Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foul gameplay by use of names

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primeval View Post
    Where are these rules?
    I actually can't seem to find any kind of rulebook for Utopia atm. :d

Btw, Nobody, nice signature.

Post Fiend
    This particular rule is encompassed by the "spirit of the game" rule. Besides, for any of you who know anything about common law, many precedents have been set in the changing of names of provs with confusing names for the breach of the spirit of the game rule.
    => The rule isn't explicitly stated, but it's definitely there.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Bonesplitter: Bugs forum are not used for discussion, this forum is. Easy enough explanation?

ThZ: Of course you always double check, but chance of still failing when putting alarm to hit during nighttime and the only thing being different is an a instead of an u character somewhere in the middle of the name is still big enough for this to be considered cheating.

pmyraje: Are you saying that they are ok to cheat beacuse they are coordinated enough to do it? ;)
    First of all, how can this be called coordinated? U don't even have to use regular Mirc communication to pull it off, ingame message could do it for u. There is no real skill worthy of advantages in coordinating names for an age.
    Secondly, if a kd were "coordinated" enough to pull of multiloggs for all provs, should they be allowed to? In real war there are several different pilots for UAVs to cover all shifts and to be able to keep it alert at all times. Is that even close to relevant when discussing the mechanics and rules of this game? In my mind=not at all
    Perhaps you should find a better spot for this then this isnt the place to discuss fair game play eather this is stratigy talk try the General utopia talk forum

This is cheating, although it's a judgement call in each case. And yes, the rules need to be posted somewhere nub OMACers. Provinces should be numbered automatically so kingdoms don't have to bother with it.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

"Provinces should be numbered automatically so kingdoms don't have to bother with it."

life is so easy, CW :P

im hoping that the devs actually have a list of things to add, a basic 'rulebook' should be on it for sure, but if there is such a list it must be miles long by now... :S

Quote Originally Posted by Primeval View Post
    Where are these rules?
    thats a damn good question

so what now? is there a list with rules already existing and used by the devs (so posted today) or do they have to come up with a list (and will it take a while...)?

Most of the rules other than the ones in the ToS, are not actually rules in the first place.
    The spirit of the game thing was something that was not an actual list of things but an encompassing idea that was put forth by Mehul in order to help prevent cheating and exploits.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Quote Originally Posted by ThZ View Post
    so what now? is there a list with rules already existing and used by the devs (so posted today) or do they have to come up with a list (and will it take a while...)?
    there are rules, i cant find the link though

Under Mehul, the account creation screen specifically said not to use confusing names. OMAC have been applying that rule too, even though they don't know how to write rules down.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

tOpLeSs
    ToPless
    tOplEss
    ^ not possible afaik.

God, i do miss the ascii art kd names from ages past.
    those always had numbers in front of them, otherwise they got ninja'd by mehul :/

imho I found 16 orcs waving us under anonimity way more confusing

Post Fiend
    Yes Noek, but that's part of playing the game as intended. Using confusing prov names was obviously not the intended way the game should be played.

Regular
    In previous ages, even OMAC (or better Lydias) handled confusing prov names
    and changed it manually or forced the owners to do so, as soon someone reported them.

Post Demon
    Maybe they just hve a higher level of what the call "confusion".

Thread Information