Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: things I don't understand

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blip View Post
    This is probably a matter of personal preference but here goes.
    When in war and you are hitting the opponent and not getting retaled do you train a certain unit?
    I ask b/c in our current war I am currently 21% larger then I started with more land coming in. I am a avian/wh if that matters.
    basically, you want to make it so you cant get broken (ie, train defspecs), and then get as much offense as possible =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

If you get to the point where you start to outgrow, as Blip has. Yes definitely make sure you remain unbreakable, but after that do you pump offence, or aid out + fund/kill dragons?

no idea if someone else adressed this in thread but in the first reply _greenie says

"if you have WS, use it!"

for when your chained.

i disagree, if you can attack you are at 1.1499999 of your max pop and you are in no real problems.

unless there is some bull**** reason you need to save the peasants for another tick or two until they hit you down again there is no need to WS.

i would much rather let them have the worse gains on my and contract me only to expand to a point where i can attack again when my armies return.

Post Demon
    I have always wanted to incorporate regular use of War spoils into a strategy, but there's no way I'm playing a freakin' Gnome so I'll have to give it a miss!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    no idea if someone else adressed this in thread but in the first reply _greenie says

"if you have WS, use it!"

for when your chained.

i disagree, if you can attack you are at 1.1499999 of your max pop and you are in no real problems.

unless there is some bull**** reason you need to save the peasants for another tick or two until they hit you down again there is no need to WS.

i would much rather let them have the worse gains on my and contract me only to expand to a point where i can attack again when my armies return.
    funny, our gnomes used WS quite alot... never had any issues =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Warspoils should be used at the right time. if your close to or getting unbreakable and to big its good to boost your NW and get better income sooner.

if your being chained i would only use it if your hitting more than 2x or even quading. WS with the last hit to slow down any desertion or need to release. but you definitely don't want to get into a position you need to WS all the time. by for example WS a hit and then get chained and have to or be forced to sit there for 18 hrs with no acres coming in.
    use WS on the last hit if your quadding and being chained/targeted heavily or completely suicidal.
    "Reality is for those who can't hack Drugs"

Thread Information