sells freshly baked muffins straight from the muffin mecca from their case of treats. mmmm. and they are barely (if at all) marked up. YAY!

Also really cool is their partnership with Makarios and the way they are directly pouring back into the community and people growing the coffee beans. Drink coffee--change the world. What a cool slogan! Yes please, sign me up."

"In my five days in Austin, I tried four coffee shops--all were great, but this one was the best, and the one I returned to on my last day. The cafe latte was delicious, as was the breakfast taco (from Torcy's). The enironment was also great for working."

http://www.dominicanjoe.com/
    Last edited by KuhaN; 06-11-2009 at 01:06.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

who wants to go with me to Austin and bribe Mehul into coming back to us?

hmm... i think i'll make a poll about it :P

[15:24] <Friend> though i think you and i should go to Austin
    [15:24] <Friend> and visit a coffee shop
    [15:25] <Friend> and make him buy back utopia

Shall we storm the gates? lol

i wonder if Mehul has followed any of the happenings in recent months...
    Last edited by Luth; 06-11-2009 at 00:23.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

I doubt he has, and hope he hasn't to be honest - I think it'd be a bit disheartening to him to see what's happened.

It's really cool to see that he's doing an awesome job with his dream, it's well deserved. I'm tempted to visit there even though I don't even like coffee :P.
    SYNERGY
    #synergy

>> Finn
    >> Formerly in Copy Cats, Lothlorien, and Pyromaniacs

Is Wizzy secretly a gay fish?

* &Wizard likes fishsticks
    <&Wizard> I love putting fishsticks in my mouth

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    http://www.dominicanjoe.com/

Someone call him =]

ill just drive there bahaha not that far away

Drop by our store or send us mail at:

515 South Congress Ave
    Suite 108
    Austin, TX 78704
    Map & Directions to our Shop

Call us at (512) 448-3919 (512) 448-3919 .

I can imagine laughter , a click and dial tone as soon as the word UTOPIA was said.

Would be cool for him to code "Utopia on Earth" charge $20 to DL then whatever was needed a yr per player to cover hosting.

Caller: Is Mehul there?
    Receiver: Nope.
    Caller: oh? What about Blake, he around?
    Receiver: Nah, they're both pretty busy at the moment using our wifi to try to connect to Utopia, but it's been down all day. Something I can help you with?

:P
    Last edited by Luth; 06-11-2009 at 02:52. Reason: typo
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by tequila View Post
    i can imagine laughter , a click and dial tone as soon as the word utopia was said.
    lol
    IMPERIALS KLA

Dojo's on SoCo

been there, nice place.. Didnt see Mr. Patel, but I did get a pic and business card. Saw his picture on the wall, I was like

"Thats him!! Right there!! he ruined our lives!!..."

lol SoShaan... but at the same time, he gave us this community... a community of friends around the world as dear as many real life friends. many have become RL friends, enemies, companions and mates.

*sighs*
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    Caller: Is Mehul there?
    Receiver: Nope.
    Caller: oh? What about Blake, he around?
    Receiver: Nah, their both pretty busy at the moment using our wifi to try to connect to Utopia, but it's been down all day. Something I can help you with?

:P
    i laughed hard at that. :D

lol :P
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Tee hee
    BOOYAH!

ugh i hate finding typos after the fact...

*their should be *they're
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information