Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Guide

Sir Postalot
    im fairly certain that what is written in the guide for hostile meter is not what happens in game
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

which things in specific are you referring to greenie? as far as i can see there are just quite some events missing (like when does monarch bonus kick in)

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    lmao, bishop, since when did you ever post that you were against them using wiki or locking it down? you've ALWAYS been on the opposite side of my opinion on that in my recollection. you really like to change your tune dependent on the direction of the wind.

and as far as "being able" to type the wiki link, the point, bishop, is that i SHOULDN'T ****ING HAVE TO. there should be easy access links in the game (from the menu), and the links IN the game NEED TO ****ING WORK as well.

I think the wiki does have it's place, for the more advanced users. but for the novice, there needs to be a simple guide such as we had before. Mehul's guide, while not perfect, was so much easier to read and find what you were looking for quickly. it's format also matched the layout of the game which helped as well.

if i were a nub, i'd get to the throne page, and look for a guide, and IT'S NOT THERE... and i'd probably give up and just quit.
    • it needs to be linked on the home page (WITHOUT having to login).
    • it needs to be linked ingame on the sidebar menu
    • it needs to WORK from within the game

QFT +1 to Palem
    and yeah, do your job and delete your double post.
    why would i discuss my opinions on the wiki with you Luth? I have just told you that i was against the wiki being public, i dont need to explain when and where i said it.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by ThZ View Post
    which things in specific are you referring to greenie? as far as i can see there are just quite some events missing (like when does monarch bonus kick in)
    that's all there
    when monarch bonus kicks in: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph..._Meter#Hostile

but, i've found that how the wiki says meter works does not reflect what i've found with the meter during our hostile

lmao, bishop, since when did you ever post that you were against them using wiki or locking it down? you've ALWAYS been on the opposite side of my opinion on that in my recollection. you really like to change your tune dependent on the direction of the wind.
    Actually, he made a deal about it iirc (#uwiki). The devs just said it'd go online, and one day, it did. And it was still in progress when it went online. Plus we know what the uto community is like, people were abit hesitant to have it fully open but lets face the facts no one has been petty enough to deface it yet so i dont see what your point is.

and as far as "being able" to type the wiki link, the point, bishop, is that i SHOULDN'T ****ING HAVE TO. there should be easy access links in the game (from the menu), and the links IN the game NEED TO ****ING WORK as well.
    No argument from me there, a link to the wiki should be available in the ingame menu.

I think the wiki does have it's place, for the more advanced users. but for the novice, there needs to be a simple guide such as we had before. Mehul's guide, while not perfect, was so much easier to read and find what you were looking for quickly. it's format also matched the layout of the game which helped as well.
    if you dont challenge someone theyre never gonna know what they can achieve. the 'beginners guide' section has everything the old guide had.

if i were a nub, i'd get to the throne page, and look for a guide, and IT'S NOT THERE... and i'd probably give up and just quit.
    Not everyone thinks the way you do.

its not so much that the wiki is just inaccurate, but once you dive into it you'll find lots of small things missing. like: unfriendly/hostile/war effects, you cant see when monarch bonus kicks in (and i hear that in war the nw range on conquest is gone, should also be there). still no (advanced) conquest nw ranges , atleast not on the attacking/defending section.
    It was user created admittedly so rather than fill out what people 'thought was correct' it was probably more prudent to not fill it in, and get the devs to put in accurate info. but this could be brought up to bishop prolly ;p

We might have put you in that corner, Bishop, but the corner is created by Gamestop, and their totally failing company strategy, you cant blame/judge us for that, its the noobs that gave you this job (for a reason i still really dont understand, tbh, but thats a different story)
    id like to say that Bishop only functions as a mod of these boards. whatever extra he has taken on (e.g. the guide, position of liaison), he does because of his ability to communicate with the uto community and i dont think anyone is at fault here (with exception of those up there trying to make money out of a dying game). sniping at each other is kinda pointless and serves no purpose whatsoever.

Last but not least
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    but, i've found that how the wiki says meter works does not reflect what i've found with the meter during our hostile
    is prolly my fault if it is inaccurate since i created that description but I asked 3 leaders to proofread it. not sure why your scenario led to them being able to declare, but i dont really want to count because im too lazy. ;p
    Last edited by clarey; 10-01-2010 at 07:39.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Quote Originally Posted by puppy101 View Post
    is prolly my fault if it is inaccurate since i created that description but I asked 3 leaders to proofread it. not sure why your scenario led to them being able to declare, but i dont really want to count because im too lazy. ;p
    Sean confirmed that the numbers are right, he said that everything except a trad was up to 0.5 points - im still waiting on clarification before i update the wiki though

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Sean confirmed that the numbers are right, he said that everything except a trad was up to 0.5 points - im still waiting on clarification before i update the wiki though
    the numbers might be right, but i think the maxing of points and/or monthly reduction isnt working correctly, cause i did it for the 2 ages before this, and was able to judge the meter just fine, this age, the 2 times i've done it, have noticed it's been off

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    the numbers might be right, but i think the maxing of points and/or monthly reduction isnt working correctly, cause i did it for the 2 ages before this, and was able to judge the meter just fine, this age, the 2 times i've done it, have noticed it's been off
    actually, i wrote the guide off calculating for the past ages ;p initially i had thought 50 or 55 was the max, but Phlayre corrected me by telling me it was 60 near the end of last age.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Thread Information