Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crab people are killing uto

Regular

Crab people are killing uto

Maybe I will repeat some post made by other players before me, but I got to the point where I just want to write it all down. I hope Sean & Brian will read this as this is dedicated to them. You guys should seriously stop killing the game, maybe we can understand you are not so good at programing but it's sad when the game you played for 8+ years owners are making fun of themselves. If you can't do the job - say so, take your time, try fixing it, ask for help, damn it your company bought this game from mehul with all people who spent a lot of their time playing this game, and it seems that you think we are just a bunch of dumb-downed no-lifers.

"From looking at the trends in the traffic it appears that much of these requests are coming from automated scripts."

What on earth are you talking about?! Mehul had 3 game servers running with 150K+ players and somehow it worked, now you have 11k and you can't setup a server to work for that?! In my poor country I can setup a server for 3$ which would hold 11k people flow. Hacker attacks, YEAH, like when Utopia came to 11k players suddenly it became the favourite page for all hackers to beat on!

Now the thing that really made me mad is you god damn "Server down temporarily.
    Server will be down until at least..."

Imagine there are people who are waiting until that hour just because they have to hit out or train or do some stuff with their provs, and then they get another msg saying server will be down for another 2 hours, then of course 2 hours more, and it goes all day so you don't even want to check it anymore if it works. If you can't do your job for time being - Write in msg that you don't know what is going on, and it will take time to fix the problem, do not beat players around like in Kindergarten. I've been playing uto for more than 8 years and even though I'm not big programmer myself I can see you guys absolutely don't have any competence for running a game with dedicated players, and you are still trying to prove us you are a victim of hackers/scripters/old mehul code and damn Crab people are probably at fault for this too.

What kind of server can you buy for $3 to hold 11k people? I would like to buy 100 of those please.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Regular
    It's 3$/month Godly, don't ruin the point.

Forum Addict
    There is a point ? What it is ?

Regular
    Besides the one that I was so pissed that I even decided to make this post, the point was for Sean and Brian to stop treating us like a bunch of dumbs, or are you trying to prove me wrong TommyB?

Forum Addict
    Funny that you should complain the most about the updates. Is it because they make you believe again and again that the game could be working again at the next timeline (e.g. about now) ?

I'd say almost everything else is worse than that actually. I think "more and regular updates" where even demanded by a lot of players so they made up this scheme to
    post a new msg every few hours saying they dont know for sure.. oh well.

Regular
    Yes, it's very nice to see that server won't be working until xx:xx GMT and when you come at xx:xx GMT you can see that it really won't be working until yy:yy GMT so you can visit the site at zz:zz GMT because before that server really won't be working. That is not updates, that is useless msgs. You're missing the point anyway

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I believe the word you were looking for Rlyeah, when you were writing up the topic title was crap.

Crabs are creatures you find on beaches, in the sea, under rocks by the sea ... etc etc etc

Regular
    I believe you haven't seen South Park Maddy.

Nope. Havent watched any of that crap.

Regular
    Yeah, I do believe Santa Barbara is much more appropriate for you too.

Post Demon
    S&b are damned it they do, and damned if they don't. If they post regular messages people complain because they're vague and that they should focus more on fixing the problem that giving useless updates. If they don't update and focus on solving the problem, people complain because they don't give updates. I'm starting to think it'd be better to shut the game down completely, because most people that surface in the forum nowadays are not worth keeping the game alive for anyway.

Wtf is santa barbara? lol

Each to their own mate. Diversity is what keeps things interesting but I think South Park is completely ****. Nothing about it interests me in the slightest. Clearly, watching soaps and little episodes of crap is what keeps your entertained. Im happy for you. Go you!

maddy, santa barbara is one of the most beautiful cities along the southern coast of california... VERY expensive place to live :)
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Forum Addict
    Ofc the updates are useless so ignore them. The only useful info the devs could give us is that the game is up and running without errors again. However, if they just stay silent it will alienate players even more.

Thread Information