Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Game Resume on Monday

Post Fiend

Will Game Resume on Monday

Yes, game will be fixed

No, they will need more time

They will never get it working

It will never work again.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    Nope, In my opinion they ****ed up at a game design level, it will take a lot of time to fix it, a hopeful estimate would prolly be around 1 more week of downtime, and that's if they work extra.

Or they could just patch it and patch it and patch it, and the game will never work again.

Post Fiend
    hi shida! lol..and ya..itll need more time is the current trend..so why not
    Who shot who in the what now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecruiser_3000

That's what happens when you release a game when it's not finished, and try to patch it so it becomes playable.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

But! We had a proven playable game! Winner of Awards! Running 24/7 - servers running ten years! Had a classy look. HC player base. Was not broken. Product was never advertised. The only problem with the game was from a marketing pt of view. No advertising, people are not aware you exist.

The only reason it was sold was that the developer was highly creative & wanted to get on with other projects.

Then Jolt comes in, tries to make it their own. Instead of advertising it, they build new servers. Players don't care about the newness of a server. They care about the game's integrity & if it works.

New server coding has taken a year. Is it going to be fixed in a day, a week, a month, another year simply because they've taken us all off our working server & turned this into a do or die situation, one that takes on extreme urgency because the game has been sold, the players remain in the dark & this 24/7 online game is put into the realms of some rinky dink game currently under development where the technicians are only working 9 - 5 & not weekends & have no regard for the business end of the game, the player base or whether the game can survive this downtime & the business ppl seem to have absolutely no interest in the future of the game.

Lydias & Dylan C. - Would be nice to hear your thoughts.

**** If this game is to survive, we need to be returned to the old server so we can play til this Beta server gets running. No prob with leaving our Beta accounts up. We'll be glad to help with the testing. We need a game to play. We are here to play Utopia, not to act as guinea pigs for S & B while we watch our friends leave & our game die. Give us our server back while we still have our advertisers.
    Shaken not stirred.

Enthusiast
    they might be able to patch this new code for a target of 200...500 players
    and sell it. Not for 7 mil but...

Quote Originally Posted by DeVille View Post
    **** If this game is to survive, we need to be returned to the old server so we can play til this Beta server gets running. No prob with leaving our Beta accounts up. We'll be glad to help with the testing. We need a game to play. We are here to play Utopia, not to act as guinea pigs for S & B while we watch our friends leave & our game die. Give us our server back while we still have our advertisers.
    I agree, we need to be able to play something........... is there any other decent online games such as this? or is this it?

thinking about getting into something else till this massive problem era finishes, then I can get into the full swing of things again... any ideas? Any good suggestions, I don't wanna waste time playing something boring and dumb..
    GOooOBDaAAaaAA!! YEEEHAAA!!

How can the game possibly be up if they taking the weekend off.. And even if they do get the game back up.. It will only be for a few minutes, then another crash, and more down time.. I say the only positive thing they have done since all this has started, is making people active within the forums, including myself. For this game to work, they need to be more involved, or for that matter, just have some intelligence in what there doing.. Which is an epic fail for them..

Post Fiend
    after starting and crashing 3 times which brings the start to wednesday is my gut feeling.server couldn't handle the load crap again :(

We can just pray!
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

The new code is alive and is trying to tell us something.

Post Demon
    I do hope they backed up the old code somewhere, and if push comes to shove they'll restart on that.

I was really looking forward to genesis, too. Oh well.

voted

Post Fiend
    hi dizzysky :)

Thread Information