Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sux -- ALWAYS DOWN

New Sux -- ALWAYS DOWN

The new game, server, code SUX

it is down at minimum 3 minutes, every hour!
    call it ticking... i call it DOWN!, USELESS, SUX.

3 minutes is a LOT!
    do you realize that that converts to
    438 HOURS every year, that you cannot do SHIZNIT!!!
    18.25 DAYS!!! the server is down every year.

--

The new game sux, the server is continually down.
    Just put the old one back in play... it worked.

Then go admit, you sux'zor at coding. (and all that other gay wigga-talk i left out) :P

Glad to see that I am not the only one who wants the old code back. My mates and I just want a game stable enough to play ><

.. why dont get a life while those 3 mins last?

Post Fiend
    Take those 3 minutes to talk to your wife/girl it might lead to more interesting things:)
    To Err Is Human To Forgive Divine

@ feebee and Texn
    There are only two things that come from sweden and australia, shall I continue?

But on a more serious note... If I wanted to take 3 minutes out of every hour I play I would simply go fart on my wife.

Now please, speak something that has a little value to it next time.

Post Fiend
    Judging by the 'serious' messages you post, I doubt anyone really cares about what you think or want.

Old code = no no.
    New code without tick downtime = no no.
    New, bug-filled, some times really slow code = yes yes.

They've come a long way, so seriously, stop whining.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Autoband0 View Post
    They've come a long way, so seriously, stop whining.
    What do you even mean by that ? Whatever is the benefit of replacing a 100% running system with a completely new one with 50% functionality ?

I want you to find the error in the following statement:

"The old code was so damn hard to understand, we need to reprogram the game in our own style so that we're better at supporting it."

No ? Ok, I'll tell you. The problem is this:

If they don't understand the old code, then they don't understand the game.

And this is becoming glaringly obvious now just by reading all the reported bugs. I dont believe all of them are just programming mistakes, it rather looks like the devs often didn't even know that the game was supposed to behave in a certain way before being told by bug reports.

Sure, they managed to make something which looks like utopia at the first glance. But the important mechanics which grew in 10+ years and made the game what is was are often wrong or missing.

Rushing into the new system before understanding the old one was probably the worst mistake in utopia programming ever.

TommyB,
    You are a great Utopian.

These people can talk all this crap, and say nobody cares what my posts are saying.
    They think, becuase I have just a few posts... "I'm not worthy" or something of that nature.

The fact is, I have been playing this game since the second age.
    I enjoyed this game, ALL THESE AGES.
    This age is the first time I have had several thoughts of deleting my account and moving on to a new "time-waster".

OMAC, Brian, Sean... it doesn't matter.
    The case is simply a bad one.
    Utopia now = FailBlog status.

... yea i think i'll quit soon if it doesn't get fixed

"The old code was so damn hard to understand, we need to reprogram the game in our own style so that we're better at supporting it."

The age old argument of "which language is best." Of course, the answer is "the standard of the company."

If they needed to rewrite the code, thats FINE. It's actually intelligent as it gives them a better idea how to modify individual pieces to "fix" their bugs... rather than introduce new bugs while trying to fix the old. And more likely than not, they preserve 80% of the old "code" but simply transfer it to an easier to modify format. A few "updates" to how it works here and there, but most of it remains the same (that being formulas, calculators, things that "dictate" how the world works) though errors with the code interacting with itself are bound to popup after a rewrite.

Simply because something works does NOT mean you should settle for it, HORSES worked... and you didn't have to lift up tail and insert gas.

Forum Addict
    Hallo.

Man.. I know I shouldnt be mean but do you even know what you're talking about ?

Because if you do I really dont see how you come up with stuff like code interacting with itself or preserving 80% delphi code in a framework based python application. "Putting" every "second" word "in" quotes doesn't make it much better you know ?

But thats just me being mean, what annoys me is how you completely ignore what I say and talk about horse gas instead.

My point is not that a rewrite is always bad. Trying to rewrite something like utopia without a firm grasp of all the concepts you're trying to implement is bad. In any language.

you have got problems if you cant keep yourself busy for three minutes.
    Anzac ftw

Well, it gets annoying if you have 100% mana, and you know that is about 20-30 togs and other spells, and there is a 1-2min delay between spells. Who wants to spend 60 mins on spells??? This game was appealing before, it is becoming a burden in my gaming time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikael View Post
    Who wants to spend 60 mins on spells??? This game was appealing before, it is becoming a burden in my gaming time.

EXACTLY!!!
    There has not been a single time, where I have typed msg's in the forums, then go hit enter, after typing a damn novel... ONLY to find out the damn thing is ticking!
    it really pisses me off!

Obviously I haven't quit yet... but i'm not far from it.

Its kind of sad to see that happening
    This is SG Kingdom, if you are reading this you are the resistance - #Spore

[11:23] <~ravenant> .add order CHECK HaLL board for the war ROLL CALL, update self pimp info, all of them, if u cant make it, setup ccproxy and find someone to help u out
    Perfection. Fratzia. Sanitarium. Snowflake aka SG Kingdom. Sanctuary of Absalom. Rage of Absalom.

Thread Information