Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TV in america

this is nice

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampy View Post
    Thanks for all the response and global TV is some nice yes but also 99% rubish,I visit a friend last week and he have that new box that use 5-6 dish and combine them all to 1 menu on his TV (2500 chanel from all over the planet) for 10$ per month.(pirate stuff)

all nice until I ask him to check the local news (part of our airport blew up then),well; out of 2500 chanels;he had no local news available!

analog signal in USA got ban last years I think,now they will try to do the same here (Canada),a big fight over this started about 2 months ago and guess what? soon it will be your country too!

result;they will dictate the news or what ever you are alowed to see

60-50 yrs ago it was mouth to mouth; your neibor piss and all knew
    40-20 yrs ago; prime news in any town was first local news on TV
    last 10 yrs; local news are only in big city and most small city lost they TV station

now my town could have a mass killing and no one would take it serious because they would'nt know about it but we will all know how to get big boobs and a 35 hrs erection and loose 100 lbs in 15 minutes.

they call it progress,well F-them all
    The removal of analog channels was a FCC deal. Here is why it happened...

The reclaimed channels will be used for a variety of service, including mobile phones, MediaFLO (55) and public safety (63/64 base, 68/69 mobile). Most of this mobile spectrum has been sold to existing incumbent providers, with AT&T Mobility and Verizon as the largest bidders (see United States 2008 wireless spectrum auction).

Quote Originally Posted by Fates Warning View Post
    The removal of analog channels was a FCC deal. Here is why it happened...

The reclaimed channels will be used for a variety of service, including mobile phones, MediaFLO (55) and public safety (63/64 base, 68/69 mobile). Most of this mobile spectrum has been sold to existing incumbent providers, with AT&T Mobility and Verizon as the largest bidders (see United States 2008 wireless spectrum auction).
    not to mention GIVING billions of dollars worth of bandwidth to the existing major network providers when they could've been charged for licenses (and they could definitely afford those)...
    i see a lot of talk about cable and satellite, never had those myself though i've of course seen 'em in other houses, that junk is too costly for me.
    local news is still on broadcast but of course they still focus on the negative rather than positive events. the college based stations seem to have a little better coverage.
    the only benefits i've seen from the (mandatory) digital conversion:
    i get weather radar on one sub channel now. that's cool, at least.
    extra sub-channels offer old reruns i couldn't get before. cool.
    99% of my hardware is now useless for anything but hooking up a VCR or older video game console.
    oh, joy, now the military and police have more bandwidth. like they needed it.
    my signal strength for reception has dropped so far i had to buy an outdoor antenna with a signal booster just to watch local channels less than 15 miles away as the crow flies.
    digital signal drops entirely to blackscreen or mixed colored patterns rather than being able to watch with reduced quality when there is signal interference.
    and of course, the propaganda machine just keeps on chugging along with the rich corporations telling us all how we'll pay if they're limited, and the government telling us how great for us these new laws they pass are even though a clear majority of citizens communicate their distaste for said legislation to their representatives.
    and of course, the tv stations still pull in beacoup revenue from the overfunded political campaigns which aren't held to any standard of factual information verification.
    i could go on, but why waste my breath complaining?

lol

Thread Information