Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jolt planned to kill utopia from the start

macsean

Jolt planned to kill utopia from the start

They only bought utopia and earth for the player base.

They always intended to shut them both down and then pretended they needed to create a "newer utopia" because they can't understand or maintain the old code.

They planned to shut it down and try and get the players to move to khan wars (utopia kingdoms) from the start and it is only called "utopia kingdoms" to trick players into thinking it's still utopia so they move to it.

Yes, jolt bought our game to kill it.

No we didn't - hence the re-code.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by macsean View Post
    They only bought utopia and earth for the player base.

They always intended to shut them both down and then pretended they needed to create a "newer utopia" because they can't understand or maintain the old code.

They planned to shut it down and try and get the players to move to khan wars (utopia kingdoms) from the start and it is only called "utopia kingdoms" to trick players into thinking it's still utopia so they move to it.

Yes, jolt bought our game to kill it.
    Wow, well done signing up to say something that has been bashed out here a thousand times.

And btw, their plan makes no sense they way you describe it. They would be working alot harder to hold on to the player base if thats the only reason they bought it.

i strongly believe that jolt-gamespot or whoever is behind are wise enough (being long enough in the web-based market) to realise that Utopia is 10 classes over khan wars or other game.

There is no game equal to the interaction that utopia provides.

Therefore, i believe that they want to get Utopia to the 20-40k players database since is the only one that has the potential.

Ive quit Utopia back in 2007, i returned now. In the meantime i kept playing RPG and text-based, INCLUDING Khan Wars for 2 weeks.

I am back to Utopia, like me are hundreds. Khan Wars is a deplorable kids game that never attracts more than 2k players from which half are multies.

Jolt/Omac/Whatever do the re-code to enhance Utopia. This is logical considering their backgrounds in the industry and the only realistical option.

The other options:

- to kill utopia so they can grow Khan Wars? impossible, no utopian will play that ****ty game.
    - they dont care for the money so they just buy utopia and kill it so Khan Wars can become no1 - unrealistical... they aquired their top game and i believe this boards, comments, irc comunity, tools, utopia news sites and everything elsed really impressed the owners of the game.

Hope the game will be back working in Monday, even if i doubt, but quite optimistical that game will be on during the next week.

PS: kick that Sean and Brian capitalist employee out. they are completelly incompetents... when your business is down the employee must work 24/7 to fix it - is their job... fire the incompetents out and hire some1 that would die on the computer to fix the problem.

You cannot go and enjoy the weekend or work 9-5. You must fix the **** and if you did not within 10 days you should be unemployed

Regular
    *yawns

no comment..i dont like forums..but you see because of these downtime's i have a record breaking of almost 50 posts since age 3..what the **** i have done!

Hmm.. sounds like a theory. Good luck.

abootyou
    Again Lydias, it doesn't really matter anymore. You are killing Utopia whether you realize it or not, its only a matter of time before you pull the plug on here just like Earth. Either way, with the Earth move--ya'll can't really be trusted now. The only thing that is evident is that you bought swirve and intended to kill at least one of the games and are in the process of killing Utopia.

I agree with trollgar and vlahul, there is no way they would purposely throw away a large player base for the sake of another game which has many clones

No no, the plan is to get Playboy manager running with all of us as players. You see, when the day comes to launch it we will automatically be redirected to that game instead.

Post Fiend
    Well, I do plan to give that game a look when it's released.

Well, assuming that Utopia is still going to hold me around web games at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMistressOfBaal View Post
    Well, I do plan to give that game a look when it's released.
    I'm not looking at any of their crap and why should I as they threw a bad roll out at us with no back up to play the game on while blaming everything on the users.

WTF is that?
    SnooZzZZzzage

macsean
    As for the loss of players due to downtime, chances are they didn't expect BS to BS through their job interviews so they didn't expect the downtime. They thought they hired real programmers rofl!

Stop being melodramatic whiney children...

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by tranq View Post
    That will never happen. It's like it's in their nature

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by tranq View Post
    Get real. We're on the internet here after all.
    Groovy!

Thread Information