Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help?

The idea of VotS fell to someone else (I have the archive on an external hd somewhere), but I GM'd it from pretty much the beginning. That was so long ago - reading many of my old posts make me smirk. The thread didn't actually die - the story had simply played itself out over the course of a year and reached a point where a conclusion was appropriate. If I remember correctly Bel and I coordinated the end to segue into CS.

Cerulean Skies was a short lived sequal, taking place several years after VotS. We had a pretty good character rendezvous, but I think it quickly petered out after making it to the airship.

Question: was it potsoda the guy who started throwing molotov cocktails on the deck of the airship?

I can't believe you know Bel Shari, seems so random now because you never mentioned it :p

I think it was Potsoda/GI. I was in both VotS and CS - I tried to do an engineer in both I believe, but was never very successful, therefore I try to get away with saying I was one of those original players in the airship threads, but I really was as trivial as a single blade of grass =P

Omg if Bel came back, and Mire and Sao, who's next? Lurker? Peter? Trey?

Post Fiend
    oh a second child? :) send my best to him!

right, we did wrap up VotS and started a sequal... I think VotS is one of the few threads that lasted long and got an actual end point....

hehe... potsoda.... I remember I was so surprised when I found out that GI was potsoda.... *smirk*

Veteran
    Peter, Alex, and Corey will never come back.

I can guarantee you that.

Alex was working with the DoD last I saw him. He quit lockheed after iraq. Still has a GPS installed in his daughters jewelry, that she has no idea about. lol. Freak. If anyone saw a picture of him, you'd think so do.

Corey - for whatever reason - really has a vendetta against us.

----------

Shari - you never said you knew Bel. ;) tell him Ren gives his congrats on the second, and first, kid. I remember when he said he was engaged. lol

Thanks, by the way. I am using that race in the book i'm currently writing. HEAVILY changed. He isn't quite that powerful until the end of the first book, beginning of the second. By the third, he's disintegrating enemy ships atom by atom.

going for a dune-esque thing in a sense. hard to explain. you'll just have to read it.

later. midnight. 1 am actually.

I was just kidding around. Is Corey Lurker? I never actually talked to these people ^_^

I could have sworn I mentioned my friendship with him before... anyway, get posting in Skysail!
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

That's crazy. Bel and I did quite a bit of coordination in VotS through the better part of it. That was one of the first story arc's I played through with a PC enemy - a lot of fun. Give him my regards and congrats on his IRL adventures :)

I might be missing something, as I do not recognize Saoirse. Is there a pseudonym they've gone by in the past? Perhaps just a time when I found myself absent from URP.

Seems the direction of this thread changed quite a bit. Roleplayers message board was getting way too long anyways :)

So my post was ignored not a good start it seems :).

Seems there is a slight difference between our "understanding" about "powerplay", I'll keep this in mind for future reference.
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

Convos just kind of spring up wherever and they last til the end of the convo. I'm always happier when everything is kept in the RPers Msg Board though =p Would be nice to move back there *wink and nudge*

Okay, I'll post my comment in RPMB to appease the Geco. He controls my car insurance rates and I'd rather not have an increase in my premiums.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Veteran
    just a side note:

Godmod is technically when you do something godlike, in my opinion - though there are some that would debate that.

I prefer powerplay to fit into a different category, as someone who affects other's characters unduly without prior authorization or consent (like words or actions that the character's player did not write).

PRP (Power RolePlay) is debated for both terms. Some say it is effectively godmodding, others the act of using PC or off-limits NPCs of someone else's ownership.

edit:

Honestly, it's been so long since I've had to use the terms, I'm almost unsure if I'VE mixed them up too...

Me = Kailae from the old VotS, which was also my first thread. I left for a year after it petered out, and when it came back I changed my handle (I felt uncomfortable having characters named after my handle, since I personally don't like to think of my characters as 'me').

Cerulean Skies was 'my' thread. Back then, although it was everyone's decision to start a VotS sequel, I was very insistent on trying to GM it and quite hung up on the idea of the thread being 'mine' - which sounds really childish now, but that was how things were then. That thread died due to my fault, but I think it was a good thing, at least for me. It taught me that there was a lot I needed to learn, and not just about writing, either.

I was also here for Endless Skies, which was Geco's reboot. I think I had a few good ideas come out of that, but towards the end, I just kind of lost my compass. I wasn't really sure where I wanted to go with my characters, and started just making posts for the sakes of it.

Ah, Kailae - of course I remember, now. Incidentally I chose to rp a female character to man the helm in Skysail, in part as an homage to Kailae. Good times.

I've unearthed saved Cerulean Skies documents - I somehow don't remember it carrying on for 5 IC threads. Not to mention all the facepalming at my own writing.

Heavens - I'm loving the back and forth between The Belgariad and Saoirse (Dangerous Angel!).
    I think my Sunday will be spent reading VotS and CS in their entirety.

Veteran
    don't worry phoenix, we're all facepalming at your writing from those days... JK! It's at ALL our scribbling...

I lost all the archives I used to have, harddrive crashes and what not. Can you email em to me? jollyren at g m ail dot com.

------

I remember Cerulean skies being Phoenix' invention because of a discussion about leonardo de vinci, who we both adored at the time (I still do). I think we voted on it though.

perhaps i am mistaken though.

Thread Information