Thread: "what is the policy when a mod crosses the line?"

"what is the policy when a mod crosses the line?"

Don't close stuff when things require answers, judge.

This one's easy.
    The policy for mods that cross the line is that they are never crossing the line, unless told such by a community manager, such as Lydias or Thundergore.

They're also not required to talk to us, tell us anything, or do anything at all for us, as so lovingly highlighted by Simey, Mickster, and probably Mourhelm at one point or another that I missed.

Mods are above the rules.
    They cannot be punished like other users, and are immune to infractions, and all similar things.

Basically, the whole system comes down to whether or not the mods and community managers are corrupt or not.

If you feel that a mod or community manager is doing something very, very stupid, you have two options: 1) whine a whole lot, usually over private messages to the person in question, who's going to feel so horny for power that infractions will ensue. plus the occasional stupidity from outside the forum; 2) contact Thundergore, and have him sort the mess out for you.

So far, I've had 100% success with option 2).
    This option always ensures that the mod in question stops doing stupid stuff, and that repeat offenses become incredibly rare.

Do note that OMAC has a really bizarre 'you must tell no one about our secret society'-thing going on for their moderators.
    You'll notice change, but you'll never know how that change came about, or what really happened, so don't waste your time asking, because the answer is always 'Xenu has not verified you as a trusted Clean. You will not be told about the volcano.'
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I close stuff if the op requests it.

mods are subject to the same forum rules as anyone else. Mods are also, like every other forum user, under no obligation to discuss private matters in public. And just like a moderator will not discuss the actions taken/not taken against a forum user we would not discuss the same about a moderator.

btw, option 2 is always preferred.

ty for the awnser Bishop, although a quite obvious one (and it shoudnt be this hard to get this simple awnser...)

"And just like a moderator will not discuss the actions taken/not taken against a forum user we would not discuss the same about a moderator."

i assume this applies to a public discussion?

and i think that it was a sarcastic request from palem to close his topic, but im not sure about that...

yes ThZ, the actions taken/not taken about an issue are always considered a private matter between the forum staff and the individual.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ThZ View Post
    and i think that it was a sarcastic request from palem to close his topic, but im not sure about that...
    No, I was serious. I wasn't going to get my answer, so the thread was pointless.

I can get answers out of walls, as proven repeatedly.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

do like me VT2 when you dont like it BUT you think are right (I assume you dont cry wolf for nothing)

when I'm piss;I got way way above they stupid head and talk sense to sensible people who own this joint and care about it;they have a tendancy to listen more,but like I said;you must make sense and be true w/o any doudt.
    yeah that's me sitting on the hood with my brother

still wondering why your using sicko's picture as a avatar ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

VT2 must be drunk and high again. Go troll some other forum dude. Your a waste of space here.

I drew that avatar in artgem, back in the ancient days of 1999.
    It holds a bunch of meaning to me.

No, spliff.
    I was high yesterday, but not while I was around these boards.
    That would have made me as bad as you, and we can't have that.

my avatar is from the good old days (age 17 or 16th BF I think when we beat Playboy)
    actually that age we use this one;
    http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic102193.jpg

if I'm right and my memory is good; Brikot made them,so I use this avatar in memory of good old friend,also who ever play genesis in age 1 to 4 will remember this emblem.

btw it was those who nickname me Grampy,I was call CaptJack before 1999,many time I still use as province nick name "CJ".

Veteran

What is policy for OMAC...

for moderators who "cross the line?"

i understand that it is policy to not discuss private and individual cases, but this should be public knowledge.

Because our moderators are human, each will have a different opinion on what is or is not acceptable content. Occasionally, posts will get deleted which maybe another moderator would leave alone -- this is simply part of the job. Users who keep their posts clean and friendly should have no problems whatsoever -- the moderators are users just like yourself and help to make these forums possible and enjoyable.

all the rule for forum;
    http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=561106

If you have any complaints about the moderation team you are welcome to voice them via this link: http://forums.joltonline.com/sendmessage.php

Didn't I explain this already?
    There's a thread with almost the exact same name somewhere down this page, I do believe.

I did, and here's a link to the thread in question: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=606092

lol I must have alzeimer, VT2 post is the exact same,maybe the mod could merge this

Thread Information