Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here.......

copy all formula before they delete them or close the wiki guide,I dont think they would but assume they could.

also one thing you might consider; ask Temple and the new pimp V2 to team up with you,or any other site who is feed up with this crap going on.

also a bunch of site teaming up would benefit all with higher trafic for ads (you need to make cash to survive this)

If ever by some miracle Omac get the bug fix; you should still go ahead with making a new one and as soon you're in beta test mode; I'll join and leave for good this stupid Omac/jolt and the new owner Gamespot.

and good advise; if ever you have trouble with code or bug,dont do like B&S and lie,just say it as it is.

good luck with your project
    yeah that's me sitting on the hood with my brother

Enthusiast
    i can contribute some new idea for the new "spiritual successor"
    in fact the concept that utopia that make this games rocks is the
    ~kingdom with 25 random player from the entire world
    ~no invite or no trade prov into KD wanted
    (this is make how a ppl are making up their KD for years and hardwork which build a large community base)
    ~player control a province and each KD can having war

we got
    ~attacks element
    ~steal
    ~Mages
    and all are in numerical and text based which is unique out of those so call 3D graphic
    also the advantages of this game can be play only using browser but NOT using any client

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i can shared up the new creative idea for a new game which boost the fun of the utopia more

things like

~network war
    ~island management
    ~island war
    ~race war
    ~event war
    ~alliances war
    ~Island games forum
    ~world games forum
    ~new combat unit which its unique function
    ~new ops beside steal and mages type
    ~new attack type and function
    ~new kind of war and allow more flexible war strategy
    ~new layout
    ~and a lots plenty..

i would said myself a creative guy...who love new things and weird and fun thinking ..

i am not a programmer but just a maths degree student
    contact me if you need any idea.
    syhuan2005@hotmail.com

Enthusiast
    but first i do think you need to find a forum for this to discuss...coz simply i dont like to be in this hopeless and sadness forum..which fulls of lies....

things like
    naming
    timing
    style and lots can be discussed for a new games..
    i would suggest dont just clone the game ...make it better games concept...if you can..

Free? My son runs his own commercial IT business. He'll tell you that almost all RPG's are free, and for a very good reason. Because once your game is recognised, sponsors and banner advertisers drop on you like ash from a volcano. The best example of exploiting banner advertising is FaceBook. Every game requires you to enroll your friends, because every hit generates cash for the developer. In it's hay day, if every player logged in once a day, Utopia could generate a minimum $300 per day. You think Mehul did this for fun for 10 years? He earned a damned good living from it. You try buying a coffee shop from your wages.

Enthusiast
    hmm..i can contribute ideas for free..:D

Quote Originally Posted by zercousy View Post
    but first i do think you need to find a forum for this to discuss...coz simply i dont like to be in this hopeless and sadness forum..which fulls of lies....

things like
    naming
    timing
    style and lots can be discussed for a new games..
    i would suggest dont just clone the game ...make it better games concept...if you can..
    Couldn't agree with you more. Hackers......Bull****! Greed, and trying to run before you can walk is the real reason for this crap.

Having said that, Mick and Paddy might get the concrete mix right before I get anywhere.

I got to much to do, or I'd slate this lot with the rest of you. Suffice to say, if I can do anything, I will. And you'll all know about it, not kept in the dark by lamebrain amateurs, as you are here.

I'm on it.
    Last edited by Godofmischief; 07-11-2009 at 21:21.

*looks down nodding in agreement*

Mehul also has alot of integrity and demonstrated that frequently unlike those who are currently in control *cough-cough*.

It is one thing to dick around with UK and quite another to totally screw the pooch that bore you.

*feelin a bit testy now after my beautiful Avatar was deleted*
    SnooZzZZzzage

Upload a new one.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Former Community Manager Thundergore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flitters View Post
    *feelin a bit testy now after my beautiful Avatar was deleted*
    I'd love to give it back after you expanded my ignorant mind, but I think if I made exceptions to the rules for real art in avatars I'd be at the beginning of a slippery slope :(
    Last edited by Thundergore; 07-11-2009 at 21:33. Reason: Clarity

Post Fiend
    Start a donation. Get 50k usd (5 usd per player). Hire a (system) designer and a good coder. 30 days later the game will be up and running. Win!

I love how everything is so damn easy in theory. :- )

50k usd should buy say, 150 hours, of somewhat talented people, and 150 hours should be plenty given how much faster they would work compared to the average joe. Bet you could even fit in a decent amount of testing hours in there too.

Post Fiend
    (ofc you could outsource to where-ever-i-stan too, but that would probably only be marginally cheaper in the end since the good coders have little reason not moving).

divinorum's pooling resources idea is a good one...

If the community pulls it off, that would be a first I believe. I don't know of any other game where the community formed the company which hired a developer in a total rebellion against the original. Think of the publicity too that would generate.

I'm not sure it would be a good idea if the community itself made the game(users programming it), that's just an invitation for distrust and ultimately friction as to whose idea gets implemented.. I can see it now:
    user1: don't implement raze in wars!
    user2: why not? I'll put it in!
    user1: no noob omgwtfbbq!

The only problem is who handles the money??

Regular
    I am sure there are a few accountants and such like amongst our number :D

Laughter IS the best medicine - always

Forum Fanatic
    problem with it sadly is when whoever atm owns the game files trademark suits and with evidence from forums and user information they could not only sue the people doing it but take the completed work for themselves to use.
    sucks doesnt it.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information