Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meteor Showers cast from target FW ?

Meteor Showers cast from target FW ?

So we are Hostile towards some scrubs who felt the need to retal from fake war, and I suddenly get METEOR SHOWERS cast on me???

What is this bull****. They are in FAKE WAR, I cannot kill their wizards nor landlust those idiots, yet I get a freaking Meteor on me. We have NO other relations with anyone.

Fix please.

Relax.
    If they haven't retaled enough(any) hits then I guess you can't use those hostile spells, :>, for the record, it's not 'a freaking meteor' but rather a 'a whole ****ing overpowered ***** of a meteor shower'

Sir Postalot
    you'll find you are hostile/unfriendly to them, but they arent unfriendly/hostile to you

welcome to FW =)

always been like that
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

yup, gotta deal with it
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

No, you don't get it. (But I guess I wasn't clear in my main post either due to being angry ;p)

We: Hostile vs them
    They: Hostile vs us
    They: In fakewar with another scrub kd.

Their fakewar should negate the option to have relations. Otherwise you could just wave kingdoms from FW, hope they retal and then LL their acres off. Thats bull****.

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=604117

Guess i can add to that, you have never been able to op people from fake war before this age (unless it was before like 3 years ago when i wouldnt have had opportunity to notice) But, currently being a mage most of the time in a kingdom that has is opponents go into fw most of the freaking time, you could not do hostile ops on them--

You also could not do hostile ops on a kingdom from a fake war, i know cause again i was a mystic and we were waved 2 minutes oow by a bunch of humans, i was chained to **** in the war and had like 32 mod wpa, people insisted that i would be able to land lust if we went into fake war. They continued to wave us into fw, i could not land lust them - i had the option, but after click the button, nothing would happen -- after we came out of fake war, we still had ops on them and i ms'd them all for many days until they had to go into their own fake war to make it stop (both sides were holding)
    Last edited by Deana; 28-12-2009 at 11:59.

Maybe specific spells are bugged then. I do know that I've been getting meteors, and the opposite kingdom is happily abusing this bug, congrats.
    Meteor Showers should be made war-only just like Propaganda (along with a few other spells/ops). Otherwise mystic has a clear advantage over rogue

I think the way it currently works/bugs is:
    If your own kingdom is in (fake) war, and another kingdom gives relations to you, your own kingdom can use (some) ops against them. They can't, because being at war cancels your relations.

It's a stupid bug that needs urgent fixing...

Quote Originally Posted by chid View Post
    Relax.
    If they haven't retaled enough(any) hits then I guess you can't use those hostile spells, :>, for the record, it's not 'a freaking meteor' but rather a 'a whole ****ing overpowered ***** of a meteor shower'

Agrees 100% with a big LMFAO!

Kicking this back up - can we please get some response on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    always been like that
    Nope, greenie, WAR should override ALL relations. Not allways been like that.

It's a (known) bug wich leaves room for plenty abuse and should be corrected.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

agree. war has always overridden all other relations, including outside of war. needs to be fixed as it is highly abusable
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfDGrey View Post
    Nope, greenie, WAR should override ALL relations. Not allways been like that.

It's a (known) bug wich leaves room for plenty abuse and should be corrected.
    am 99% sure you've always been able to cast spells FROM FW but not into
    whether or not you SHOULD be able to is another matter, but im 99% sure, even on old code, you could still op/LL/MS from war, assuming other party wasnt in a FW themselves
    Last edited by _greenie; 01-01-2010 at 07:17.
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    am 99% sure you've always been able to cast spells FROM FW but not into
    whether or not you SHOULD be able to is another matter, but im 99% sure, even on old code, you could still op/LL/MS from war, assuming other party wasnt in a FW themselves
    No you could not. You DID have the spells visible in your spellbook when selecting the kingdom with relations against you, but when you tried to cast them you'd get an error message.

So, where is the response from our admins/devs ??
    Punish the ones abusing the bug, and refund my lost troops, okay?

it's the weekend, prot, they won't respond until at least tuesday
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

This was posted on a sunday, meaning they had all week for it.

Thread Information