Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate DE strat?

you should look into dropping your leets some.
    you should be looking at running a powerful offensive force to back yourself up.... Your DE, your GOING to get hit.. (comes with the static defense)
    keep raw tpa at 2~2.2. and dump the thieves dens...
    20% homes
    5% farms
    17% TGs
    12% rax
    10% forts (or GS)
    10% guilds
    8% stables
    10% hospitals
    7% banks
    for a rough build.
    troop levels..
    enough elites to afford you 47~48 DPA
    2~2.2 raw tpa
    rest ospecs.
    try to increase raw WPA to 4.2~4.8

you'll be able to recover lost acres during war with landlust and attacks. Along with being able to abuse your mage potential at the early part of war, making it so that people will not WANT to attack you or risk increasing the damage you can do as an M.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Regular
    Man, a 2 to 2.2 raw TPA province without WTs is what our KD calls 'food'.

I call it 'playing to your strengths.'
    Most A/M's are elves, and for a very good reason.

Clearsight gives very good protection against T, and doesn't consume any population or acres.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

@dark
    oh, so your gonna let the DE swing and swing and swing on you, and let it grow while burning up your stealth on trying to weaken it ?? schmart.
    DEs get hit. as soon as you start hitting it, its TPA goes up.. plus the guy said he's got monarch, which affords him additional thievery protection. he'll be fine with 2~2.2 raw with his science and monarchy bonus.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

You're both n00bs.

Here's how it works.
    If you run a dark elf, regular elf, or anything besides gnome or human, you are going to be a target for A/T's.
    They run 4+ raw, and have insane mods - both racial, building, and science.

2 TPA raw will not protect you from them, just like their 2 raw WPA will not protect them from your magic.
    3 TPA won't have any effect, either - you run 2 to ward away other A/M's, ghetto hybrids, ghetto T/M's, and so you can get intel on people without failing 90% of your ops.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

With 140k mod def at 1.5k acres wont they just take me for a t/m? Dont get me wrong I agree with what you are all saying, have been looking through it and going aggressive def makes more sense, but it's rare to see a province with effective mod off high enough to do it (besides conquest) and generally when they see that many lites they assume t/m and avoid the landgrab. No massace=no hit?

best DE strat is aim for about 20 elites per acre, then just cast paradise every day.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    best DE strat is aim for about 20 elites per acre, then just cast paradise every day.
    this
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Post Fiend
    What VT2 are trying to tell u is correct , ur more or less over def for a attacker and in my eye's useless.

Focus on ur strenght's insted , and get higher off , drop elite's to drop NW , give's u same effect as ur GS , and out attack people insted.

Been a unbreakeble attacker sound's great btw , ill defently run that next age...

Quote Originally Posted by dark5863 View Post
    Doesn't 10% guilds yield the max durations for a Mystic? Iirc, it was 20% for nomystics, and hence 10% for mystics.
    Sorry, a bit off topic, but where did you get that from? I don't think there's such a thing as max duration, even if you're running 40% Guilds, is there?

Post Fiend
    Convert to T/M and dice to the 10th decile. (Homes, Farms, Banks, Forts, Guilds, TDs)

Otherwise, TGs/GS/Rax.

Regular

agreeing with Nobody

I would have to agree with nobody.

DE's off specs are great, and your strength, adding with stables are what your basic strategy lacks... I'm running about 50-55 DPA only elites, and rest off specs, still allows me to attack fairly well, and keeping decent defense at home. But this always does vary with what your kingdom is running, and their plan of action.

10% forts will be enough, like VT2 said, your going to be hit, your monarch(atleast the 10% def bonus will help in war). GS should be incorporated in your strat right before war. And definitely use hospitals, very much worth it with the costs of elites, as your primary defense.

Time and again, Vines strat with many homes doesn't normally prove itself worth it's weight. Tops 20% for homes, i would suggest 10-15% though.

Also, I would suggest 5-8% TD, like you said for some protection and to help with thief ops... assuming you will be doing light thief, stealing resources, or helping with SOM's. Again, sciences will help.

Also, 3 raw WPA should be sufficient, especially while at war and getting attacked. Land lust will be your friend, and your WPA will just raise as the war goes on, most likely... this will add another 1 Off spec per acre.

-------
    I'll probably be called a nub for this, but it's been effective for me and I'm happy with my results.

------
    Side note, IMO, if you are monarch and plan to be the rest of the age, your best off to outgrow, become unbreakable for a war, and concentrate on being dragon supplier, and having a raw WPA of 5, and good TPA... you'll be able to TOG to a dragon fairly easy... but that's a whole different strat then what you want, and doesn't work as well with mystic...

Regular
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dark5863 View Post
    Doesn't 10% guilds yield the max durations for a Mystic? Iirc, it was 20% for nomystics, and hence 10% for mystics.
    Sorry, a bit off topic, but where did you get that from? I don't think there's such a thing as max duration, even if you're running 40% Guilds, is there?
    http://www.utimes.info/article/2009/...pell-mechanics

overbuilding elites as the biggest DE in a kingdom is fine.

overbuilding ? what does that mean ?

Thread Information