Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Etiquette of Hostile Rape

Thumbs up The Etiquette of Hostile Rape

I feel like I'm outta the loop or something & I need to catch up. Three incidents. Okay, we did a deep hostile the other day - wasn't really a rape but we usually go for guys our size for better odds at war - but 4 guys short. So we were 3.7 - they were 3.3. First thing happens after we've waved & gone hostile is person comes on & says queen away for 2 days so we won't be getting cf'd. We don't leave unresolved hostiles so I instructed her to change monarchs so we could get out of there. She says no cf & that they're going to continue opping & spelling us which they did & they attacked so we sent them a dragon & continued the hostile. Monarch mysteriously appears later & cf's, we compensate for their attacks & leave.

Then alliance leader writes & threatens my kd to end it. Is okay, we'd already ended it & I know the guy. No big deal. But when I tell him to get rid of those people & the way they conducted themselves when they supposedly din't want war he tells me all his kds are instructed to do the same.

Have times changed so much? Is that good advice for everyone?

2. Today we are being hostile raped in the truest sense of the word. They are 4.6. We are 3.6. So, they're a mil. bigger. Started at 9 this morning.
    Still going on. CF'd 3 hours after it started. They accepted the cf.
    Then they immediately broke it & started hostile raping us all over again. I have never seen that before in my life & I been playing a long, long time. Is this common practice, now? & brutal! Massacring ppl like crazy. Like they think we're gonna war them. S'if.

3. For the piece de resistance Cool Bob decides to join in the fun @ 9.2 million nw. Kinda slumming aren't'cha, Bob? Okay, but that's not the only thing. They're @ war! I always thought if you attacked oow you'd get like 30 acres. Huh! Everybody should fakey & attack oow. And..... KNRG is agin them, supposedly. But they're taking big chunks! 217, 159, 162 acres .. not bad grabs from oow on a 3.6 kd.

btw - none of these incidents are related.

Ok peeps, enlighten me:

1. If you don't want war should you refuse cf, op & spell & do some attax

2. If you're deep hostile raping someone shld you massacre, accept the cf the minute it is offered then break it & start hostile raping again

3. Should you get sweet hits for attacking from within war/who wants a fakey lol Man, that really kinda detracts from the spirit of the game.
    Last edited by DeVille; 17-12-2009 at 04:59.
    Shaken not stirred.

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes

This is Utopia.

Veteran
    sadly utopia is not the first place or the last place u should look for when in search for honor and valor. Honestly i have not played the game for TOO long, maybe about 10 ages now, and each age shows several examples of why this game is simply the survival of the fittest...ur getting munched on by a KD several times bigger than u? go into a fake war, into something, have allies who can back u or take u into a fake war, something...and look, fake wars in themselves are considered an evil, so wtf ya gonna do?

the fact is that medium sized/small sized KDs really can do nothing except for complain, if you hate bob so much, trade into a top KD and go kick em in their nuts :) Otherwise join in on the raping of smaller KDs

Arrow Sanctity of War

Bah! I don't hate BoB. They merely saw a window of opportunity & they took it. Normally, I woulda passed their intel onto friends who are always glad to get unretallable free hits of land. Too much conditioning in this case. I couldn't bring myself to violate the sanctity of war even tho they were hitting out of it.

Played sk several times & don't like the lack of control. Plus they generally don't tend to govern themselves on the whims of new player vendettas.

No, Bob, is pretty well guilt free in this scenario even tho I was p*ssed at the time I wrote it coming in the middle of the other one's perfidy.

The real culprit is OMAC. Sorry, guys. Heap more coals on your heads. OMAC is getting very bad advice. There was talk about a top player council last age or two & the game since then has been slanted towards top 30.

Not gonna mention UD being stripped of tog making it unplayable & tog going to Elf making it unbreakable so they could fix "IMBA".

It is OMAC who have set up the structure where peeps can now make a career outta oow hits & the sanctity of war becomes a shelter.

As long as we know that the rules have changed. I think everyone should do this. I fully intend to take advantage of it. Is obviously a new rule to the game. Like a tax shelter or something.

