Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian and Sean - I don't understand

Brian and Sean - I don't understand

How is it possible for you to be THIS bad at your job? How is it possible to be so fail at replicating a text game? How did you manage to screw up so many different aspects of your code, making the game almost unplayable?

Why is it there are MAJOR bugs that haven't even been touched yet? What exactly do you do all day? This last update you did to fix some bugs and increase performance was pretty pathetic, to be honest. Speed was not improved at all, and the number of bugs you fixed seems extremely low considering how long it was since your last fix update. Have you even looked at the bugs forum? It sure as hell doesn't look like you have even tried knocking down that list in a REASONABLE amount of time.

There are coders playing this game that could work far more efficiently than you, it's embarrassing you are all we have to get this thing moving, since you clearly are in over your heads. You have a solid list of bugs waiting to be fixed, so what the hell is taking so long to fix them? You do work eight hours a day, right? And there really are two of you, right? Why does it take you two weeks to fix a handful of bugs? Why don't you seem to have any plan or clue as to how to proceed with getting this **** fixed?

Do you understand how unacceptable it is to just randomly set back time because you screwed something up? Do you have any inkling as to what that can do to a kingdom in the middle of a war, a wave, or even just standard play? You continue to show you have no clue about what is most important to the players.

Why don't you set a specific time to update the code? We need to know when you are taking the game down ahead of time. I don't care if you just finished a fix and are excited to implement it, give a day's notice, be professional maybe! I will give you an example, since I'm sure you have never before seen how to properly deal with your customers:

Great news gang, we have a line-up of bug fixes ready to implement to the code! To make this as inconvenient as possible for the players, we are going to notify you now of a scheduled downtime for tomorrow, at XX:XX GMT. At this time the game will be down for approximately 1 hour. Apologies in advance if this takes a bit longer than planned, but we hope to get it finished in an hour. So make sure to plan for at least an hour of downtime on that date, and notify your players! Thanks for your patience.
    Perhaps this way you won't keep screwing us in the ass every time you think it's acceptable to randomly take the game down. And while you are waiting that 24 hours to update the code, you can... *gasp* ...FIX MORE BUGS!!

You are an embarrassment. The grace period of being lenient due to the old code "hack" is over, as you have not shown any serious progress over the past 3 weeks.

I would like to say screw you in advance for destroying this game. I have a feeling that very soon I will be married with 2 kids, a house and a dog. And it will be all your fault.
    S E C R E T S

*puts on Bishop cap*

You should be happy the game is online at all.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I would rather the game be closed than have to suffer through such a pathetic state. If not for my fantastic kingdom and the people I talk to everyday, I would already be gone. And I think the same can be said for about half the players left right now. It sure isn't hope keeping us here, hope has all but disappeared.
    S E C R E T S

I find it funny that the only bug they fixed was the one that I was literally spamming the absolute **** out of with emails towards 'Sean via RT <utopia-alpha@joltonline.com>' about 3 times a day, pm'ing every single mod several times a day, and bumping my mate's thread @ http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=603913 (and forwarding the link to sean + all the mods) every single f'ing day and it still took them 2 weeks to fix such a simple problem.

Enough said.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 25-11-2009 at 17:19.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

OMAC are actually the main reason why I'm still here. I'm sticking around for the freakshow.

Ever since all the fun people stopped posting on the boards, the only thing keeping me here is the hilarious messages our overlords feed us, and judge Bishop passing out justice the Dylan C way.

At this rate, I doubt I'll have a kingdom left in another three weeks. People aren't in the mood for this, and shoddybattle seems more and more appealing with every day that passes.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    *puts on Bishop cap*

You should be happy the game is online at all.
    either show me where i said that or retract it, thanks.

Why didn't you just shot him with armor piercing lawgiver bullets?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

why don't you stop spamming before you get in trouble?

Bishop, please show me where it's against the rules to make fun of OMAC + lackeys. It's all the entertainment we have left, show a little compassion.

i have neither compassion or a sense of humour today.

What, you used to?

This is going off topic, if you want to chat to me you can use the PM option.

rofl, i love how this turned into a catwalk vs bishop vs vt2 thread in a matter of seconds.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

You were free to PM me in the first place instead of huffing and puffing :)

Thread Information