seriously how much $?
    S E C R E T S

Postaholic
    30,000£

pm for payment details.

How about a fund-raise?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    seriously how much $?
    strangely applying to purchase a company, or part of a company, does not seem to work via game forums.

Bishop, quick question, if I reprogrammed the game, and made my own forums, would you mod them (for free/bonus resources/my mom)?
    When the nay-sayers pipe up with talk of exploitation through strategy and planning I'm reminded of a Jack Nickolson quote, "I think of a man, then I remove logic and reason from him"

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I think mods would be the least of your worries mate. A lot of people have the time/sense to mod forums.

you dont really want me

..I was thinking along these lines a few days ago... (see 'I have a cunning plan') ... If you look at the problem a different way.. How much has this new code cost?

S+B's time for say ...6 months...that's x1 programmer-year, so £50k to start with? That is what has been spent on it, minimum, plus what the game would earn in say 3 years in advertising income? which is probably £2.97 as this game has no future guessing by the mess we have now.

I really don't see much future for the game. All I can see is problems with the code for the next 6 months. I doubt the game will survive. The 'Earth' thing is quite simple; the sale value was not worth the risk. The risk that it might become popular and take trade away from them or that they could use the name in the future or even revive the game in some form. Sadly it's probably the same with our game. It's not worth selling it to us at a budget price. If we did take the game then it's 10k or so (hardcore) players 'lost' to them who might come back or move to one of their other games. They want us, we are not casual players, we are the nutters who log in x10 a day and make their numbers look good. It would be nice if the new owners gave a statement about how they see the future of the game but there probably would be no truth in it, it would just be rhetoric. It's why we want control of the game, to ensure it's future. Of the people .....and all that.......(hell I would even keep Bishop as a mod if we got control!). Clone is a waste of time, don't even think of it. We could waste hours of work and have it taken away. Could the owners take us to court? yes/no? dunno, but I do know that lawyers are really expensive and it's just crazy to build any sort of future for the game on shifting sand. :(

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    how much would you sell it for right now?

you have my email.
    If you want to buy Utopia, i'd suggest to contact Peter Zaborszky of RenegadeGames / Planetarion for info. Planetarion was another mmorpg with a glorious past that Jolt decided to discontinue. Pete managed to found a startup and buy it from them, and if he is nice, perhaps he can tell you a bit about the problems and difficulties involved in buying and running a game like this.
    Groovy!

Thread Information