Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give a proper explanation

Give a proper explanation

"Apologies for the downtime at OOP. It was an issue with disk space provoked by high activity due to OOP. It is fixed now and we are monitoring closely."

This is bull****. Hours after you "fixed it", it is still slow as ****. Same gateway timeouts, lags, no result pages. You can monitor all you want but it is not fixed.
    Don't be a politician, don't lie. Please.

This is repetitive spam, Bishop close and delete this thread immediately, report incoming.

(no offense ink, this isn't because of you <3)
    S E C R E T S

its the only thread i see looking for a more detailed explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    its the only thread i see looking for a more detailed explanation.
    HA funny joke.
    S E C R E T S

I was understanding last age lags due to going online too soon on the new code (pressured by players) but please, the current ingame message suggests the game should run fine now. Well it does not. And there has been a whole age to straighten out the code. So no bull**** please.

"HIGH ACTIVITY" !!!!!!!

There is only 9000 players !!!!!

How much activity can we actually produce ?!?!?!?!?

This is unacceptable imo. There needs to be a decent explanation!
    - Lookin' for Trouble !?!?!

- The greatest form of patriotism is dissent.

Post Fiend
    Even I agree that their explanation leaves a lot to be desired...

Post Fiend
    too frustrated to write!
    but agree with the above
    I need to go kill something now.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I was understanding last age lags due to going online too soon on the new code (pressured by players) but please, the current ingame message suggests the game should run fine now. Well it does not. And there has been a whole age to straighten out the code. So no bull**** please.
    and THIS is EXACTLY why i fought against them ending last age, because it's still beta. it runs poorly, if it even runs at all, and is buggy everywhere.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Post Demon
    Who cares if we have a new beta Age or the old one goes on for another 3 months?

because then we wouldn't be dealing with this bull**** age change ****

and pmyraje, exactly how long would you find is an acceptable amount of time for a complete alpha and beta to be finished?

3 months? 6 months? 2 yrs?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Post Fiend
    omg I can't deal with this.

*curls up in the fetal position holding my cat*

Post Demon
    As long as it takes. I work in the software industry so I know full well what can go wrong.

Admittedly we make damn sure we get our software out and working as close to our scheduled release date as possible, but then our customers are multi-billion dollar oil companies rather than people who just have to put up with ads passing their eyes (putting aside viruses that come from then), always assuming they don't have an ad-blocker so I guess priorities aren't as high.

I'd rather have a new Age Beta than the same old crap though. At least things change as a new age starts.

If the company really took the game seriously they would charge for it, use the money to pay people full time (since it has already been announced that Brian and Sean are working a lot on other projects) and get a good product out.

As it is they probably just realised they bought a game that requires more effort to get working than it is worth and comes attached with a ****ty community who aren't really worth bothering about pleasing.

Post Fiend
    sweet. pmyraje, the smart guy, seems to be saying what I also believe the situation is.

and you'll lose the rest of the player base if you make it pay to play.

2 yrs we've been waiting for this. they put beta on wol against the shouts of many, including myself, to appease the shouts of a few because of the dDoS attacks against the old code (but it wasn't against the old code it was against Roisin's login debacle).

they should have stuck to their original plan. alpha while wol continued to run on old code. when alpha was done, put beta on gen, as planned and leave wol on old code.

instead they've subjected us now to 2 ages of beta on wol when we should have had NONE.

and yet you keep brown-nosing for omac points for some reason that i have yet to figure out.

i used to work in the software industry as well, in quality assurance. my job was to beat up the software and find the bugs BEFORE they went live to the customer. and B&S have yet to figure that out.

but you'd apparently rather put 8k people thru this bull**** instead of them keeping the old age running a month longer and getting it fixed and stable first?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information