Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb fat explorer strat

Dumb fat explorer strat

Ok so since the game has been down so long and i am bored i figure i may as well ask what people think of this strat... I DONT CARE TO HERE YOU TALK ABOUT HOW YOU CAN HIT OR BREAK ME ...

My kingdom decided to go for size this age, so my aim is to get larger than my best attacker province (4.2k acres in a ghetto)

i went human Rogue, i choose rogue over sage/merchant so i can at least entertain my self by stealing stuff.

Build i am pursing is

20 % mills
    20 % banks
    20 % arms
    10 % guilds
    10 % farms
    10 % Towers (may reduce to 0 once age gets going)
    10 % Theives dens

and if you are going to shoot somthing down please provide a replacement target... aka XX% of ABC suck... get XYZ instead....

Ditch the thieves' dens, the guilds, the towers, and invest in science, so you can run 6% or less farms.

Big, dumb explorer wants to be shepherd, sage, or merchant.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    If you want to explore, you really need forts - 15-25%

Veteran
    I personally found arms to be pretty useless when growing big (and not pumping leets), you also won't need a lot of guilds/towers because as human you get bugger all useful spells as an explorer, and they're not worth the ~15% of land taken up to achieve that. IF, however, you plan on going into wars, then you'll need the guilds for wizzards (if not going into unfriendly with anyone you don't need any wizzies).

As VT2 said, drop the TD's, pump up your sci, and I'd consider running a good amount of homes to keep your BE maxed. Then again I'm assuming you're going for a ghetto-cow here.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored View Post
    If you want to explore, you really need forts - 15-25%
    truth
    The End of an Era

Post Demon
    Rogue is not a good personality for an explorer. You're gonna be too big to have any targets to steal from so it's just a waste. As a consequence, TD's are also a waste. If you're gonna do nothing but exploring, I suggest GS later on, because unless you can keep up with the banking provs in the top kd's, you'll be fed on a lot.

where is your houses,
    My life is better then yours.

as of the house, i did some maths and it showed that the bigger you get the more house you gotta build to keep max efficiency. So, for starter, 0% homes till 1k acres is nice, 35% draft though. As you grow fatter, you build more homes and higher your drafts %... my calculations went from 0% homes/1k acres/35% draft to 20%homes/3k acres/56%draft
    freedom of speech is useless unless youre willing to let people say something you dont like.

Post Demon
    you want homes mostly for the peasant growth. BE is kinda overrated and it won't really drop if you keep exploring fast.

id say that if you went for extra acres at start you wont have max pop soon... last time I logged I had 15 peasants/25k pop
    freedom of speech is useless unless youre willing to let people say something you dont like.

Post Demon
    yes, and that's why you want some homes and cast l&p

yeah, as in with 400 peasants/hr... it would take me only 25 hours (1 real time week) to fill up my land.

... we must consider that the game has been on for only 78 hours now.

Enthusiast
    If(no homes and no l&p) == you lose

Post Fiend
    Just go avian:)

50% homes or bust.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information