Ofc, as long as the rules are slanted to the powerful .... who are the ghettos gonna fire oow on ............ the majority of ppl will continue to feel oppressed.

Sanctity of war? Sure, give them 30, 50 acres. Maybe they're in overpop & are desperate for the land. But 217 acres on an oow hit on a kd 1/3 of their size.

OMAC - wtf? You guys on drugs? Stop listening to the Council. They represent only a minute portion of the player base.
    Shaken not stirred.

um, omac didnt change anything to do with wars or hostiles

Talking Virus? Worm maybe?

They've been tampering with other things - why not this? Tried getting intel lately? Intel was nvr meant to function at the same strength it would if it were trying to break an op or spell. Is intel. Sneaky. Spies. Not full fledged assault. Who doesn't get hit now? The guy you can't get intel on.
    Shaken not stirred.

maybe, maybe not - nothing to do with war/hostile mechanics though -which is what you were complaining about

Exclamation Was hitting oow always so lucrative?

I think not. Dunno if you hit oow, Bishop or if you did back in the day but I've been around a very long time & there was always a severe penalty for oow hits.

Where did it go?

& I was merely pointing out the fact that if one piece of coding that changes war can change so radically it is entirely possible that another can. Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by DeVille; 17-12-2009 at 18:09.
    Shaken not stirred.

its still there, it phases in after 24 hours - and it wasnt omac that brought that it

Regular
    Regardless of where it's from, why hasn't it been fixed yet?

What do you mean it phases in after 24 hours?

Are you saying they get a 24 hour grace period to wrack up hits oow? Was there a ruling on this to say how fake wars should be conducted with 50% they can abuse it as much as they want & then they're cautioned to tone it down a little??

Why doesn't it phase in the minute that war sign is clicked.

Sanctity of war includes all war, not a free for all for the first 24 hours of fakey!
    Shaken not stirred.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Having it phase in is better.

Did it ever occur to you to retal?

Quote Originally Posted by DeVille View Post
    Are you saying they get a 24 hour grace period to wrack up hits oow? Was there a ruling on this to say how fake wars should be conducted with 50% they can abuse it as much as they want & then they're cautioned to tone it down a little??

Sanctity of war includes all war, not a free for all for the first 24 hours of fakey!
    because if it did i could wave you and run to war/fw and you'd have -75% gains on me, this way you can retal

Hmmm ... the proclivities of a 3.6 kd being hostile raped..

by a 4.6 kd retalling the 9.2 kd who is simultaneously hitting oow.

No, I can honestly say it nvr occurred to me to retal. Do you honestly think it would have occurred to you to retal, Palem?

Had to bring your quote in, Bishop cuz I am totally confused by what you're saying.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeVille View Post

Bishop

because if it did i could wave you and run to war/fw and you'd have -75% gains on me, this way you can retal "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

ok now I think I get what you're saying. So a guys gonna wave & split to fw to hide - in order for you to retal the sanctity of war is being waived to protect this contingency.

But Bishop, don't you think if I have the wherewithal to back attack on your hostile I'm gonna be waiting pumped & with enuff money for a cpla dragons & the button on aggro the moment you emerge from FW to declare & kick your butt. Yes, I will. Dun need to flail around retalling you in fakey. We'll wait for the real thing. Ofc we will not do this if you are 3x our size nor will you run to FW to hide from us.

Besides which the kd running to fakey can keep hitting as well - you are saying the graduating penalty runs equally for both sides?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Examining the premise from your other possible meaning - guys are gonna wave then run to real war? Coming into war fat from land they didn't even take from the enemy - lol No, that's wrong. Going into real war & hitting out of war while they war.

So this delayed oow penalty is actually for the purpose of supporting FW's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shaken not stirred.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVille View Post
    by a 4.6 kd retalling the 9.2 kd who is simultaneously hitting oow.

No, I can honestly say it nvr occurred to me to retal. Do you honestly think it would have occurred to you to retal, Palem?
    Yes, that's why I brought it up...

The whole point of feeding is to grow, if they aren't growing then there's no point in feeding on you.

Thread Information