Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jolt sold to Gamespy

Postaholic

Jolt sold to Gamestop

Two more articles here, not sure if they've been posted yet:

http://siliconrepublic.com/news/arti...in-jolt-online

http://www.sbpost.ie/news/ireland/co...mes-45522.html

It says dylan collins will continue to head jolt...
    Last edited by Safri; 09-11-2009 at 01:20.

macsean
    It had but the moderators moved them to a dead forum that nobody reads saying they were "not utopia related"

"While terms of the deal have not been disclosed, the games retailer plans to invest up to €20 million in Jolt over the coming two to three years." That sounds like such a waste to me.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Postaholic
    "The plan, going forward, is to combine JOLT’s expertise as a successful publisher, developer and aggregator of browser-based games with GameStop’s multi-channel resources to capture new opportunities in gaming."

""While terms of the deal have not been disclosed, the games retailer plans to invest up to €20 million in Jolt over the coming two to three years." That sounds like such a waste to me."

Well considering how sucessfull Dylans former company was maybe its not such a bad idea. Dylan seems work wonders with things.

macsean
    Does that mean he's going to stop being a dick and hire real programmers now he has an extra 20 million, instead of giving the job to some guys he knows from uni?

have a very much wait and see attitude.

The game isn't even up this age ..... a couple of hours over the protection period doesn't count.
    IMPERIALS KLA

15 million, in an industry where companies have revenues in excess of 1 billion.
    That's not exactly groundbreaking, and not very impressive, either.

Let's face it.
    When was the last time you ever even heard of Demonware?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by macsean View Post
    Does that mean he's going to stop being a dick and hire real programmers now he has an extra 20 million, instead of giving the job to some guys he knows from uni?

You know that Sean and Dylans old company Demonware was sold for 15 million euros? And as Sean was behind the techincal part I am quite sure hes quite real.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    15 million, in an industry where companies have revenues in excess of 1 billion.
    That's not exactly groundbreaking, and not very impressive, either.

Let's face it.
    When was the last time you ever even heard of Demonware?
    So, care to show me any other company that had 1 billion revenues in the same "Industry". As far as I know their kind of work was quite specialized.

Postaholic
    " According to sources GameStop – one of the largest computer game retail giants in the world – has taken a considerable stake in JOLT and sees the rise of free-to-play browser games where there are major opportunities in advertising and micro-payments as an emerging market too hot to ignore."

which sounds abit ominous,although b+s promised not to introduce any play-to-win features

macsean
    bull&**** promised a lot of things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ea_games

I don't even understand what kind of work they were doing, but if they got 15 million for it, it mustn't have been that special. More like a convenient thing for them to aquire, and that's all.
    Since there's no actual documentation on how OMAC/Jolt/Jolt online gaming conducts its business, and the only things I can actually find on them are short lists of games, and the fact that they have 25 people employed, I can't really comment more than this.

Just take my word on this.
    15 million isn't big, bad, and manly. It seems high to you, but it's not.

Well, you should really start with knowing what kind of service they were providing before you start typing. Obviously you lack that so please refrain from posting before you done your proper research. Plus if it wasnt obvious I wasnt talking about Jolt/omac

Uh-uh.
    It's not listed anywhere what they actually do, so that's kind hard to figure out. Since I've never heard of Demonware, I'm going to assume that it's something I don't need to know, and don't want to know.

Let's compare their silly company that got them 15 million to Midway, which went bankrupt, yet still drew in 33 million.
    Yeah, 15 million is big bucks.

Let's leave it at that.
    The real economists and money-people will be all over this tomorrow.

Thread Information